Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrifying?

I wouldn’t be able to keep a straight face looking at Frosty’s ears
Mods, ban????????????

Violates rule 69: Sam Frost is very sexcy and we want 2 shag him

where are the training reports? has no one been able to make it down due to the COVID sitch? where is Tops?

Hey Everyone, pardon the intrusion.

I'm pretty lucky with my landscaping gig that on the odd occasion I find myself at various footy grounds and today I was lucky enough to land an early gig at Waverley Park. Now I was there from 6:30 but when I found out your boys would be training I found some ways to prolong the job and managed to catch most of the training session so thought I'd give you a little report.

Most of the boys started rolling out onto the ground in waves from 8:00 to 8:30 am for a small warm-up and then they did what looked like a 1km time trial. Tom Phillips started out strong and looked the pace-maker but Finn Maginness and Josh Ward were right on his heels. Looked to be a pretty contested race but Ward seemed to find another gear over the last 100m or so and ended up taking it out over Finn and then Phillips rounding out the top three. Not sure who this player was but "Cashy" finished up there with that big ruckman Ned Reeves rounding out the top 5. Mitch Lewis looks a much bigger man but that added weight on the frame looked to have taken its toll and he finished out the back of the pack with Jarmen Impey and Kyle Hartigan.

Notable absentees from the run were Ben McEvoy and Tom Mitchell who were both in the center square with Robert Harvey setting up a drill while the run was taking place, neither player participated in the training drills. Couldn't quite pick up why but it looked like Tom Mitchell had strapping on his left ankle but I can't be certain.

After the run players took a 5 minute break and then split into groups with the midfielders working on stoppages and blocking/creating space for each other. James Worpel looks really solid and was vocal throughout the session. Reeves and Lynch? were going h2h in the ruck but Reeves started to use his size to work over Lynch and would say he won the contest quite easily. Jai Newcombe might have been the surprise packet in the group as he spent the majority of the drill head to head with Chad Wingard and he got the better of him with some nice pick-ups in congestion. I think you also have an absolute gem on your hands with that Ward kid, he just wouldn't stop working and was visibly frustrated with himself whenever he didn't pick the ball up cleanly or stick a tackle, you can tell he's a professional and one of those players who'll get the best out of himself.

The forwards and defenders were working on a contested leading/marking drill but I honestly have no idea what they were actually doing. Most of the time I just heard Damian Monkhurst getting stuck into Mitch Lewis for leading too deep into the pockets. I think it was Emerson Jeka who looked really strong though and was getting the praise from the Monk as he had some solid leading patterns and looked to be getting the better of his opponent, that being said I'm not sure who his opponent was.

Outside of that, there's not much else to report, other than the fact I completely made all of this up and I've never been to Waverley Park in my life. Ned Reeves in the top 5 of a time trial? Come on now.....

Last edited:

I'm pretty lucky with my landscaping gig that on the odd occasion I find myself at various footy grounds and today I was lucky enough to land an early gig at Waverley Park. Now I was there from 6:30 but when I found out your boys would be training I found some ways to prolong the job and managed to catch most of the training session so thought I'd give you a little report.

Most of the boys started rolling out onto the ground in waves from 8:00 to 8:30 am for a small warm-up and then they did what looked like a 1km time trial. Tom Phillips started out strong and looked the pace-maker but Finn Maginness and Josh Ward were right on his heels. Looked to be a pretty contested race but Ward seemed to find another gear over the last 100m or so and ended up taking it out over Finn and then Phillips rounding out the top three. Not sure who this player was but "Cashy" finished up there with that big ruckman Ned Reeves rounding out the top 5. Mitch Lewis looks a much bigger man but that added weight on the frame looked to have taken its toll and he finished out the back of the pack with Jarmen Impey and Kyle Hartigan.

Notable absentees from the run were Ben McEvoy and Tom Mitchell who were both in the center square with Robert Harvey setting up a drill while the run was taking place, neither player participated in the training drills. Couldn't quite pick up why but it looked like Tom Mitchell had strapping on his left ankle but I can't be certain.

After the run players took a 5 minute break and then split into groups with the midfielders working on stoppages and blocking/creating space for each other. James Worpel looks really solid and was vocal throughout the session. Reeves and Lynch? were going h2h in the ruck but Reeves started to use his size to work over Lynch and would say he won the contest quite easily. Jai Newcombe might have been the surprise packet in the group as he spent the majority of the drill head to head with Chad Wingard and he got the better of him with some nice pick-ups in congestion. I think you also have an absolute gem on your hands with that Ward kid, he just wouldn't stop working and was visibly frustrated with himself whenever he didn't pick the ball up cleanly or stick a tackle, you can tell he's a professional and one of those players who'll get the best out of himself.

The forwards and defenders were working on a contested leading/marking drill but I honestly have no idea what they were actually doing. Most of the time I just heard Scott Monkhurst getting stuck into Mitch Lewis for leading too deep into the pockets. I think it was Emerson Jeka who looked really strong though and was getting the praise from the Monk as he had some solid leading patterns and looked to be getting the better of his opponent, that being said I'm not sure who his opponent was.

Outside of that, there's not much else to report, other than the fact I completely made all of this up and I've never been to Waverley Park in my life. Ned Reeves in the top 5 of a time trial? Come on now.....
Sigh. Saw the wall of text and dared to dream... 😆

The forwards and defenders were working on a contested leading/marking drill but I honestly have no idea what they were actually doing. Most of the time I just heard Scott Monkhurst getting stuck into Mitch Lewis for leading too deep into the pockets. I think it was Emerson Jeka who looked really strong though and was getting the praise from the Monk as he had some solid leading patterns and looked to be getting the better of his opponent, that being said I'm not sure who his opponent was.

6C8BC989-0986-4313-BFD1-4BF3B49A8534.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love it best report ever

Love it best report ever
This was my favourite part………

The forwards and defenders were working on a contested leading/marking drill but I honestly have no idea what they were actually doing

Convinced me he was actually there

Sigh. Saw the wall of text and dared to dream... 😆
What did you expect from a bulldogs supporter; they don't know the difference between a throw and a handball. Nor does this one know the difference between the names Damian and Scott.

Is this Duke Newcombes Dad :tearsofjoy:

The forwards and defenders were working on a contested leading/marking drill but I honestly have no idea what they were actually doing. Most of the time I just heard Damian Monkhurst getting stuck into Mitch Lewis for leading too deep into the pockets. I think it was Emerson Jeka who looked really strong though and was getting the praise from the Monk as he had some solid leading patterns and looked to be getting the better of his opponent, that being said I'm not sure who his opponent was.

Training report.... finally.

Looking in shape and being in shape are totally different things. For some people, the effort involved in getting their bodyfat that low would be deleterious to their performance. Andrew Gaff is one of the best endurance runners in the competition and he's hardly the poster boy for muscle definition.
Akermanis was always best with a bit more junk in the trunk too.

We're so desperate for training reports, this has pretty much become canon. 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back