Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats a tough back 6 to get into. I'm not so sure
He doesn't have to get into it. He's already in there.

He is one that doesn't have the tank to play up higher which makes him even more of a lock up back than the others who can potentially play mid. He's our best ball user and class mover in the back 6.

From those who have watched training are there any signs that any of our plethora of hbf (scrim, day, CJ, Impey + bramble appears to be playing hb) are being groomed to play up the ground?

Itā€™s brought up constantly that X player can move up to wing so Y player can fit in backline - but is it realistic?

If it is not that makes team selection interesting as some ā€˜locksā€™ may be squeezed out.

I think Morrison in real life is a different player than what is spoken about on here.

A lot of people view him as a player with medium skills, speed and size who simply runs up and down the wing in a straight line and gets 15 possies a game.

He's got a few tricks, he's a clever enough player to find the pill in space and link up as we transition forward. For a 'vanilla' player he's also pretty good at avoiding tackles (seen him sell some v tasty foot candy a fair few occasions) and pops up with goals on a regular too.

If we are going for Hawks comparisons, he might be closest to Jono Simpkin - a very tidy outside mid/flanker who you need in a premiership squad to fill the top 18 to 25 spots on the list

2021. Newcombe (mid season) Brockman (R1)
2020 Morris (R6) Day (R6)
2019 Worpel (R6) Mirra (R3)
2016 Lovell (R6)
2013 Anderson (R1)
2012 Brad Hill (R4)
2009 Schoenmakers (R1)
2008 Stokes (R1) Rioli (R1)
2006 Birchall (R1)
2005 Franklin (R1) Lewis (R3) Taylor (R3) Roughead (R3)

Players to senior debut within 6 games of being drafted

So in 2022 perhaps two (recent years) or up to 4 (new coach effect)
Can't believe you forgot the massive contributions of Jarrod Kayler-Thomson and Connor Downie.

We have very negative fans (victims of success I assume)

Still remember the game schoenmakers dominated Hawkins and did his knee.
It was schoenmakers fault Hawkins kicked 2 goals after he did his knee...
Are you talking about the game he did his ACL? Was against Fremantle

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Are you talking about the game he did his ACL? Was against Fremantle

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
I could be wrong but recall Schoey doing his knee in a preseason game and it up around the wing right on the sideline by memory. Also pretty sure it was on a regional ground like Ballarat or somewhere like that.

I could be wrong but recall Schoey doing his knee in a preseason game and it up around the wing right on the sideline by memory. Also pretty sure it was on a regional ground like Ballarat or somewhere like that.
He did it in Tassie during regular season and was playing with confidence up until then. He was a great field kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back