Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you talking about the game he did his ACL? Was against Fremantle

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Remember him going off late in a close one vs Geelong. He'd dominated Hawkins that game (Hawkins had a Novak level meltdown at being owned by ryan).
He went off injured (may not have been knee), and people were blaming him for the loss

İf our midfield becomes more competitive around clearances and wins a lot more CP's then guys like Morrison will excell. He isn't that slow, has a good engine and is one of our better receivers of the ball on overlap. Not all our young draftees will be there in the first few rounds so Harry will definitely have his opportunity to show himself early in the season.

He did it in Tassie during regular season and was playing with confidence up until then. He was a great field kick.
Took him almost 2 seasons to get going again properly too. Poor bastard then ended up with a plethora of or leg related injuries too. At least he got to play in a premiership.

İf our midfield becomes more competitive around clearances and wins a lot more CP's then guys like Morrison will excell. He isn't that slow, has a good engine and is one of our better receivers of the ball on overlap. Not all our young draftees will be there in the first few rounds so Harry will definitely have his opportunity to show himself early in the season.

Our midfield really struggled for continuity last season. Despite this, we had 4 forwards kick over 22 goals which is better than 9 other sides. 3 of those players were under 24 years of age.

If we address our supply from the midfield than the scoring and victories will organically follow suit.

A brief training report from an untrained eye for today’s Family day session.

Spirits very high which seem to be a common theme on this Pre season thread.

I thought skills were a bit sloppy given the perfect conditions today.

Players who stood out to me -

Sicily who has absolutely bulked up in the upper body and looks like he could do anything in any part of the ground but trained with the backs.

Finn O’Hara who reminds me of Mark Graham in the no. 34 but who I didn’t actually see get a touch.

Harry Morrison stood out in the center bounce work and surely has gone past T Phillips

Josh Ward is a ball magnet

Connor Macdonald is a real smooth mover

Great to see Sam Butler and Seamus Mitchell and Jai Serong out there too.

Downie ran laps

CJ and Wingard don’t look like they will be in the rehab group for long.

Will Day did some boundary line interviewing. Hope he is on track with his rehab.

Go Hawks!

He did it in Tassie during regular season and was playing with confidence up until then. He was a great field kick.
Yep...

He was having his absolute best run of games until that game

Sounds like Breust is pretty happy with the change to Mitchell.
The Hawks, or the Giants? Luke Breust had 48 hours to make the call

I would have been very unhappy had that trade gone down...

Getting rid of a stalwart/possible 500 goal small forward for a 10-pick upgrade. Blurggghhh

If it was pick 13 on its own, yes, you'd have to try to do it, I guess...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have been very unhappy had that trade gone down...

Getting rid of a stalwart/possible 500 goal small forward for a 10-pick upgrade. Blurggghhh

If it was pick 13 on it's own, yes, you'd have to try to do it, I guess...
It would have sacked, but it also would have made the transition easier.
Luke looks like he has accepted that he has to earn his spot and won't just be given games though, and I think that's where the trade suggestion started. Sam didn't want any senior players around if they expected to be selected regardless of form

Luke looks like he has accepted that he has to earn his spot and won't just be given games though, and I think that's where the trade suggestion started. Sam didn't want any senior players around if they expected to be selected regardless of form
Im not sure luke's form comes into it. He will be one of the first picked in that forward line

Im not sure luke's form comes into it. He will be one of the first picked in that forward line

But in 2 or 3 years the ‘10 pick upgrade’ maybe the first picked with a 10 year career ahead of him while Luke will be retired.

I’m not saying the ‘10 pick upgrade‘ is a guaranteed star but obviously Sam sanctioned that trade and thought it was worth the gamble. We’ll never know who we would of landed now, maybe we‘d have taken Butler anyway :)

Intra-club match this Tuesday apparently. No idea what time though so if anyone else has any more info that’d be great so that some folks on here can get down for a look!
Edit: Intra-club match this Tuesday apparently. No idea what time though so if anyone else has any more info that’d be great so that some folks on here can get down for a look! And report back here

🤞🤞

Would it? From Pick 13 to 30 it was line ball all around. Butler who we ended up with was considered around those picks.

Noone should be first picked at the current time. If players have their names pencilled in it means we have learnt nothing from the last 4 years.
We need ruthless selection based purely on form and structure, just like vandenberg (who was captain at the time) being forced to play a third of the season at vfl level.

He is currently best 22, that's for sure, however, I'd hope if his output dropped, he'd be dropped

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back