List Mgmt. Supplementary Selection Period - 2 spots available

Which player(s) should Richmond give a rookie spot to?

• Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

• Nicholas Couroupis

• Rhyan Mansell

• Joshua Green

• No player selected, save places for the 2021 MSD / 2021 ND

• One player selected and one place saved for 2021 MSD or ND

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
It will be interesting to see which players we invite to training to vie for the remaining 2 rookie spots. DES is being considered as reported on the AFL web site.

Delisted Tiger Derek Eggmolesse-Smith will be considered for a training spot at Punt Road and is eligible to join the Tigers again via the SSP after going through the drafts without a new home.

Clubs also have the option of moving a player with a long-term injury to the inactive list to open up further positions for the SSP or Mid-Season Rookie Draft

It will be interesting to see which players we invite to training to vie for the remaining 2 rookie spots. DES is being considered as reported on the AFL web site.

Delisted Tiger Derek Eggmolesse-Smith will be considered for a training spot at Punt Road and is eligible to join the Tigers again via the SSP after going through the drafts without a new home.

Clubs also have the option of moving a player with a long-term injury to the inactive list to open up further positions for the SSP or Mid-Season Rookie Draft

It could be 3 spots if Soldo is placed on the inactive list.

I'd still like to have a look at Baldwin or Callow

Give the EggMolester another crack at it.

And maybe Zavier Maher

If we believe that Soldo won't be back next season we can put him on the inactive list and have 3 spots available.

Wouldn't be against inviting Kolar Callow & Baldwin to the club and having them compete against each other for a spot. Would get a really good look if they have what it takes to compete in an AFL environment.

Are we able to invite players who went undrafted who aren't delisted players (e.g Callow or Baldwin)?

Or was Sydney Stack a special case?

Are we able to invite players who went undrafted who aren't delisted players (e.g Callow or Baldwin)?

Or was Sydney Stack a special case?
You can

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rance & Cyril ;)

some of the names that missed out

Lachlan CARRIGAN
Josh Green
Zavier Maher
Liam Kolar
Pick the Athletes and watch them for 3 months to see if they can mark and kick.

Would Paddy McCartin be worth a look?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sydney have been 'looking ' for 4 months and didnt select him

No from me but Kolar & Callow would suit needs the most and Maher was always mentioned as a top 40 pick inside mid with speed but who knows
Part of me wants Green due to his brother as well as his size

Please don't waste a spot on Egg. Save them for the midseason draft if we need to.
Bring in several players for training. You get a look at them and are not forced to list them. If a player impresses then good give him a place, else send him packing.

Sydney have been 'looking ' for 4 months and didnt select him

No from me but Kolar & Callow would suit needs the most and Maher was always mentioned as a top 40 pick inside mid with speed but who knows
Part of me wants Green due to his brother as well as his size
I have no knowledge on Kolar and Callow but they seem highly rated. I wouldn’t be against them training at the club for a spot on the list if the brains trust saw value in them.

However, I believe that McCartin was a Swan until McDonald fell to them in the draft.

I’m a fan of McCartin- he showed good signs against us in a game a couple of years ago. His concussions are an issue, but I think his development and what he can bring to the team are greater than a kid short and long term. That’s if he’s over his concussion issues.

I’d be staggered if he hadn’t been discussed and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a chance to come down to the club.

I have no knowledge on Kolar and Callow but they seem highly rated. I wouldn’t be against them training at the club for a spot on the list if the brains trust saw value in them.

However, I believe that McCartin was a Swan until McDonald fell to them in the draft.

I’m a fan of McCartin- he showed good signs against us in a game a couple of years ago. His concussions are an issue, but I think his development and what he can bring to the team are greater than a kid short and long term. That’s if he’s over his concussion issues.

I’d be staggered if he hadn’t been discussed and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a chance to come down to the club.

With Concussion issue's like what McCartin has suffered i dont think you ever get over them as some of them were almost like really soft hits
I think its best for his health if he called it a day as he really just this year started to feel better after 2 years. I would pass

With Concussion issue's like what McCartin has suffered i dont think you ever get over them as some of them were almost like really soft hits
I think its best for his health if he called it a day as he really just this year started to feel better after 2 years. I would pass

Caveat - I know nothing about concussion and that's the obvious reason to rule him out.

BUT

We are still in the premiership window. If JR8 goes down with injury or just isn't up to it any more, we need an immediate replacement. Josh Caddy is undersized, CCJ is untested, Chol has performed poorly as a key forward, Miller is not a forward. We could possibly throw one of our magnificent 7 forward (probably Rance v2 or Broad) but it's not the likely to work.

I doubt he is anywhere close to AFL fitness levels, but if Paddy McCartin wanted to try out for a rookie spot I wouldn't say no. 100 to 1 against him making it, but just imagine the melts if he did...

Caveat - I know nothing about concussion and that's the obvious reason to rule him out.

BUT

We are still in the premiership window. If JR8 goes down with injury or just isn't up to it any more, we need an immediate replacement. Josh Caddy is undersized, CCJ is untested, Chol has performed poorly as a key forward, Miller is not a forward. We could possibly throw one of our magnificent 7 forward (probably Rance v2 or Broad) but it's not the likely to work.

I doubt he is anywhere close to AFL fitness levels, but if Paddy McCartin wanted to try out for a rookie spot I wouldn't say no. 100 to 1 against him making it, but just imagine the melts if he did...
Honestly i would jump at him if it was not for his concussion issue's but agree with all you wrote and all but 1 hit to the head the guy goes down and out for 12-18 months. Is that the answer ? Are we really that desperate ? If we were we would have taken a chance on Hogan

BUT

CJ plays well up fwd. Miller did play fwd in the VFL grand final. Caddy has KPF traits i.e. good mark & kick. Chol is on the list for this reason. Emergency use. Nank even. If Jack or Tom is out any of these options are better than concussion prone McCartin.

CJ plays well up fwd. Miller did play fwd in the VFL grand final. Caddy has KPF traits i.e. good mark & kick. Chol is on the list for this reason. Emergency use. Nank even. If Jack or Tom is out any of these options are better than concussion prone McCartin.

His brother Tom is out of contract next year. I’d be targeting him as Sydney now have Blakey and Logan McDonald as two highly rated young key forwards plus Buddy for another two years if he ever comes back. So Mcartin will either be squeezed out or put to the backline. Would suit our list perfectly if this is Jacks last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Supplementary Selection Period - 2 spots available

Back