Remove this Banner Ad

Eastdog

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
This thread is directly related to the one about support of a club in comparison to the clubs location. Im interested to see how many of you support your club but didnt actually live or grow up in the area in which it is based.

I Support the Western Bulldogs but live in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne and have never lived in Footscray or the Western suburbs.

I live in melbourne, never been to Perth but support the eagles. I was 5 liked the colour, liked the logo and stuck ever since and would not change a thing

Been a Cat fan for decades but I've never lived in Victoria. NSW, SA, Qld yes but not Victoria. As soon as I saw Senior, Billy, Stoneham, Couchy and Budda play I knew who I was going to follow.

Probably spent about 3 months of my life in total in South Australia. I think my mum wanted me to be a Carlton supporter like her, but she mustn't have tried hard enough, because by the age of six I was supporting the Crows because 'I liked the colours'.

Think it was me with the colours too.

Eagles fan, lived in SA all my life (23 years). Used to play soccer for the Gawler Eagles, same colours. I guess cos my Dad loved the Crows so much too, I rebelled a bit :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never lived in NSW, but have followed the Swans since I was a kid.

I went to a lot of Geelong West games growing up, and when they folded, I followed the red and white colours.

I'm a Melbourne supporter and have lived in Melbourne all my life.

(winning)

What part of Melbourne ?

And for me always Hawthorn
According to Dad the only alternative was moving out..
Was in Sydney until I was 5 then moved to Melbourne.

Grew up in regional NSW went to Sydney for a school footy competition and saw the Swan's vs Cat's had a great time with a bunch of Cat supporters and was a Cat fan since then

I'm from Tacoma, Washington, USA. I've been to Australia once in my life.

I went to my first and only footy game (R3 2007. Collingwood v. Richmond). Fell in love with the sport and the country. I followed Collingwood for a while, but I'm liking GWS. I hope to move to Sydney in a couple years and watch the Giants when they are good.

At the time I actually started following footy, was living in Melbourne. First game I saw on the tele (at least, first I remember) was Port Adelaide vs Collingwood. From memory, we were loosing pretty badly, so I guess I kind of felt they needed my support. Helped that Buckley was dominating that game (but as with that time period, the rest of the team sucked) and he became my favorite player.
Later I found out we won the year I was born (1990). Sealed it.
Spent my time in Melbourne in Mt. Eliza...(near Frankston, which I think is St. Kilda's zone. My dad had them as his "Melbourne team", so maybe geography counted for him).

Spent (just) over half my life now in Adelaide, sure as hell won't convert. Do support the other local SA teams in other sports though (36ers, Adelaide United, redbacks etc.)

Pretty much my entire family is from SA and supports the crows. That could be put down to geography (eastern suburbs, mostly support Norwood in the SANFL)

Born and raised in Perth til I was 10 (and was a Eagles fan), then moved to SA in 97, then changed to Port. Now proudly live in the great suburb of Alberton :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Supporters who didnt grow up or live in the area of where their club is based

Remove this Banner Ad

Back