Swanny on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Swann on Sen at the moment (or was it a replay?)

* Said West Coast initially asked for #1, #3, another pick plus a couple of players

* Said again, #1 is not on the table
* Said #3 is on the table, that is all discussed so far
* Confident of deal being done
* Players are all excited about it and ringing while on holidays asking about it
* Said we will not sell the farm for him
* Said we have a plan B if he goes to the PSD, something could happen there
* Said we have plenty of salary cap room
* Said we talked to Bower and Kennedy about possible trades last week
* Said that Paul Connors manages Murph and Juddy and maybe could sort out something with the #3 jumper.
* Said when he got the call he told Icke and then rang Ratts who went to the draft camp with a spring in his step
* Said that our current facilities are adequate and will be world class when the work is done
* Said that despite the Eagles demands, it isn't that sort of market and they will give what Carlton believes is fair, wants to do a fair deal however given the circumstances

Very heartening

Swann on Sen at the moment.

* Said West Coast initially asked for #1, #3, another pick plus a couple of players

* Said #3 is not
* Players are all excited about it and ringing while on holidays asking about it
* Said that Paul Connors manages Murph and Juddy and maybe could sort out something with the #3 jumper.
* Said when he got the call he told Icke and then rang Ratts who went to the draft camp with a spring in his step
* Said that our current facilities are adequate and will be world class when the work is done
* Said that despite the Eagles demands, it isn't that sort of market and they will give what Carlton believes is fair, wants to do a fair deal however given the circumstances

Very heartening
U r either the new rain man, a great secretary or swann himself. Great summary

Very heartening
:eek:
Talk about ambit claims.:D

They will be lucky to get 3, player, maybe a late pick.

sounds like we have them over a barrell.

I am happy that we are trying to be fair to the Eagles ..... I just don't want to go ripping off teams as we have been in the same situation in the past

Great to hear, but Swann is on record as saying that pick 3 is available for trade.
Yeah typo, I was typing so fast trying to get it down before I forgot something. Didn't occur to me until the end of the interview to get it down.

Great post ODN, listened to the broadcast and you nailed everything that he said, you could really tell Swann was stoked that we got him and not the filth.

Point 7 is very heartening, but Point 10 sucks.

Thanks for the summary ODN
The number 3 jumper? Was a throwaway line. Swann himself chuckled at the question before leaving it up to Connors. Murph will not be forced to give it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very heartening

:D Also said on 3AW that Fev is not on the table - was most definite that he is a required player.

Can you smell flag no. 17 just around the corner.:):)

Point 7 is very heartening, but Point 10 sucks.

Thanks for the summary ODN

Rumour has it that Murph went to the club and offered #3 if it would help. I suspect however that Judd will be wearing #5 next year. I dont know whether he would take it off Murph, plenty of kids out there have fallen in love with our little number 3!

Other points

* Judd would not be working for Visy
* Was very interested in the conservation issues Pratt was talking about
* Was interested in what we were doing as far as sports science and so forth.

Interesting concept actually .... Juddy, come to Carlton and aside from your salary, Visy will donate 'x' million dollars to 'x' conservation organisation. That is not personal income for Judd. Hmm, I wonder .........

I am happy that we are trying to be fair to the Eagles ..... I just don't want to go ripping off teams as we have been in the same situation in the past

Great point!

I don't want to see the Blues shaft another side and become alienated from trading like Hawthorn, Essendon and Collingwood.

I hope common sense prevails and both teams respect Judd's wishes.

I am tipping it will be done quite quickly, Swan and Icke are both very good operators and the Eagles will want to do the right thing through respect for Judd.

The number 3 jumper? Was a throwaway line. Swann himself chuckled at the question before leaving it up to Connors. Murph will not be forced to give it up.

Oh okay, puts it more into a comical context. Cheers.

Rumour has it that Murph went to the club and offered #3 if it would help. I suspect however that Judd will be wearing #5 next year. I dont know whether he would take it off Murph, plenty of kids out there have fallen in love with our little number 3!

What a little champ he is! Juddy is most welcome, but no one beats lil Murph!

:D

:eek:
Talk about ambit claims.:D

They will be lucky to get 3, player, maybe a late pick.

sounds like we have them over a barrell.

yeh it does hey!! thats exactly what it sounds like!!

you guys need to quit acting like you know all the goings on.

Maybe Richmond and Carlton may come to some agreement:D

Spot on!

But did you notice Connors was involved in the trade negotiations, I think he will act as a moderator on behalf of Judd to make sure they don't shaft each other.

For example if the Eagle request some outlandish trade and are completely inflexible in it, while the Blue have bent over backwards to get the deal done, but still fall short on the Eagles demands. Connors will then step in and say "PSD" then if the Eagles don't move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Swanny on SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back