Autopsy Swans by 79 over North

Remove this Banner Ad

They changed it last year to award the club that had the best aggregate winning position across the AFL and AFLW. It wasn't especially warmly received so I'm not sure if they've stuck with this again for 2024.

If they have, the lads will need Chloe, Montana, Ally and friends to chime in if they want to collect.

Wow they merged it? yer i cant see how that would of been warmly received :grin:

Definitely got a wake up call the young fella.. looked very slow at times and got hunted down and hit hard, particularly when he was caught on his left.

Certainly looks to have a bit of a JPK mould but has a bit to work on.. Hope he learns from it!
I was close by and I thought his appetite for the contest seemed less than his reputation suggested. Squibbed it.

I feel like if we kept our foot to the pebble, we were a chance of a 100-point win. We let in a couple of late goals, which is the norm for us.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Foot to the pebble?

car spaceship GIF

I was close by and I thought his appetite for the contest seemed less than his reputation suggested. Squibbed it.
Wardlaw had been good in recent North games. Reminded me of Rowbottom with his manic pressure at the contest.

I think it illustrates how hard it is to play that high pressure and intensity football for 4 quarters every week. Sides like St Kilda can lift and do against us but they are not playing like that every week. Likewise North seemed a bit flat this week after some good performances.

Wardlaw had been good in recent North games. Reminded me of Rowbottom with his manic pressure at the contest.

I think it illustrates how hard it is to play that high pressure and intensity football for 4 quarters every week. Sides like St Kilda can lift and do against us but they are not playing like that every week. Likewise North seemed a bit flat this week after some good performances.
Yep. Halfway through the second quarter it seemed that quite a few had more or less given up. Giving less than the full measure.
Thought Clarkson was pretty straight in his presser. Reality check.

Love these, but this week IMO they missed the clear best effort of the day, and it was Tom Papley giving about three or four consecutive efforts to hem North into the boundary line in our forward 50 when we were 70 points up.

So now I'm gonna have to GIF it.

Sydney v North Melbourne​

9 Errol Gulden (SYD)
9 Chad Warner (SYD)
5 Tom Papley (SYD)
3 Logan McDonald (SYD)
3 Brodie Grundy (SYD)
1 Nick Blakey (SYD)

LEADERBOARD

92 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
84 Nick Daicos (COLL)
78 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
74 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
72 Caleb Serong (FRE)
71 Errol Gulden (SYD)
71 Lachie Neale (BL)
68 Chad Warner (SYD)
65 Noah Anderson (GCFC)
65 Zach Merrett (ESS)

9 Errol Gulden (SYD)
9 Chad Warner (SYD)
5 Tom Papley (SYD)
3 Logan McDonald (SYD)
3 Brodie Grundy (SYD)
1 Nick Blakey (SYD)

LEADERBOARD

92 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
84 Nick Daicos (COLL)
78 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
72 Caleb Serong (FRE)
71 Errol Gulden (SYD)
71 Lachie Neale (BL)
68 Chad Warner (SYD)
65 Noah Anderson (GCFC)
65 Zach Merrett (ESS)
3 in the top 10

Wow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brownlow is going to be still a big watch because you could easily see Gulden storming home if he is grabbing 35+ a game and Heeney decides to slow down a bit. Think its roughly atm

Cripps & Neale 23
Daicos 22
Gulden 21
Merrett, Warner & Bont 19

9 Errol Gulden (SYD)
9 Chad Warner (SYD)
5 Tom Papley (SYD)
3 Logan McDonald (SYD)
3 Brodie Grundy (SYD)
1 Nick Blakey (SYD)

LEADERBOARD

92 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
84 Nick Daicos (COLL)
78 Patrick Cripps (CARL)
72 Caleb Serong (FRE)
71 Errol Gulden (SYD)
71 Lachie Neale (BL)
68 Chad Warner (SYD)
65 Noah Anderson (GCFC)
65 Zach Merrett (ESS)

My feeling is Chad will overtake a few in the coming weeks, he'll warm up his finals beast mode - no showboating, just focused power and destruction

My feeling is Chad will overtake a few in the coming weeks, he'll warm up his finals beast mode - no showboating, just focused power and destruction
Nah i genuinely think that Errol could go to another level given that with JM's PCL injury Errol might exclusively be on the wing and its alot harder to tag him if he just free roaming out of the stoppage rather than in the guts.

Yep. Halfway through the second quarter it seemed that quite a few had more or less given up. Giving less than the full measure.
Thought Clarkson was pretty straight in his presser. Reality check.
Gotta say I thought North were pretty dreadful after a few good weeks. Brought some pressure early but even in the first qr when we doing our usual impression of a bottom 8 team they did little to take advantage. Decision-making and skills under pressure were abysmal, which at least Clarko had the good grace to acknowledge.

It'd be damn awkward if Warner wins the Brownlow. His swinging elbow was far worse than what Heeney did IMO.
My preference would, however unlikely, for Chad or Errol to win it from 2nd, with only Isaac ahead.

We'll be staying in Sydney because it's GF week and the speech consists of the usual thanks, being honoured, job still to do etc.

Then post the GF victory, have Chad/Errol awarding it rightfully to Heeney on the dais.

I say post GF because we really don't want to head into a GF having told the AFL where to stick it.

My preference would, however unlikely, for Chad or Errol to win it from 2nd, with only Isaac ahead.

We'll be staying in Sydney because it's GF week and the speech consists of the usual thanks, being honoured, job still to do etc.

Then post the GF victory, have Chad/Errol awarding it rightfully to Heeney on the dais.

I say post GF because we really don't want to head into a GF having told the AFL where to stick it.
If we are being completely honest, the AFL would reverse-engineer a result to avoid one that has Heeney receiving the most votes. So we'll never really know if he would've won or not.

If we are being completely honest, the AFL would reverse-engineer a result to avoid one that has Heeney receiving the most votes. So we'll never really know if he would've won or not.
Yep the funny thing is that they could easily slide an extra vote or two towards Gulden rather than Heeney and then suddenly Gulden is then actually level with Cripps/Neale at this point in time

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans by 79 over North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back