Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Boaks first shit kick in the first quarter changed everything. They got a goal out of it gained a shit load of confidence and never look back.

I like Boak but he’s had a career killer tonight. I’m going to remember this stinker for a while
Yeah but don’t forget Burton. Another two momentum killers by him. He’s a serial underwhelming underperformer in finals

Pretty much what i expetected going in as $3.50 odds.

Midfield/defense held up well at times, forward structure was terrible due to Dixon again.
Geelong went in at $3.50 odds against us too. That's no excuse.

I posted at the start of the finals about how we were potentially 3 games from a premiership and simultaneously potentially 2 games from sacking Ken. 3 games later and we're at least 26 games away from a premiership but almost certainly plenty more, and sacking Ken feels even further.

Nowhere club

What an absolute stinker. Yet another Hinkley masterclass.

Boy do I love prelims. They're predictable. No surprises tonight. But that's what this club promotes. Stability.

Boaky I love you. You had a mare once again in a big game, but so did everyone else.

Burgoyne is a star, really clever. JHF is an enigma. Butters and Rozee not good enough, especially as leaders. Drew and Riolo alright I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rozee was the least of our worries tonight. Worked pretty hard all game and kicked 2 goals.

He's never going to be a consested tackling beast so just use him to his strength

You can rag on about Rozee not tackling but he had 4x as many tackles as JHF which never gets talked about

To be honest.

We revel in the sugar hits of meaningless wins far too often as a club.

Beating Sydney at the SCG last year in a game we only won because they missed a shot after the siren. Beating Geelong by 6 points after coughing up a 49 point lead. Beating Hawthorn in a game we dominated by 3 points after they hit the post on a game winning kick. I'm sure there's many more examples of celebrating the sugar hits.

We celebrate LUCK. That also summarises our forward line and game plan. We are just reliant on luck.

If we could go back to 2014, having Freo kick straight in that Semi might've made a huge difference to how Hinkley was perceived. That sugar hit might've cost us many years.

The Sicily miss now may be the same. Lose that, our coach is sacked and we look forward to some change. Again instead Ken is given a chance to start another year on the back of a piece of luck. Costing us another chance for a fresh start.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back