Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

If only a journo would think to ask “So the only things that haven’t changed are 1. Losing and 2. You - right Ken?”

I mean, a journo did ask him almost exactly that in the presser - that he has been the common denominator in the prelim losses. Basically just said something along the lines of “I get it” and “there’s a reflection piece” or some twaddle.

How good was moving Ratugolea to defence in the last quarter was sure to save us some % for next week. Oh wait.

Who wanted to play in the granny more? Just look at the tackle stat and it tells you the whole story of game and intent. 5 swans players over 5 tackles and only sweet for us on 5 tackles on the dot. Our engine room: Rozee 4 Drew 3 Boak 2 butters 2 Wines 2 JHF 1

says it all

Rozee and Butters once again failed in a finals series. Really big worry. Both just go to water when it matters,
I wouldn't go that far, but they're mediocre. Maybe that's worse than a vanishing act. They're just mediocre players nowhere near the form they show in the regular season. It falls to guys like Burgoyne or Lachie Jones to step up in finals ffs.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Sorry to be rude but people that bought prelim tickets + accom + exorbitant plane flights are complete and utter morons and deserved what they got.

I’d expect 95% of them are Ken loving happy clappers.

Yeah it’s the fans fault. That’s our problem fans wanting to watch finals. Everything will turn around when we all stop attending games.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As highlighted by fox footy 2 weeks ago, sides are dragging him into defence and watching him squeeze, fumble, fall over or panic kick.

They realize he’s cooked, everybody does except for kenny and trav
Absolute turnover merchant.

Boak and Dixon MUST retire or be forced out. They won't be part of our next premiership side. It's time to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an aside I am completely happy for Soldo to be traded and for us to get a project ruck in. Sweet tried hard, gave good service to our midfielders. He is the future as our no1 ruck.

Butters was shit.
He's got busted ribs. Doing well to even be out there. As ****ed as the timing of that was, it is hard to fully write him off on the back of that.

Ribs are a really bad and tricky injury, as someone that's had them a lot, it's baffling that anyone could even play with them. Must be on so many pain killers.

Was our best player by a mile I get his turnovers were bad but at least he tried something. He wanted to win nobody else looked like they wanted it more than him. You are out of your mind

Not a port supporter but thought Boak was clearly Port’s best also, with Aliir next best.

Rozee , solid game but needed more …… 7
Burton , fair game ….. 5
Burgoyne ,, not bad ….. 6
Sinn reasonable …. 4
Butters quiet with flashes of brilliance….. 5
Boak reasonable…… 5
Bergman … reasonable……. 5
Rioli , quiet with flashes of brilliance….. 5
Wines , reasonable…… 5
Horne Francis , tried hard ….. 6
Georgiades …. Quiet ….. 3
Allir … decent …. 6
Dixon tried hard but no power in his body ….. 3
Sweet …. Decent ….6
Zerk Thatcher , struggled …. 3
Ratogalea… no impact ….. 3
Drew , too focused on Heeey ,….. 4
F.Evans , no impact when he came on ,,,, 1
Byrne Jones , quiet ….4
Jones … quiet….. 4
L. Evans , quit…..4
Mead , very quiet …. 3
Narkle quiet ….. 3

The tried and not so true didn’t work , Too much of a crowd under the long bombs forward , brought it to ground a lot but apart from Rioli we haven’t got the class at ground level . Once they had the ball back their running patterns and foot skills overwhelmed us and that was basically the story of the night . Georgiades couldn’t get out of the congestion, two big slow forwards who didn’t mark the all , with Jesse Hogan we might’ve come close but alas we don’t have Jesse Hogan .
Sweet was good again took another big scalp but basically we weren’t good enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back