Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to be rude but people that bought prelim tickets + accom + exorbitant plane flights are complete and utter morons and deserved what they got.

I’d expect 95% of them are Ken loving happy clappers.
I did and used it to get away and packed in a lot of sight seeing in Sydney, loved it and the first time at the SCG. We were always going to lose so didn’t pin my enjoyment on this mob.

As highlighted by fox footy 2 weeks ago, sides are dragging him into defence and watching him squeeze, fumble, fall over or panic kick.

They realize he’s cooked, everybody does except for kenny and trav
They’re also happy for him to have 30 touches, 15 will benefit them

Guys like Evans, BZT and Bergman trailed their opponents horrifically. Similar story around the midfield.

Can’t remember a more boring, predictable game. We didn’t even have the blessing of being thrashed on the scoreboard. Just never in it.

The wonders of coaching.

Our players have absolutely no ****ing idea.

Now I don't know how we beat Hawthorn tbh.

I can't express enough how bored I am with Geelong and Sydney.

And now we have a resurgent Hawthorn to look forward to.

Don't know why I still bother with this league.

This genre of posts is the most perplexing on this whole board.

Geelong and Sydney are everything we want our club to be. Strong clubs who win big games and are always contending despite only being mid sized clubs. When people tell us 'it's not the SANFL anymore, you can't expect not to be shit', these are the two clubs we should point at and say 'why not us?'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I am pissed off, there are some positives. Sweet has been massive in the ruck as the year has gone on, Jase Burgoyne been great, Jones improving and George has had a great season. With a decent coach and game plan, we have the core of a good young side.

Well done on a great season Port, I was sh*ting myself going into this game tonight. I'm sure you're bitterly disappointed for the moment but I think it's important to remember how lucky we were to face you with quite a few of your best 23 not out there tonight and us having the sheer fortune of a healthy list at the pointy end of the season. You'll be up there amongst it again next year, I am certain.

Nah, they got the win they wanted last week. Now that Hinkley was safe, they were happy to serve up the same rubbish they did against Geelong. Congrats on getting into the GF.

As much as I am pissed off, there are some positives. Sweet has been massive in the ruck as the year has gone on, Jase Burgoyne been great, Jones improving and George has had a great season. With a decent coach and game plan, we have the core of a good young side.
You've touched the surface but scratch a bit more and we're miles off it.
Depth is shocking. Midfield doesn't bat deep enough.
Forward line is near bottom 6 standard.
If Houston goes , our defence is an even bigger worry.

There are far more negatives that came out of this season than positives.

Only gunna become more evident when one of our best players leaves to Carlton for pick 11

Even my partner who knows absolutely nothing about football commented on how crap our forward movement was compared to Sydney.
Yeah my wife was saying the same, "oh they're doing the bomb it in thing again"

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back