DBJ
Mead
Esava
Jones
Evans x 2
Narkle
Bergman
Rioli

That’s 11 players who were absolute arse and I think worse than Dixon.

It was arguably worse than the QF with how many players were absolutely shite.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We were a young team on the field with our two oldest and most experienced being Dixon and Boak, and therein lies the problem but the future looks a bit brighter.

I don't buy any of this sort of discussion.

I actually think there's a limit on the number of times a core group of players can keep going back to the well without winning it. It's a big mountain to continually climb each season with the evidence mounting by the year that it won't matter because we won't be good enough when we get to these big games anyway. I think we're likely to see a drop off for at least the next couple of seasons and who knows how much longer.

Our AFLW and AFLM teams lost by the same margin only hours apart, wonder if that's ever been done before.
We've probably had similar outputs with the AFL and SANFL sides on the same day or weekend.

We were a young team on the field with our two oldest and most experienced being Dixon and Boak, and therein lies the problem but the future looks a bit brighter.
Does it?

We're not getting any talent in the door. Hence why we're desperately pushing Houston out.

Brisbane have another #1 FS draft pick joining next year for example. GC top picks galore. Hawthorn climbing, many other clubs injecting talent while we struggle along.

We've got a good group, but we're in desperate need of some improved depth and some top end talent.

Our key mids just may not ever be good enough to get us there. We need to find multiple small forwards and midfielders. Mead, Narkle, Evans, McEntee, shouldn't be playing AFL. We need some support around Georgie. We need some young tall defenders to come through. Need to maintain depth despite the retirements. Lots to be done with this list, with no picks.

We need to absolutely go gang busters in the FA market over the next few years. And if we go and trade Houston for picks, we desperately need to nail those picks.

We also need to prioritise playing Sinn, Lorenz, maybe Visentini. Need to get the next gen in and going.

I hope the whole team plus Hinkley gets dixon’s whooping cough, **** I hate them right now.

Would make me sick seeing these pricks laughing and having a great time at the Brownlow.

**** them, I hope they all don’t poll well.

Sack Ken tomorrow please.

I’m so flipping angry

It’s going to be hard to process this year. We finished third. We win bronze. And with a very young midfield. All our best players are young- Rozee, Butters, Horne-Francis, Sweet, Logan Evans, Burgoyne

But we burnt another chance to go all the way. We couldn’t get Robbie the flag he deserved, now Travis and Charlie too. But there is no doubt, they can’t go on. And it hurts most for Travis, the guy who said “no” to Geelong at our darkest hour. That he retires without a flag, is nothing short of a travesty.

But that’s the cost of failure. And yet Ken gets to line up for a lucky 13th shot at it. That doesn’t seem right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the game with a Port supporter mate who agreed Boak was BOG for Port. If he wasn’t, who was?
My mate said many times….”Boak is one of the only ones who looks like he gives a sh**”
Which game did you watch? Was it on VHS? Boak turned the ball over badly at least 3 times and cost us 3 goals. Sweet was our best- dominated the ruck, beat Grundy, some of his ruck work was the best since Lade.

Might not be as big of a stretch as you think

Here are the absolute non events or turnover merchants
Boak
BZT
DBJ
Mead
Esava
Jones
Evans x 2
Narkle
Bergman
Rioli

That’s 11 players who were absolute arse and I think worse than Dixon.

It was arguably worse than the QF with how many players were absolutely shite.

You can chuck Mitch in that line up too. Did sweet FA AGAIN...

I don't buy any of this sort of discussion.

I actually think there's a limit on the number of times a core group of players can keep going back to the well without winning it. It's a big mountain to continually climb each season with the evidence mounting by the year that it won't matter because we won't be good enough when we get to these big games anyway. I think we're likely to see a drop off for at least the next couple of seasons and who knows how much longer.

I think you're right generally but a new coach can be a circuit breaker for this.

We're still going to have sweet tapping the ball down to JHF, Butters and Rozee with Drew and Wines in support. That alone will see us make the 8 again.

Watched the game with a Port supporter mate who agreed Boak was BOG for Port. If he wasn’t, who was?
My mate said many times….”Boak is one of the only ones who looks like he gives a sh**”
Is your Port supporter mate Travis Boak’s mum?

I thought Sweet was our only player to win his position, but we are all over the shop with our clearances. Our midfield group still appears disjointed.

As others have said, it was clearly mission accomplished tonight. Game was over when they kicked their third from three successive marks i50. Heads dropped along with the intensity and we gave up being first to the ball.

Structurally we were comprehensively outcoached. We may have still lost, but has we had any semblance of a strategy inside 50 we'd have given it a shake.

Structurally we were comprehensively outcoached. We may have still lost, but has we had any semblance of a strategy inside 50 we'd have given it a shake.

We were complaining about the forward structure in 2014. It's insane that we haven't sorted this out in a decade.

The comments about "didn't come to play" are bewildering to me. Dominated the centre bounce, and plus inside 50s however blind Freddy could see the kryptonite of the game plan was 50 meter 30 meter high bombs into the 50...
what the actual **** is that game plan?

This genre of posts is the most perplexing on this whole board.

Geelong and Sydney are everything we want our club to be. Strong clubs who win big games and are always contending despite only being mid sized clubs. When people tell us 'it's not the SANFL anymore, you can't expect not to be shit', these are the two clubs we should point at and say 'why not us?'.
Apart from successful coaches, Geelong and Sydney have had extremely good on field leaders, which is what we have lacked for years and without a strong leadership group you are going nowhere.

If my choices where a Ken ,2025 finals campaign .
Or brushing my teeth with an angle grinder.
I would be grabbing the tooth paste,lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back