Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine thinking boak played well, have another look in the replay and come back to us. I’ve always liked boak but you can’t play any worse than he did.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He had 22 touches. 3 of them were bad. This is still a much better game than our various shitcampaigner forwards getting single figure disposals and 0 goals, or whatever the **** BZT and Lachie Jones were doing.

Last edited:
I still don't understand how you can lose comfortably to a side you just beat by 112 points 6 weeks ago.

It's all mental

It's all Kental

The one thing I noticed at the game it took until 3 quarter time for the coaching staff to make actual line up changes.
They moved rat back down back and Evans to the wing, think that was the only changes through out the night.

I saw Hartlett coaching from the bench so your observation does not surprise me.

The guy who coached the Magpies to their worst season in 154 years.

I still don't understand how you can lose comfortably to a side you just beat by 112 points 6 weeks ago.

It's all mental

Here are the turnarounds from our most recent finals losses ...

'24 PF v Sydney - lost by 36 having previously won by 112 (148 point turnaround)

'24 QF v Geelong - lost by 84 having previously won by 6 (90 point turnaround)

'23 SF v GWS - lost by 23 having previously won by 51 (74 point turnaround)

'23 QF v Brisbane - lost by 48 having previously won by 56 (104 point turnaround)

'21 PF v Western Bulldogs - lost by 71 having previously won by 2 (73 point turnaround)

So the average score turnaround from the previous result for our last 5 losing finals is 97.8 points.

Coobk001 - one for your stats thread

'24 PF v Sydney - lost by 36 having previously won by 112 (148 point turnaround)

'23 QF v Brisbane - lost by 48 having previously won by 56 (104 point turnaround)

'21 PF v Western Bulldogs - lost by 71 having previously won by 2 (73 point turnaround)

So the average score turnaround from the previous result for our last 5 losing finals is 97.8 points.

Jesus Christ that's damning
If you ever needed confirmation that our method, gameplan and mental aptitude isn't made for finals that's it.

This numbers should be stuck on kochies head. He loves data.

If only Papley put a comment on Instagram midweek, you might have had something to play for…
That's a zinger!!

You realise we hate our coach more than you do right?

He had 4 tonight - only Sweet had more with 5.
Had 9 last week - only Wines had more with 10.
And he against Geelong he had 7 - the most on the ground.

But hey, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story...
Did you watch the game, or just read the stats at the end?

It's easy for a centre square midfielder to rack up tackle stats, there's a lot of stationary opponents around stoppages.

If you look at the game, there were at least 3 occasions in open play where Connor was stepped way too easily - he puts out an arm and falls over. That's not how to tackle, ask any rugby player - you tackle with your shoulder, not your forearm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least I saved a few grand not having to watch that type of capitulation in a Grand Final.
Yep, imagine paying $500 a ticket + everything else, and watching that.

I'm depressed enough about what happened, let alone that.

So glad it was an away prelim and my money wasn't wasted on it. That Bulldogs Prelim and wasting $400 on tickets for a game that lasted 5 mins was just should destroying.

The relationship between players and the coach is far too close.
They’re driven to get to a place of safety and comfort not making a GF.

As soon we beat Hawthorne all the players talked about was Kenny. The job was done and the season was effectively over.

Nothing will change until the coach is replaced and some senior players are retired.

Ground hog day.

Quintessential Hinkleyball.

You cannot blame the players when they have been told to play that way.

I cannot believe the coaches reverted to bomb it in when it has always failed.
Having played as a small forward myself, I have always been of the view that the forward structure at Port, with the exception of the Cahill years, has been mystifying to say the least. It was sickening to watch last night how precise the Toilet Ducks were with their forward line delivery, but how Port just shovelled it in high and long without identifying a marking target and watching the inevitable pack gather under it and race it out with ease. You would have thought that the coaches would have been right on to this and tweaked it before the lead got past a couple of goals. Georgiades is wasted in that structure, he's got the goods to be a 50 - 70 goal a year forward.
They are not a good side. Port made them look good. They will be found out next week by whoever wins today as both teams have far better structured forward set ups with a key leading forward and a good pack of small forwards who play the ' seagull' small forward role of getting in behind the defence perfectly.

Two different opponents but in 2007 a certain side won the Prelim against North Melbourne by 87 points then a week later that same side lost the Grand Final by a record 119 points. That is a 206 point turn around in the space of one week and that is possibly another AFL record! No prizes for guessing which side that was and we cannot blame Ken Hinkley for that one. Geez, it really hurts to look at those stats.

It is what happens on the day/night that counts not what happened in the weeks beforehand.

The turn arounds you list are staggering none the less and another indictment on the current coaching regime. David Koch is supposed to be a numbers man so you would think he would be aware of stats like those.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back