Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

You sure they won't be around coz I'm not. We are talking PA & not the other 17 teams who would 100% pull the plug. There's no way Longmire or Chris Scott pick Dixon in that final. NO WAY.
Yep. They didn't even pick Hawkins this week.

Was our best player by a mile I get his turnovers were bad but at least he tried something. He wanted to win nobody else looked like they wanted it more than him. You are out of your mind
This is the problem with the clubs mentality. If we bang it in 50,000 times we will score some goals. There is no concern for quality, its all about quantity.

Almost everyone was shit.

Drew alright
JHF alright
Burgoyne alright
Sweet ok

Boak shit
Wines shit
Rozee shit
Butters shit
Rat extra shit
Dixon extra extra shit
BZT putrescent shit
Narkle, Evans, Evans, shit

Who else plays, who cares
You forgot the serial underperformer DBJ when the heat is on. Yes, he had a good game against the Hawks (the whole team did) but this guy goes missing so often when the heat is on.

The one thing I noticed at the game it took until 3 quarter time for the coaching staff to make actual line up changes.
They moved rat back down back and Evans to the wing, think that was the only changes through out the night.

Staggered they didn’t hook Dixon at halftime and treat the second half like a whole new ballgame.

Just had to waste a further 15-20 minutes banging our heads against the brick wall to be sure.

Disappointed

The game plan flaws and tendency of our mids to only play offense was on full show

Still, positives to take from the season...
Horny was magnificent
Will drew as dependable as ever
Bzt largely solid when we went to two talls
Sweet was excellent in the back end
Jase took a huge step forward
Houston obviously
Bergman had a great year
Lachie Jones I thought had a decent end to the season
Georgiades had a great comeback season from injury

Hopefully a new coach and a clean out of the box can tend to some of the game plan issues

I'm not sure what we do about our bottom end talent and holes in the list though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were too classy, found out against a team with quality in all positions with a clearly defined game plan.

At least our young players didn't look overawed and we hung in until the end.

Be nice to have anew coach take over the young group. Which reminds me, weren't the 7 commentators in full Save Hinkley mode?
Think it will take more than clearing out Hinkley. I'd get rid of all of them but Hinkley, Cornes & Hartlett particularly.

Was it just me live but did Sydney get away with a lot of pushes?

Also Papelys snap goal after siren wasn’t that play on? Therefore non shot?

Well done on a great season Port, I was sh*ting myself going into this game tonight. I'm sure you're bitterly disappointed for the moment but I think it's important to remember how lucky we were to face you with quite a few of your best 23 not out there tonight and us having the sheer fortune of a healthy list at the pointy end of the season. You'll be up there amongst it again next year, I am certain.
I doubt we will make the 8 if we continue with our current coaching set up. Good effort by the Swans but we are sick of hearing this sentimentality from opposition supporters whose teams regularly make GFs. It's actually sickening.

Out:
Hinkley
Koch
Davies

Mcentee
Dixon
Boak
F Evans
Marshall (🧠)

Take the (c) off Rozee and give it to anyone else.

Put games into Scully and Lord, they cant do worse than what we put out there now.
Almost agree with all that except Lord. Just don't think he has a clue about the game & minimally skilled.

Turnovers werent his fault, but the plan to guard grass, play from behind and bomb it to Dixon was Hinkleyball to a tee.
I'm also blaming him partially for the diabolical turnovers. Weak mentality taught by the head coach over many years. He may not be calling the game day changes this year but his loser mentality has infiltrated the entire club.

Forgive the board intrusion, but you beat a rapidly-becoming-bigger-than-their-boots Hawthorn in a final. I love you guys!:smilev1:

Yep, commiserations but you've got my respect for that too. One of the most enjoyable moments of this season

...but on the other hand, we let Carlton into the finals series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back