2nds Swans Reserves 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
As per usual here is the thread for all things Reserves Related for 2016

No doubt we'll be kept up to date by the master of all things NEAFL grimlock as to how the young ones are coming along. But I know there are other posters here who also keep a close eye on the Reserves, so exciting year ahead

For further info

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/swansreserves

Twitter
https://twitter.com/swansreserves

Very hot and muggy morning. Tom Wills Oval is an awful place to watch as there is no elevation

I see Robinson and Hiscox warming up. I assume BJ is also here.

Updating on Twitter @swansreserves

BJ confirmed playing and had quite a bit of it. O'Riordan looks to have nice kicking skills and Galloway working in tandem with Derickx in the ruck and up forward. Marsh playing midfield from what I can tell

Haven't seen Abe Davis though

Better effort that quarter but giants still won it 26-13

Jack battling hard in the midfield and kicked a nice solo goal while Dawson started forward but switched back and provided a long option out of defence.

3Q @swansreserves 4.3 (27) WSU giants 12.14 (86) goals: Jack 2 Derickx WSU: #53 3 Patton 2 Pickett Kennedy Barrett Flynn Lloyd Reid #48

Full time @swansreserves 5.4 34 Giants 13.21 99 goals: Jack 2 Hiscox Derickx Chichester

WSU goals: #53 3 Patton 2 Kennedy 2 Pickett Barrett Flynn Lloyd Reid #48

Highlight for the swans was Jordan Dawson playing the spare man in defence and launching attacks with his raking long left kicks

Full time @swansreserves 5.4 34 Giants 13.21 99 goals: Jack 2 Hiscox Derickx Chichester

WSU goals: #53 3 Patton 2 Kennedy 2 Pickett Barrett Flynn Lloyd Reid #48

Highlight for the swans was Jordan Dawson playing the spare man in defence and launching attacks with his raking long left kicks

Thanks for the updates.

On a side note I hate how UWS spent $20 million to rebrand themselves to WSU instead of spending $20 million on what is desperately needed which is parking. Trying to get to a WSU campus and actually finding a parking spot is a nigthmare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the updates.

On a side note I hate how UWS spent $20 million to rebrand themselves to WSU instead of spending $20 million on what is desperately needed which is parking. Trying to get to a WSU campus and actually finding a parking spot is a nigthmare.

At Werrington South there are too many parking spots!! At least 50-60 spare in one parking area each day!

At Werrington South there are too many parking spots!! At least 50-60 spare in one parking area each day!

I used to go to Kingswood and that was fine. I went to Parramatta for a summer unit a few years ago and the parking was woeful but nothing compares to Bankstown campus when it comes to parking. It is truly awful and it gets so backlogged that the road running next to the university grinds to a stand still in the mornings as no one can get into the carpark as it is full.

(I did a few units at Werrington South like PDHPE and Understanding Society)

GWS, this is a team that has 19 players on it's list that are top 10 picks. That's nearly a whole team of top ten picks!

No wonder their ressies are so good. So powerful and deep is their list that they will continue to lose good players who are fed up with playing NEAFL. Worryingly though is that they keep getting high draft picks in return thereby perpetuating the largesse of the VFL set up concessions.

The other teams with top ten picks are Gold Coast, Melbourne and Carlton 10, Essendon 9, Geelong, Wretchmond and Port 8. So GWS have twice as many top ten players than any other side!

Looking forward to the ressie reports on the progress of exciting types like Dawson and O'Riordan who I both hope make debuts this year, albeit O'Riordan coming from a long way back.

O'Riordan's kicking is already better than 50% of our list. Just needs to learn where to run to and how to win his own ball

Would he be a chance this year? Or do you reckon he needs at least a season playing footy to make judgement?

Hard to say after watching him in only one game, and one where the team was under the pump for three quarters. He came into my attention early when he marked at HF and hit a teammate on the lead. If I didn't know his background before hand I wouldn't conclude that he had just started learning the game

Later on he made a few mistakes noticeably kicking across the ground in our defensive half to a contested situation. The kick itself was fine, just the decision to go there was wrong.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2016-03-17/swans-granted-permission-to-play

Five Swans have been granted special permission to line up in Saturday’s NEAFL practice match against Sydney University.

George Hewett, Zak Jones, Toby Nankervis, Nic Newman and James Rose have all been approved to play this weekend after interrupted pre-seasons.

Saturday’s clash with Sydney Uni will kick off at 10.30am at Blacktown International Sports Park.

The Swans AFL side next face Collingwood in their season opener at the SCG on Saturday, March 26.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Swans Reserves 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back