2nds Swans Reserves 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

It does. I think we have a couple of spare spots on the senior list at the moment. Whether we can afford to fill all spaces on the senior list will remain to be seen.

We always go into the season minimum senior list size and stock up on rookies. Better for the salary cap. I cant see us ever changing from this approach. (while the rookie list is still alive)

how'd james bell play? From my local area
Excellent! Could find the ball, reads the play well, skills on both sides look okay, just a few rash decisions but understandable given his age. A lot to like.

NEAFL Grand Final to be played at BISP with the first bounce at 1.30pm...so stupid to not have this as a double header. Could have easily been played at Spotless or ANZ with a 12pm start.

Just to be clear, it is SUNDAY @ 1:30pm. From a selfish point of view, I'm quite happy about it, makes it easier to organise the masses for Saturday without worrying about the ressies GF.

Agree, a curtain raiser would have been great...

Just to be clear, it is SUNDAY @ 1:30pm. From a selfish point of view, I'm quite happy about it, makes it easier to organise the masses for Saturday without worrying about the ressies GF.

Agree, a curtain raiser would have been great...

Yeh sorry probably should have mentioned that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nankervis seemed a bit of a butcher when I was watching, is that common for him?
He shanked one set shot pretty badly, and was made to look worse by the wind, but other than that I thought he was pretty good with his kicking.

He shanked one set shot pretty badly, and was made to look worse by the wind, but other than that I thought he was pretty good with his kicking.
Right, right. It seemed like he was dominant in the forward line with his height, so i guess i was disappointed by his scoreboard impact

Hmm, I hate these types of comparisons, but maybe a little like Michael Walters?

He looks like he is going to be a bit taller than Walters.

I was thinking he could develop into a Luke Bruest type, but that's an opinion based on watching him live in one single game of football.

As you know Grim, his family was sitting behind us on Saturday and were very enthusiastic. The last time I had the pleasure of sitting in close proximity to an equally enthusiastic players family when their baby was making their debut as a 16yo was Isaac Heeney's family. His Mum was as vocal and supportive as any parent I've seen.

Hope that's an omen...

I didn't watch the whole game but Nankervis was a presence up forward but I saw him miss a few he should have kicked. I am not talking about shanks, just Kicks I would want him to make. I was only watching on youtube though so I didn't have any indication of the wind/conditions that might have made it a little bit tougher.

I watched the full game. Nankervis was absolutely dominant and took a number of strong grabs in the fd50. Bell looks like a keeper when his draft year comes up. Jones didn't play in the first quarter (I think) but certainly livened things up when he came on with his aggression at the player and ball. Have to admit I was a little worried about the physical safety of the Aspley players on a few occasions when Jones charged in to tackle them. A sneaky chance of playing in a final I think. Laidler was very good.

Jack Steele injured at training yesterday and out for the year...big blow for the Giants NEAFL team on Sunday.
I generally make it a policy not to celebrate injuries, but I'm quietly fist pumping. That's basically their most dangerous mid gone

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Swans Reserves 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back