News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

Port imo
Gc IMO
Dogs IMO

there are IMO so overrated on a few but just my opinion , Blakey for one but only very young obviously

Port I would not argue with. GC No and the Dogs list status is at a different level to ours i would say in games played. No argument with me in some of our blokes being a bit to highly rated though in what they have delivered thus far. If we are being fair dinkum in that regard and reputation and potential are at the forefront have Heeney and Mills been what we were led to believe they would be ? I am pretty good mates with one of the academy coaches both of those blokes played under having played alot of footy with him and grown up with him and his opinion of them was far greater than their output thus far.

Name 20 ruckmen better than Nankervis.

Sure

As you can see, Nankervis was 23rd in the league for average hitouts in 2020, in fact he isn't even the best ruckman at Richmond at the moment and he was barely better than Tim English, a player who isn't exactly known for dominating hitouts.

Who are the sides that have better young players than we do ? Or should I say perspective young players ?

I don't think it's as easy as just judging all young players the same. Some are young players in very good, experienced teams. Others are young players in very young developing teams, like ours. More fitting to compare ours against other developing teams, like North Melbourne, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Hawthorn, Carlton and Fremantle, than to compare them to the youngsters in finalists like Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs or Brisbane. Remember how good our youngsters looked when we were a contender like Port currently are?

I'd say the only side that are doing better than us in that group are Gold Coast, and that's by sheer volume of top talent they've been given access to. I would say Freo but I think there's is basically just those three mids (Brayshaw, Cerra and Serong) with not much else.

Sure

As you can see, Nankervis was 23rd in the league for average hitouts in 2020, in fact he isn't even the best ruckman at Richmond at the moment and he was barely better than Tim English, a player who isn't exactly known for dominating hitouts.
Nankervis was lucky to get a game at the end of last year. Soldo was preferred ruck until he did his ACL.

2016 was a perfect storm of shitastrophes. Underdone players (Mills, Tippett, McVeigh), blokes going down during the game (Buddy, Hanners), 2014 underperformers underperforming again (Rohan, Parker, McGlynn), the Bulldogs being our kryptonite (like GWS were that year), and the fact we were up against 25 all day.

Any one of those go differently, and I think given how close the game was, we would’ve won.
Out of 20, 000 posts you have hit the nail on the head

Sure

You took the lazy option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2016 was a perfect storm of shitastrophes. Underdone players (Mills, Tippett, McVeigh), blokes going down during the game (Buddy, Hanners), 2014 underperformers underperforming again (Rohan, Parker, McGlynn), the Bulldogs being our kryptonite (like GWS were that year), and the fact we were up against 25 all day.

Any one of those go differently, and I think given how close the game was, we would’ve won.
Thanks. Now I am depressed again

11MAR21: Swans talk/The Roar
Doesn’t tell us anything new but this is a pretty accurate ranking of the blokes we need big years from

Doesn’t tell us anything new but this is a pretty accurate ranking of the blokes we need big years from

No Isaac Heeney? I suspect that is a major oversight. I'm hoping Isaac can put his injuries behind him and have a consistent year.
Just realised the criteria was 5 games in 2020. Don't think Isaac got there.

No Isaac Heeney? I suspect that is a major oversight. I'm hoping Isaac can put his injuries behind him and have a consistent year.

I think their criteria was that they played 5 games or something last year to improve upon. Heeney played 6.5 games last year, so you can see how they might've accidentally forgot about him.

11MAR21: Best 22 & Paddy McCartin/AFL Website& The Age
Best 22

Poor Paddy must be bloody sick of talking about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back