News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

08MAR21: Paddy McCartin Interview/SEN podcast

They've got Paddy training down back. Welcome to the Swans.

They've got Paddy training down back. Welcome to the Swans.

He quite clearly stated that it was just to get a perspective of the game and he expects to play forward.

I can’t wait to see him in the seniors if he gets there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David King was pretty glowing with the Swans youngsters today on SEN. He brought us up several times and seemed to believe we have the best young crop in the league.

He got the 10 goal margin right in the 2014 GF just the wrong team..

Not sure we have the best young crop in the league you could make that claim for a few other sides to.

David King was pretty glowing with the Swans youngsters today on SEN. He brought us up several times and seemed to believe we have the best young crop in the league.
Which show was it on Run? i'll see if they've got a soundbite.

On Whateley's show. I think he mentions the Swans both halfway through the segment and towards the end as well.
Have listened up tp 10 mins. so far, just talking about rule changes, speed of ball movement

Yes it happens after that. They begin talking about young players around halfway in.
27 mins in, King says "Logan McDonald is going to be a super star - 3 contested marks in his first 3 opportunities, ... young man who could control forward 50m. Longmire was rapted".

During the Giants game King and Brereton were comparing the respective lists. They agreed GWS would finish higher this year but King said Swans were closer to premiership.

In the half time analysis Jordan Lewis said the Swans were favourite or near-favourite team to watch now. Loving our run and gun.

ON different now: Garry Lyon on SEN this morning wondering why we gave away Aliir and why was Port the only club to bid on him. He seemed to have missed a lot. I think Beatson or Gardiner set out pretty clearly somewhere the points we needed to get Hickey and guarantee we could pick up Campbell and GUlden.

During the Giants game King and Brereton were comparing the respective lists. They agreed GWS would finish higher this year but King said Swans were closer to premiership.

In the half time analysis Jordan Lewis said the Swans were favourite or near-favourite team to watch now. Loving our run and gun.

ON different now: Garry Lyon on SEN this morning wondering why we gave away Aliir and why was Port the only club to bid on him. He seemed to have missed a lot. I think Beatson or Gardiner set out pretty clearly somewhere the points we needed to get Hickey and guarantee we could pick up Campbell and GUlden.
I've posted the SEN article on Aliir into the former player thread if anyone is looking for a link.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nankervis is not a good ruckman (probably not in the top 20 in the AFL) and from memory someone said on here that he never wanted to be in Sydney and was looking for a way out the moment we drafted him.
In your opinion ! If he was picked in 16 , we win ,regardless of the cheats and he stays !

Nankervis is not a good ruckman (probably not in the top 20 in the AFL) and from memory someone said on here that he never wanted to be in Sydney and was looking for a way out the moment we drafted him.
Name 20 ruckmen better than Nankervis.

He would of rag dolled Boyd , instead we had a soft Tippett
Yeah, nah. It wasn't lost in the ruck. It was the Bulldogs manic attack on the ball and their run and spread that killed us. It was also their "elite handballing" which I will go to my grave believing was straight up throwing.

2016 was a perfect storm of shitastrophes. Underdone players (Mills, Tippett, McVeigh), blokes going down during the game (Buddy, Hanners), 2014 underperformers underperforming again (Rohan, Parker, McGlynn), the Bulldogs being our kryptonite (like GWS were that year), and the fact we were up against 25 all day.

Any one of those go differently, and I think given how close the game was, we would’ve won.

Well said JPK (hmm but you did not pick us for the finals?)

Sydney skipper Josh Kennedy has a blunt message to the 17 rival captains who delivered the Swans a finals snub: “We’ll show them”.

I’d have thought in 2003, 2004 we weren’t tipped to make the finals, the same in 2010, 2011.”

For the record, the Swans were tipped by some captains, albeit support was minimal in 2003 and 2009 after missing the finals the previous years, but Kennedy’s sentiment that his club is perennially underestimated holds some truth.

“I look at it as another big challenge and another point to prove on our behalf,” Kennedy said. “What the outside world predicts for us is one thing. If we continue to improve and do the things we know stand true, that stuff will take care of itself.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back