News Swans Talk in the Media: 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcement: Swans YouTube Channel
So thanks to the awesome Kennedy Parker you will notice a sticky post at the top of the pages now. This link will take you directly to the Swans YouTube channel which features interviews etc.

The amount of callers to SEN in the last couple of weeks praising our real jumper is amazing and most are not us . Andy Maher and even Bob Murphy have said it's the best and then Dermie backed them up , then Andy said the line in the song 'shake down the thunder from the sky' is the best , Dermie said Yellow and Black.

We can't make it our main guernsey though as a NRL team has practically the same design. I understand why Melbourne based Swans fans probably scoff but it is an important factor in Sydney.

We can't make it our main guernsey though as a NRL team has practically the same design. I understand why Melbourne based Swans fans probably scoff but it is an important factor in Sydney.
I agree (as a Melbourne girl born and bred)

The amount of callers to SEN in the last couple of weeks praising our real jumper is amazing and most are not us . Andy Maher and even Bob Murphy have said it's the best and then Dermie backed them up , then Andy said the line in the song 'shake down the thunder from the sky' is the best , Dermie said Yellow and Black.
I’ve always preferred the predominantly white jumper either with the red V or with the red yoke design with red side panels. It just looks better imo and makes the red stand out more.

I know it is corny but seeing the lads play in the old jumper just thrills me to the core.
I agree, but red is a successful colour hence I'd prefer the 2 jumpers - mostly red in Sydney, mostly white in Victoria.

Don't forget the SydneySwans posted on 7 4 Jul 2021
one club two states.jpg

Hill and Barton Euro 2004 soccer tournament - Those teams tended to perform better when wearing red as opposed to their other colours, they claim.

Among the top 70 teams in English men’s football from 1947 to 2002, teams wearing red tended to win matches more often than teams wearing other colours
at the 2004 Olympics, wearing red meant you were more likely to win in tae-kwondo, freestyle wrestling, men’s Greco-Roman wrestling and men’s boxing

Last edited:
Even though I'm Sydney-based I love the South Melbourne link in our heritage. We all cheer for the Swans but you can tell the old school when they cheer on South. Love it.

You can really tell how invested Longmire is in this group.

I remember watching "Making their Mark" and thinking gee I wish they followed the Swan's 2020 season instead of GWS's

great having the coverage of Longmire in the rooms introducing the incoming players, and the excitement within the group - Hayward hugging Stephenson :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

another version
Brownlow medallist Gerard Healy added: “It’s the most emotional and emotive that I’ve seen (assistant coach) Don Pyke as well. Quite clearly they’re on a bit of a journey, who knows where it’s going to finish.”

Given the last 3 wins, who here hasn't had that exact same thought?

Good time to be a Swans fan. :)

Last edited:
20JUL21: Swans final 4/AFL Website
"Wins over West Coast, Western Bulldogs and Greater Western Sydney in the past three weeks has catapulted the Swans to sixth place and just one win outside the coveted double chance."

Catapaulted into 6th place from .... 6th place.

The most sixthest team ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back