News Swans Talk in the Media 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is less predictability about the Swans' forward line without Franklin, even though they have played without him on numerous occasions.
Ladhams
"That was a bit disappointing and unnecessary. He's got to continue to learn. We need him, he's coming back from a bad ankle injury and we need him back playing," Longmire said.
HIA
Longmire feels a sub should be allowed to come on while a player is being assessed for concussion but then placed back in the sub's vest if the individual is fit to continue.

Or if a player is subbed out, he feels they should be allowed to return if a concussion occurs afterwards, which was the case on Saturday night when Jake Lloyd left the field after Logan McDonald had been removed from the game.
Stephens
Longmire admitted that fellow top five draft pick Dylan Stephens is likely to replace Campbell in the side after his nine-possession display as a late sub in the stirring win over the Giants.

Watching on the couch now. They've spent 10 minutes on Daicos, 10 minutes on Collingwood, 10 on Essendon, 10 on Carlton. Started fast forwarding through to see if I could pinpoint the 32 seconds they'll dedicate to Sydney but couldn't find it so I'm giving up. I'm sure there's some ripping insights though.

Edit: Okay went back and found it. 21 minutes in if anyone cares
Don't know why everyone is surprised that the Victorian media shows, compared by Victorian people (other than dickhead Brown) are going to talk about Sydney teams in lieu of their love children. The only time we are ever likely to get any consideration is if and when we are in the top 4.
The only time we previously had a chance of being spoken about was when Gerard Healy was host of On the Couch.

Last edited:
Don't know why everyone is surprised that the Victorian media shows, compared by Victorian people (other than dickhead Brown) are going to talk about Sydney teams in lieu of their love children. The only time we are ever likely to get any consideration is if and when we are in the top 4.
The only time we previously had a chance of being spoken about was when Gerard Healy was host of On the Couch.
Dickhead Brown ! If you mean Jonno Brown your wrong

RJ! On the Backchat podcast

Can't believe I watched all of that. You can't not like Hickey's unassuming style. As a player, a classic moneyball trade by Sydney, taking an average ruckman and getting him to perform at his best for us. I'd love to see a video of his comical first goal for Gold Coast.

Lots of great yarns. I like the one about Horse insisting he put Jetta on the wing in his all-time team.

Interesting when asked who from his previous clubs would he bring into his current side. He answers Tom Barass, and then he followed up with "We tried". Maybe reading too much in to it, but kind of sounds like Barass has declined 🤷‍♂️
That's not surprising - it currently leaves our first round pick still with us then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

09AUG23: Swans Daily Media Thread
Barras not going anywhere

Selection talk for Suns & Swans

Buddy's send off up to him.

Best teams on the road

Dickhead Brown ! If you mean Jonno Brown your wrong
Each to their own. I think Brown has been one of Fox's worst inclusions over the past number of years. He's not happy unless he's arguing with someone and his opinion is the only one that matters.
But, then again, they seem to love him. Obviously, I don't.

Barras not going anywhere

Selection talk for Suns & Swans

Buddy's send off up to him.

Best teams on the road
Just goes to prove that most of these journalists who earn their living being "experts" on footy no diddly squat about it. The third article "In the mix Rd22" suggests that Braeden Campbell, Ryan Clark and Robbie Fox's spots are under scrutiny. At the time of writing the article, Campbell had already been suspended. Clark did his usual spot of minimising the influence one of the opposing best mids and Robbie Fox completely shut down Toby Greene. Clark and Fox will be going nowhere. Most of these dills look at one thing and one thing only - STATS. If a player had less than 10 possessions he obviously played very poorly. I'm sure they don't even watch the match that they are passing judgement on.

O Sullivan it is 🤞
O'Sullivan or Sanders would be great pick ups but I'm concerned that they will both be gone by our pick.
Looking at a best case scenario (from a draft perspective) in that we lose 2 of our remaining games hence we finish 11th most likely. I'm assuming we will beat the Suns. That would be pick 8 in a perfect draft. However, North will likely get pick 3 due to the McKay trade. I'm sure the AFL will ensure that. Gold Coast will have two academy selections prior to our pick in Walter and Read thereby moving our pick to 11 at best. I feel both of these players will go in the top 10.
Purely from a draft perspective and being able to select the type of player we want to play with us for the next 10 years it would be better if we were to lose our remaining 3 matches. DON'T JUMP UP AND DOWN AT ME.
The other option we have is to trade picks 8 & 22 to the Suns (2396 points) for their pick 5 and 51 (2137 points). That pick 5 becomes pick 7-8 which would allow us to take either. Pick 28 that we currently have would be enough for the Cleary nomination which will probably be in the mid to late 20s. Picks 41 & 47 will then be used for whatever.

O'Sullivan or Sanders would be great pick ups but I'm concerned that they will both be gone by our pick.
Looking at a best case scenario (from a draft perspective) in that we lose 2 of our remaining games hence we finish 11th most likely. I'm assuming we will beat the Suns. That would be pick 8 in a perfect draft. However, North will likely get pick 3 due to the McKay trade. I'm sure the AFL will ensure that. Gold Coast will have two academy selections prior to our pick in Walter and Read thereby moving our pick to 11 at best. I feel both of these players will go in the top 10.
Purely from a draft perspective and being able to select the type of player we want to play with us for the next 10 years it would be better if we were to lose our remaining 3 matches. DON'T JUMP UP AND DOWN AT ME.
The other option we have is to trade picks 8 & 22 to the Suns (2396 points) for their pick 5 and 51 (2137 points). That pick 5 becomes pick 7-8 which would allow us to take either. Pick 28 that we currently have would be enough for the Cleary nomination which will probably be in the mid to late 20s. Picks 41 & 47 will then be used for whatever.
The best case scenario (from a draft perspective) is that we have pick 18 & a flag in the cabinet.

Each to their own. I think Brown has been one of Fox's worst inclusions over the past number of years. He's not happy unless he's arguing with someone and his opinion is the only one that matters.
But, then again, they seem to love him. Obviously, I don't.

i haven't watched any of those fox footy shows this year ... but have i missed something on nick riewoldt? is he still on any of them? i thought he was one of the best, really like his analysis and he doesn't seem to engage in the brereton (or, worse, sam newman) ego-driven buffoonery ... but i can't recall seeing his head appear in trailers and promos anytime recently
he and matthew lloyd seem to be the best of the "recently" retired stars in terms of being impartial and not overdoing the bullsh1t factor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back