Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I've thought since 2022 that we are way, way better than the pies. 2023 was the luckiest run I've ever seen. When they beat us we had our entire backline out and we still stayed with them for the entire game. I think if we meet them in a Grand Final we'll absolutely obliterate them, home ground or not. We just match up well on them.
Media : Pies in second greatest comeback of their history
Reality : Pies scrape past AFL's weakest team by a point, and only thanks to a couple of glaring pieces of umpiring "luck" going their way.

Media : "You have to love this team that always finds a way to win"
Reality : Except when they lose

The Pies won the 2023 flag the same way the Dogs won the 2016 flag. A free ride.

Faicos, you cheeky little ducker. No "holding the ball" rule for you, eh?

4 and a half minutes of questions on Joel Amartey. When the media discover a new Swans player it's a bigger deal than the unsealing of Tutankhamun's tomb.

(History also made with Horse genuinely LOLing at the end. Not sure how to feel about it.)

Tutankhamun's out? When? How?

please don't turn this into the nrl where discussing a players contract 2 years in advance is the norm...
Apologies guys. I've been speculating alot about chads contract. I think you're right. Got caught up in the idea of not wanting to lose him. Which of course no one does. I won't post on it until at least this time next year. Cheers

19JUN24: Swans Daily Media

22:28 a bit of love for James Rowbottom and Sam Wicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brandon Jack i must say ive never rated him has done a dosier on how to stop our midfield , its on Code .
Maybe he should keep his thoughts to himself ! if i was the club id be filthy
This is extremely over the top, he watched the public broadcast and used his footy knowledge to explain some centre bounce structure stuff every opposition analyst and midfielder would be well aware of, but which the public generally doesn't know much about.

Okay, but what is this "post clearance" number they were talking about re Wicks?
Post-clearance contested possessions, a distinct subset of contested footy outside of stoppages. Clubs like to look at this to differentiate them from the total contested possession count which is dominated by stoppage scramble.

It basically means he's really good in the contests against other players after the ball gets out into the open. Great thing to get out of a small pressure forward.

"In life without Buddy, the Swans may have found a new Talisman. Though only gone a year, the swans have looked better without him, averaging over 100 points this season. Franklin, who came to the Harbour in 2014, scored over 486 goals with his highest tally being 10 goals. The new Talisman's name is Joel Amartey and he kicked 9.1"
We are a far better side now without Buddy (2022-23). We are completely unpredictable as to who will be the forward target and the mids now have the license to kick goals themselves rather than kicking it to Bud. The version of Buddy 2014 - 2020 is a totally different argument.

Last edited:
Don't know am at work so only skipping through stuff.

All good. Think that's the video from back in March, thought they might have put something new out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back