Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

We're still number one for points from turnover differential. Still killing it in a lot of stats.

I'd be curious to know what the shift but my expectation is we were scoring more from centre breaks and stoppages than we were in previous weeks

I think a reasonable argument though is how do we stack up in those stats over the last 8 weeks which is a decent sample size and more indicative of our current 'form'. I think we're dropping off in a lot of stats.

I think a reasonable argument though is how do we stack up in those stats over the last 8 weeks which is a decent sample size and more indicative of our current 'form'. I think we're dropping off in a lot of stats.
I agree.. better now than finals. Want to be totally up for finals and ready if we make the big day

I agree.. better now than finals. Want to be totally up for finals and ready if we make the big day

I wonder if we've adjusted our training loads and this is having an impact. I think the most important period will be August and how we stack up against the Lions, Dogs and Pies as well.

Our first 8 weeks include the poor performance against the Tigers and the Eagles. Our last 8 weeks are all against finals contenders.

Our first 8 weeks include the poor performance against the Tigers and the Eagles. Our last 8 weeks are all against finals contenders.

I don't think in the fullness of time that performance against the Eagles actually looks particularly poor. Tigers too had Lynch etc. playing who are now missing, so I don't think that performance should be viewed too harshly.

In our last 8 weeks we've played Adelaide, the Giants twice, the Dogs and Geelong, and I'd wager at least 2 of those teams won't make finals. I also wouldn't even go so far as to call the Crows 'contenders' for Finals.

I take your point that there's context to where we statistically fall in the order of things, but you need to perform against the best in Finals, so still relevant.

I wonder if we've adjusted our training loads and this is having an impact. I think the most important period will be August and how we stack up against the Lions, Dogs and Pies as well.
I'm not a big believer in the heavy training load block thing. Always sounded like excuses supporters made up to make themselves feel better about their teams poor form in the lead up to finals, but if we were going to have a period where we did something like this you'd think it would be right now.

On the weekend some of our players really did lack in the 2 way running we've excelled at most of the year so it could be a thing I guess.

I'm not a big believer in the heavy training load block thing. Always sounded like excuses supporters made up to make themselves feel better about their teams poor form in the lead up to finals, but if we were going to have a period where we did something like this you'd think it would be right now.

On the weekend some of our players really did lack in the 2 way running we've excelled at most of the year so it could be a thing I guess.
Yeah maybe ..................................but the last bit of the third & our last quarter we finished the game full of run.
I think it's more likely that the water bottles used in the first half were filled with bath water saved from previous weeks.

After quite a few weeks of media appearances by many Swans players & coaches of late, it's gone completely quiet.

Time to knuckle down & know our place in the competition.

Under the radar.

Why? I like hearing from players & coaches, they give good insights to fans & the wider afl audience on most occasions. We've won 10 straight with the players & coaches interacting with the media.

Why? I like hearing from players & coaches, they give good insights to fans & the wider afl audience on most occasions. We've won 10 straight with the players & coaches interacting with the media.
I'm just being superstitious.

I like it when we are going along quietly.

Yes good to hear from them though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should make as much noise as possible to reduce the season :sweatsmile:
Given the AFL is happy to change things on the fly, how about we ask for the H&A season to finish up now. Home QF against the Bombers. Let Pies, Lions and bogey side Port duke it out in the Elims.

We should make as much noise as possible to reduce the season :sweatsmile:

Just quietly this is actually a disadvantage of having our second bye so early, so it seems like it would have been in everyone's best interest for us to have one of the later Byes.

Just quietly this is actually a disadvantage of having our second bye so early, so it seems like it would have been in everyone's best interest for us to have one of the later Byes.
oh no.. that late bye was reserved for .... wait for it.... Collingwood
so, 7 of 8 of the remaining H&A games at the MCG coming off a late season bye.. The AFL are manipulating this competition to the point its become a circus.

correction.. 7 of 9. They just played and lost to the Suns

1 loss isn't the end of the world, but how we are playing this time of year is not what we want to build towards , wins or otherwise. Have to keep evolving as the year goes, fix slow starts , improve other metrics.

Did you know we're 0-2 in games decided by under 2 goals. We need to fix that stat before the finals! It's a definate worry and once again proof Collingwood are gods.

Fair bit of talk about stats.

The most important stat is in the “W” column and we are 2 clear of Carlton and 4 clear of the next bunch.

And re the last 8 games, we’re 7 & 1 (with the one “L” being a 1-pointer on the weekend)… Carlton & Hawks are next best with 6 & 2.
That's far too simplistic. It's not the most important if underlying stats are suggesting a concerning trend and we drop off come finals. Then the people just high fiving because of regular season wins will be shocked and angry at our sudden loss of form and the rest of us will be pointing to.. The stats.

Do you think the coaches give them the week off after a win because there's nothing to improve?

That's far too simplistic. It's not the most important if underlying stats are suggesting a concerning trend and we drop off come finals. Then the people just high fiving because of regular season wins will be shocked and angry at our sudden loss of form and the rest of us will be pointing to.. The stats.

Do you think the coaches give them the week off after a win because there's nothing to improve?
To be fair it is a simple game. You can cut the numbers anyway you want but there is no one method to winning.

We are below the competition average in disposal efficiency, contested marks and handballs. Yes we could improve but it doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

Longmire after every game talks about areas to improve so your last line seems mute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back