Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

04JUL24: Swans Daily Media New
Our 'burning question..' something something slow starts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Freo game there were a couple of women wearing hijabs in the crowd.
Could have been mother and daughter (40ish/20ish) and all decked out in Swans colours.

There is definitely a market for non Anglo supporters to be 'exploited'.

The initiative in the video is a terrific idea and even better if the parents can get involved as well, to bring their kids to the games on a regular basis. :thumbsu:

Watching the Freo game there were a couple of women wearing hijabs in the crowd.
Could have been mother and daughter (40ish/20ish) and all decked out in Swans colours.

There is definitely a market for non Anglo supporters to be 'exploited'.

The initiative in the video is a terrific idea and even better if the parents can get involved as well, to bring their kids to the games on a regular basis. :thumbsu:
There is a definite strategy to get kids involved, whether as players or supporters, and their families will follow. It's very smart. Alongside maintaining/increasing our interstate (😆) supporter base. The more diverse the better. That's our country.

sydney.jpg

IF ...​

the round 16 loss to the Dockers was unexpected ...

THEN ...​

at 13-2 the Swans are still travelling sensationally. Two losses only, by a combined six points. It's difficult to maintain peak energy every weekend.

Finally some sense from DB which is rather unusual. I hope he is safe and well.

I like the concept, and it would be interesting from a fan's perspective, but there are a couple of issues with it.

Firstly, teams have different list priorities so will target specific players and hence would rate them higher.

Second, if I were a recruiter I wouldn't invest any time into the list. I'd also be concerned about the info being hacked or leaked, and I wouldn't want to divulge any intellectual property.

Also, if my first pick was pick 18. I wouldn't care which players went 1-10 and in which order they fell. I'd be looking at players that will potentially fall around that pick and select the best possible.

So i think the concept is flawed and unlikely to see the light of day. That's why Twomey has a gig, to help the fans wade through all the info. It would be interesting if it ever were to eventuate.
If I was the recruiter and my first pick was at 18, I would list them as no.1 so that it makes me look very astute.

There is absolutely no way clubs will want to give away this kind of information.

First rule of negotiation: understate your level of interest.

If a club is seeking to trade in a young player from another club, the last thing they’ll want is a “list” out there, showing how highly they rated that player.

Furthermore, clubs won’t want their players knowing they were a “last resort” selection because all the club’s preferred picks were already gone. Not good for morale.

It’s a nice idea in theory, but the clubs won’t support it.
I'm assuming it would be anonymous.

sydney.jpg

IF ...​

THEN ...​

at 13-2 the Swans are still travelling sensationally. Two losses only, by a combined six points. It's difficult to maintain peak energy every weekend.

He's been kidnapped and held behind a typewriter in a pub in Philadelphia

sydney.jpg

IF ...​

THEN ...​

Yeah, that's actually a sensible comment. No one should be throwing their bathwater out at our loss by a point on the siren.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back