Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I have just watched the replay. Taylor & Brayshaw couldn't get our players names right all night. Guden was McInerney, Roberts was Campbell, McInerney was Gulden, they couldn't even remember who Melican was so didn't actually say his name. Harry was Ollie at one stage. Are these guys too old to see the action? I am old but could tell players from both sides. But these two eff up regularly & still get a gig. I mean, surely there are standards you have to maintain to keep your job? If not then we should all start applying for commentator jobs are 7 & FOX.
I think the worst one was when BT called Campbell ‘Thompson’ - there wasn’t a Thompson on the field for either team.. how the bloke still has a job is beyond me

Thankfully I suspect the Swans understand the media market a little better than you!
Shouldn't matter. They're the Swans media team, not Isaac Heeney/Chad Warner/Nick Blakey/Errol Gulden's media team. The external media do a good enough job propping up only the same four or five players, so when we complain that we always have so many underrated players... well, the call is coming from inside the house!

I have just watched the replay. Taylor & Brayshaw couldn't get our players names right all night. Guden was McInerney, Roberts was Campbell, McInerney was Gulden, they couldn't even remember who Melican was so didn't actually say his name. Harry was Ollie at one stage. Are these guys too old to see the action? I am old but could tell players from both sides. But these two eff up regularly & still get a gig. I mean, surely there are standards you have to maintain to keep your job? If not then we should all start applying for commentator jobs are 7 & FOX.
McInerney was Macintyre in the 1st qtr. TWICE!

Shouldn't matter. They're the Swans media team, not Isaac Heeney/Chad Warner/Nick Blakey/Errol Gulden's media team. The external media do a good enough job propping up only the same four or five players, so when we complain that we always have so many underrated players... well, the call is coming from inside the house!
I suspect you are being deliberately obtuse, but their job is to get media interest in the Swans. They know what gets clicks and sells papers, and it’s not James Jordon, Jake Lloyd, Hayden McLean. I mean, I would click those links, but ‘people who post on BigFooty’ is a market they’ve got well and truly sewn up!

I suspect you are being deliberately obtuse, but their job is to get media interest in the Swans. They know what gets clicks and sells papers, and it’s not James Jordon, Jake Lloyd, Hayden McLean. I mean, I would click those links, but ‘people who post on BigFooty’ is a market they’ve got well and truly sewn up!
A very tiny portion of viewers/readers outside of Swans fans will be watching a 5+ minute press conference with a player or reading the ensuing puff piece that transcribes it. It's for Swans fans, so they should give us some credit and consider that we care about more than just the same five players.

A very tiny portion of viewers/readers outside of Swans fans will be watching a 5+ minute press conference with a player or reading the ensuing puff piece that transcribes it. It's for Swans fans, so they should give us some credit and consider that we care about more than just the same five players.
A very tiny portion of Sydney is still much bigger than you realise. Its Grandfinal week so that 'very tiny' portion has just significantly grown! Plenty of Sydney fans of soccer, Rugby league and Rugby union will be tuning in and to familiarise them with some stars that may well play a staring role in the Granny is an opportunity to convert more to the Swans bandwagon.
The Swans - players, coaches, staff and media have done a fantastic job this year..
Record crowd numbers at the SCG
Record Member numbers
and Im going to assume a Record fan base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just noticed there is a show coming up after the AFLW game called 'Getting a round in' and the guest is Errol Gulden.

I assume it is Errol playing a round of golf with Paul Gow.

“I had faith,” he said. “There was still a lot of time left in the season. I’ve got an immense belief in myself and I knew I was going to give it a crack and hopefully keep knocking on the door.
“I’m proud of myself to go through that journey this year. I’ve probably done a lot of self-growth and work on myself and I feel like I’m really primed for this moment, primed for this time of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back