Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

A very tiny portion of viewers/readers outside of Swans fans will be watching a 5+ minute press conference with a player or reading the ensuing puff piece that transcribes it. It's for Swans fans, so they should give us some credit and consider that we care about more than just the same five players.
Unfortunately we're talking 3rd tier journos.

I doubt they could name the Swans team - which I agree is not what we want but it is what it is.

Remember we’re talking about 20+ somethings - they're in it for the ‘access’, the CV and the ‘trip’.

They can barely spell, let alone construct an interview with thoughtful questions.

Remember, this is the breeding ground for the Tom Morris’s and Sam McLures of the industry.

We got 10 seconds in the Ch7 SA news tonight. They'd rather talk about surgery for a power backman. Not surprising the lack of coverage considering we knocked their last remaining SA club out of finals.
SA has always been the most provincial of the footy states. I’ve suffered the garbage they write for a few years.

I don’t inc. Qld, because of the rival code.

Well it should. If I'm in the minority for believing that then I'm happy to be.

9/10 players just regurgitate the same crap anyway, not sure why it matters. McLean's been up for pressers before, as has Amartey and other lesser lights and they don't offer anything particularly interesting. Post-GF would be a different story and we do get to hear from most players then.

9/10 players just regurgitate the same crap anyway, not sure why it matters. McLean's been up for pressers before, as has Amartey and other lesser lights and they don't offer anything particularly interesting. Post-GF would be a different story and we do get to hear from most players then.
It matters because we have a lot of players who don't get the exposure they deserve. The content of the pressers might be a nothingburger, but it's still an opportunity to give them some recognition. We have had some outstanding performers this finals series - Heeney aside, none more so than Lloyd & Cunningham. Yet we haven't heard a peep from them because we have given Isaac Heeney and Chad Warner about a combined hour of press time in the last three weeks. It's incredibly disappointing IMO.

It matters because we have a lot of players who don't get the exposure they deserve. The content of the pressers might be a nothingburger, but it's still an opportunity to give them some recognition. We have had some outstanding performers this finals series - Heeney aside, none more so than Lloyd & Cunningham. Yet we haven't heard a peep from them because we have given Isaac Heeney and Chad Warner about a combined hour of press time in the last three weeks. It's incredibly disappointing IMO.
I gotta be honest. Who cares?

The Vic football media is this weird conformist circlejerk .

Do you watch a swans player get interviewed and then get warm Fuzzy?

There was literally an article about Lloyd and Cunningham this past week. And like Donza said, who cares? You're acknowledging the content is pointless so who cares?

Sad fact of media life. These guys (add in McCartin, Roberts, Wilbur etc etc) all deserve recognition but the media concentrate on the short, snappy bite of the recognisables that they themselves have created. Even deeper analysts like the Mongrel Punt still only scratch the surface. I care like you but maybe I'm older and more cynical. It's what I expect.

Sad fact of media life. These guys (add in McCartin, Roberts, Wilbur etc etc) all deserve recognition but the media concentrate on the short, snappy bite of the recognisables that they themselves have created. Even deeper analysts like the Mongrel Punt still only scratch the surface. I care like you but maybe I'm older and more cynical. It's what I expect.
Yeah Hayward I'll grant, was on SEN a few weeks back and was hugely popular because he was the 1/10 who goes outside the box. But they haven't had him back on!

I agree, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. It's just my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKirdy story from training this morning in the DL.
He also tweeted that he picked 2 interstate clubs to play GF , his top 2 were of course GWS and Brisbane , had us 5th.
I know who he likes the best
Who cares who he likes the best? It's so good to finally be getting good reports from a local journalist who actually knows what he's talking about, I couldn't care less if he did his stories wearing a GWS guernsey!

So Eddie asks who would have thought we might one day have the Swans as AFL premiers and the Storm as NRL premiers? Well, I imagine anyone alive (and paying attention) in 2012 would think it’s really not that great of a deal.

Anyone would think the Lions didn’t achieve their three peat more than two decades ago. Or that this wasn’t the Swans’ 7th grand final this century.

Once again Isaac on front page of SMH
View attachment 2118937

Why not Fox on the front page 🤔

"We know that our best is the best". That's it, that's the story of the season. Our best is the best and if we bring it, we will win the flag.

23SEP24: Swans Daily Media New

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back