Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Could On the couch be anymore Brisbane Focused.

Bucks Browny and Lyon all tipped Brisbane

We are always the underdog and I love it
Brown and Buckley have Brisbane connections so not really surprised there. Lyon I'm disappointed in. Maybe everyone just felt burned from the swans when they tipped them in past Grand Finals.

Is it just me, or is the media really concentrating on how great the lions are and how they can exploit our weaknesses? Rather than focussing on the glaring weaknesses of Brisbane?

on the couch was all about brisbane, who sydney had to stop, and how (if they could), then they all tipped brisbane ... maybe i missed something ... but no surprise ...and good, make us the underdog ...

Could On the couch be anymore Brisbane Focused.

Bucks Browny and Lyon all tipped Brisbane

We are always the underdog and I love it
Part of me thinks its basically an in joke about their premiership window thing. Bucks kept going on about it on SEN.

on the couch was all about brisbane, who sydney had to stop, and how (if they could), then they all tipped brisbane ... maybe i missed something ... but no surprise ...and good, make us the underdog ...
I wouldn't worry. So called experts have jumped from GWS at the start of the year to Blues, Bombers, Freo, WB, Hawks, Geelong - virtually anyone else other than us, even whilst we were blitzing the competition. The season narrative has pretty much been "Swans are the best team I the competition BUT......"

We're still here, just one more game to win.

I wouldn't worry. So called experts have jumped from GWS at the start of the year to Blues, Bombers, Freo, WB, Hawks, Geelong - virtually anyone else other than us, even whilst we were blitzing the competition. The season narrative has pretty much been "Swans are the best team I the competition BUT......"

We're still here, just one more game to win.
This. We don't need their validation. We came for their flag.

An analysis of how the Swans and Lions built their lists.

They've answered the question for us of whether Mills will play. He seemingly no longer exists (not on our list, anyway).

As previously mentioned, below from on On the Couch and then Dimma & Fly putting their money on Lions.

1727133386425.png

Yep, no one on both shows tipping Swans. Why should they? What have we done this year? Minor prems - pffttt. A QF final for the ages and then a clinical destruction of opposition in a PF - so what!? 5 wins in a row with form lifting every game at the right time of season vs 4 wins in a row (2 being Blues & Bombers..hmm) - means nothing, its Brisbane's to lose! Please ignore taking it right up to them at their own home ground with Swan's heavy injuries towards the end, our powerful second half finishing form PLUS the extra legs we'll have after a lightly taxing 3 weeks ...and the list goes on....

I understand some loss of trust from last few GFs but surely they should be looking at this as it's own entity - ala our 2 Ports games in the last 8 weeks - it's a different ball game! Well, it isn't .. but you know what I'm getting at? :think:

Ahh, well - Underdogs forever - bring it on.
Hope our team's watching these shows just to fire them up (like they are for me!) and to prove all these F-ers wrong!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a friendly reminder that the media will not be adjudicating the outcome on Saturday. Take their opinions/tips/analysis with a grain of salt and don't let it get to you at all.

Too late for some!

I recently saw a post that someone put up on facebook which was a song and it showed in the video a number of supporters holding their "Go Bloods" banners. I've tried to find it again but it's disappeared.
Does anyone know the name of the song.

Just a friendly reminder that the media will not be adjudicating the outcome on Saturday. Take their opinions/tips/analysis with a grain of salt and don't let it get to you at all.

yeah, i don't give a toss what the media heads are saying or who they're tipping ... it's just a bit annoying that the swans are seemingly being undervalued, seems a bit illogical ... and not at all unexpected
and it's quite amusing that all the big questions are being asked of sydney, when they could just as easily be asked of brisbane
ah well ...

I think it's pretty common that if there's a slight underdog or come from behind story that the media and a lot of neutrals will cling to it.

I'm sure for many of them, their tips would be very different if there was a gun to their heads and they were asked who they thought would really win.

Easier said than done as they make themselves so unlikeable to Swans fans... :smirk:

How about they have more talk around no team finishing 5th place has ever won a flag in current top 8 system?
Or no team not finishing top 4 has won (except for the 2016 rort, but that shouldn't count).

As previously mentioned, below from on On the Couch and then Dimma & Fly putting their money on Lions.

View attachment 2120112

Yep, no one on both shows tipping Swans. Why should they? What have we done this year? Minor prems - pffttt. A QF final for the ages and then a clinical destruction of opposition in a PF - so what!? 5 wins in a row with form lifting every game at the right time of season vs 4 wins in a row (2 being Blues & Bombers..hmm) - means nothing, its Brisbane's to lose! Please ignore taking it right up to them at their own home ground with Swan's heavy injuries towards the end, our powerful second half finishing form PLUS the extra legs we'll have after a lightly taxing 3 weeks ...and the list goes on....

I understand some loss of trust from last few GFs but surely they should be looking at this as it's own entity - ala our 2 Ports games in the last 8 weeks - it's a different ball game! Well, it isn't .. but you know what I'm getting at? :think:

Ahh, well - Underdogs forever - bring it on.
Hope our team's watching these shows just to fire them up (like they are for me!) and to prove all these F-ers wrong!!
I think we should get the job done as we had unfortunate multiple in game injuries and were the better team when we lost to them by 2 points in late July. In terms of finishing games off strongly - well we've given nearly every team a head start at quarter time, meaning we should be able to match the Lions strong finish. That said we have unfortunately been soft in our last 3 grand finals pantsed by the Hawks after we finish MP in 2014, lost to a 25 player Doggies team in 2016 and thought the MCG was still under covid restrictions and didn't show up in 2022. I get why the media don't trust us but it is up to the team to put that to bed this weekend.

Except that this year Eddie has set up an “ask the audience” and “phone a friend” option for the umpires at each of the breaks so they can check in to see how they’re doing with the adjudications. And has pre-programmed the phone numbers for Jon Brown, Leigh Montagna and half a dozen other media “personalities”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back