Preview Sydney Swans vs Fremantle Dockers, Sunday 12:30pm @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta stop stringer in the clearances

He is becoming a clearance beast amd can slot from centre breaks

Next week anyway
Mills will be back, so George Hewett may be asked to play the tag role?

A little confused as to why this is on Sunday when it can easily be played on Saturday. Means next week has to be moved now. We've already had a 5 day break and after the Dogs issue, there's no way the AFLPA will tick off on a second 5 day break

A little confused as to why this is on Sunday when it can easily be played on Saturday. Means next week has to be moved now. We've already had a 5 day break and after the Dogs issue, there's no way the AFLPA will tick off on a second 5 day break
Maybe it has something to do with flight schedules? I assume Freo will fly overnight Saturday and back overnight Sunday. Awful if so. Alternatively it could have something to do with scheduling of the game in Adelaide on Saturday and flights there too.
Tricky stuff.

Who cares as long as we win

Hard surface. Plenty of injuries come as a result of playing there. Hipwood, Rayner & Budarick all did their ACLs this year playing on that ground. Could just be a coincidence but it's a very high trend

Didn't realise Rayner and Budaricks happened there too. The extra games won't have helped but Gold Coast had already been asking the afl to do something about it. clearly substandard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Gould will debut this week with Cunningham a confirmed out and the defence down a player?

He was on the sidelines last w/e when I assume most of the team were back in the hotel. Might be close.

I wonder if Gould will debut this week with Cunningham a confirmed out and the defence down a player?

He was on the sidelines last w/e when I assume most of the team were back in the hotel. Might be close.
Close to what?

Being AFL standard?

Close to what?

Being AFL standard?
Let me put it another way. I'll go out on a limb and tip Gould will debut this week.

Perfect storm. Cunningham out. COR also in quarantine. He was getting close before he was suspended in the VFL. Coaches want to get a look and see if he's up to standard before the end of the year and give him AFL exposure in case we need cavalry with injuries. #justahunch

Let me put it another way. I'll go out on a limb and tip Gould will debut this week.

Perfect storm. Cunningham out. COR also in quarantine. He was getting close before he was suspended in the VFL. Coaches want to get a look and see if he's up to standard before the end of the year and give him AFL exposure in case we need cavalry with injuries. #justahunch
I know Pyke, in late June, talked about him in terms of a possible senior debut, but on my viewing of the reserves I would have Gould closer to a delisting than a debut.

I just think he has been poor and constantly repeating the same mistakes, eg ball watching as his opponent waltzes into space or trailing his man to a contest or simply not making the contest.
He's also providing little in the way of run or rebound.
His game lacks footy nous or urgency.

I very rarely put the boot into players, but I've got to say I'm tightening my laces with regard to Gould.

Watch as he makes his debut this week and picks up coaches' votes.

I know Pyke, in late June, talked about him in terms of a possible senior debut, but on my viewing of the reserves I would have Gould closer to a delisting than a debut.

I just think he has been poor and constantly repeating the same mistakes, eg ball watching as his opponent waltzes into space or trailing his man to a contest or simply not making the contest.
He's also not providing little in the way of run or rebound.
His game lacks footy nous or urgency.

I very rarely put the boot into players, but I've got to say I'm tightening my laces with regard to Gould.

Watch as he makes his debut this week and picks up coaches' votes.
Watching him... he looks like a entitled footballer.
Just does his own thing...at Minimum effort ....

Not a fan.

Nat Fyfe had his own football last time, but he is now playing injured with that shoulder.

So too Rory Lobb, who marked everything last time, but he is struggling with ankle syndesmosis.

This one is at Metricon, that's a long road trip for the Dockers.

Swans by 20 points

Last edited:
I expect an unchanged team from last week's last-minute changes - Stephens, Ronke and Rowbottom.

Bell keeps his place.

Longmire said in today's press conference said Reid and Campbell need another reserves game, but unsure if a game could be organised.
Did Longmire say Melican and The Chad ready to play reserves this week?

Callum Mills, Harry Cunningham, Colin O'Riordan and Callum Sinclair are unavailable for another week after being forced to isolate due to being COVID-19 close contacts. James Rowbottom and Dylan Stephens should hold their spots after being late inclusions for the Sydney Derby and contributing to the victory. James Bell was quiet in that match and finished with only five disposals. Sam Reid and Braeden Campbell took part in the reserves scratch match last week as part of their return from injury but are expected to have another hitout at the lower level before being considered for senior selection.

R18 medical sub: Ben Ronke (unused)

Verdict: Unchanged as the Swans try to settle their team after the chaos in the lead-up to the Sydney Derby. - Martin Pegan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back