Preview Sydney v Bulldogs SCG Sunday 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s get a good chunk of the vfl team in this week. No more risks on Hayward, amartey, rowie or Mills (if he’s sore) plus any other player that needs it eg Grundy

Can not see us winning this one and don’t want us to if it’s at risk of further injury. But if the vfl boys have a crack who knows what could happen and could be the hitout they need and we might uncover some talent. Eg Corey who looked good today.

I like fast players.

Wheres you arrogant confidence gone? We win this week

Don't agree with Wicks or Francis. Wicks was very lacklustre in the 2s and Francis is just scary with his disposal.

Reid is fit and ready to play, Sheldrick is a no brainer, Mills was supposedly managed so should be back and would be the sensible replacement for Rampe.

If Amartey or Heeney are also rested then Hamling is fit and has reliable disposal, and Magor, who was our third highest rated player in the 2s, and has excellent disposal should play as the sub .

Extra height would be appropriate in his game given the dogs surfeit of tall marking players

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Why? He's a good sub. He can play a number of positions reasonably well and this makes him a useful player to have up your sleeve during a game.

He could easily be sub if Francis comes in for Rampe.
He was one of our best today! Yeah, let's punish him...

And, as one of Fox's biggest fans on here, he's not a good sub. I can think of maybe once he's done well coming on as sub. He looks much better when he's in the 22 from the start. Of course it doesn't stop people asserting differently just because it sounds good in theory.

He was one of our best today! Yeah, let's punish him...

And, as one of Fox's biggest fans on here, he's not a good sub. I can think of maybe once he's done well coming on as sub. He looks much better when he's in the 22 from the start. Of course it doesn't stop people asserting differently just because it sounds good in theory.

He was good when Rampe was out before, presume takes that spot

He was good when Rampe was out before, presume takes that spot
Depends on the opposition. I think against the Dogs, Francis in for me.

Fox and JJ can sit on Dale and Richards.

The next week against Port is a bit different. Could put him on Georgiades, with TMac and Melican taking Dixon and Lord.

But if we had him as one of 3 KPDs this week he'd probably take JUH, and might do as well as anyone. So I wouldn't complain.

Wheres you arrogant confidence gone? We win this week
Want the vfl guys to take some of the load off before finals, whilst we get game time into returning guys like Parker and Mills. Even give Hamling a crack.

Oh we will still win the flag in a canter, just want to see minor adjustments to our game so we are fully ready.

Why bust a gut and risk further injury for the dogs when we can easily win the last 3.

Want the vfl guys to take some of the load off before finals, whilst we get game time into returning guys like Parker and Mills. Even give Hamling a crack.

Oh we will still win the flag in a canter, just want to see minor adjustments to our game so we are fully ready.

Why bust a gut and risk further injury for the dogs when we can easily win the last 3.
I think for players carrying injuries there's no point risking them, but we probably thought we could easily win the 3 before this week.

I think for players carrying injuries there's no point risking them, but we probably thought we could easily win the 3 before this week.
True, could be different circumstances. Think there was talk of a heavy training load post bye for those games which might have impacted things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few on here (and elsewhere) suggesting it’s Sheldrick time.

I would dearly love to see Gus in …. but don’t think it’ll happen.

Horse will bring in Wicks for Papley (despite Wicks being pretty ordinary in the VFL), Francis for Rampe & Mills for Hayward.

Horse will bring in Wicks for Papley (despite Wicks being pretty ordinary in the VFL), Francis for Rampe & Mills for Hayward.

Which is so frustrating as our clearances have been so poor and that is what Sheldrick is really good at.

The Swans players won't though as they clearly don't see it as much of an issue.

I am sure they do

I just hope they don't throw the towel in as quick as some fans.

Early week guess about our team v Bulldogs:
B Cunningham McCartin Melican
HB Fox Blakey Roberts
C Gulden Chad Lloyd
HF Campbell McDonald Heeney
F Wicks Reid McLean
Foll Grundy Adams Parker
Res Florent Corey Cleary Sheldrick
Sub Mitchell

Outs Papley Rampe Amartey Hayward
Ins Wicks Cleary Sheldrick Mitchell

Predicting Mills not ready, Rowie another week, Amartey and Willbur don't get up.

Corey play on a wing, Cleary as a pressure forward especially as he has been prepared for this role as per earlier interview with Horse, Sheldrick mid.

Forgot about Jordan. Would have him in the lineup instead of Mitchell with Wicks as Sub

Last edited:
Early week guess about our team v Bulldogs:
B Cunningham McCartin Melican
HB Fox Blakey Roberts
C Gulden Chad Lloyd
HF Campbell McDonald Heeney
F Wicks Reid McLean
Foll Grundy Adams Parker
Res Florent Corey Cleary Sheldrick
Sub Mitchell

Outs Papley Rampe Amartey Hayward
Ins Wicks Cleary Sheldrick Mitchell

Predicting Mills not ready, Rowie another week, Amartey and Willbur don't get up.

Corey play on a wing, Cleary as a pressure forward especially as he has been prepared for this role as per earlier interview with Horse, Sheldrick mid.

That worse case scenario team is still a good line up imo

If Rampe is possibly out for a few weeks. Then I think it depends on whether they prefer Fox or Francis as the 3rd tall defender within our structure.

Francis might be better in the air this week against the tall bulldog forwards. But Fox is more mobile and better scrambling when the ball hits the ground.

Though this week they could play both. Francis replace Rampe in defence. Fox play Hayward's role for a week as medium forward. And move him back if needed during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back