Preview Sydney v Bulldogs SCG Sunday 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of Blakey not giving up 2+ goals each week for once

Not playing burst footy would be a good idea

The teams that beat us played burst footy.

Mills is an interesting watch for this week. Clearly his shoulder is fine and it's his Achilles / calf the concern. I'd say best case scenario is he was a bit sore after the Norf game and it was decided best not to risk him on the rock hard Gabbatoir.

Brisbane didn’t and neither did Freo

Really?

What did Brisbane score in the two middle quarters ? 2.6 and the other two 9.7

They lose yesterday which is an if and but, and it would be about them sleeping for the middle of the game .

Freo had large patches of the game where we scored heavily and they couldn't get near it, they didn't have full quarters of it. But every game has ebbs and flows.

for some reason we always do ours at the start

Mills is an interesting watch for this week. Clearly his shoulder is fine and it's his Achilles / calf the concern. I'd say best case scenario is he was a bit sore after the Norf game and it was decided best not to risk him on the rock hard Gabbatoir.

He is the captain , he would want to step
up

Really?

What did Brisbane score in the two middle quarters ? 2.6 and the other two 9.7

They lose yesterday which is an if and but, and it would be about them sleeping for the middle of the game .

Freo had large patches of the game where we scored heavily and they couldn't get near it, they didn't have full quarters of it. But every game has ebbs and flows.

for some reason we always do ours at the start

Their pressure was still okay, we were borderline poor at absolute best in the first one again.

Our poor starts is purely and simply coaching well by r20 you’d think you could show an ounce of pressure in the first quarter. Maybe actually losing against a good side might wake Horse up it’s not good enough by the coaching staff, players, leaders. Only only that showed pressure the whole game was Taylor Adams

Their pressure was still okay, we were borderline poor at absolute best in the first one again.

Our poor starts is purely and simply coaching well by r20 you’d think you could show an ounce of pressure in the first quarter. Maybe actually losing against a good side might wake Horse up it’s not good enough by the coaching staff, players, leaders. Only only that showed pressure the whole game was Taylor Adams

The starts are nuts, we seem to start the first few minutes ok currently then we concede a goal and it's almost psychological at this point.

The starts are nuts, we seem to start the first few minutes ok currently then we concede a goal and it's almost psychological at this point.

Now the query is whose fault is that. Is not having Mills there an issue probably, but struth the starts are horrific we do that in finals we are going out straight sets.

Now the query is whose fault is that. Is not having Mills there an issue probably, but struth the starts are horrific we do that in finals we are going out straight sets.

It's just a combination of things,
not all slow starts are equal either, some
are shittier than others.

Being run over in the last quarter is more frustrating than a slow start

It's just a combination of things,
not all slow starts are equal either, some
are shittier than others.

Being run over in the last quarter is more frustrating than a slow start

Every poor start we are just making it hard for ourselves now I’m not saying we have to win the first by 6 goals but just being even would be enough. Yesterday this was compounded by having 2 on the bench. You start slow everything needs to go your way it’s like you are playing roulette with the footy gods

Every poor start we are just making it hard for ourselves now I’m not saying we have to win the first by 6 goals but just being even would be enough. Yesterday this was compounded by having 2 on the bench. You start slow everything needs to go your way it’s like you are playing roulette with the footy gods

Yep absolutely. I don't know what it is though.

Early in the year we didn't have that problem as much at all, a couple of sluggish but some really decent starts.

Maybe it's time to mix things up, eg Blakey at the first centre bounce or Florent. Logan Mcdonald there I dunno just mix it up early ?

Even if the hurt players are all out we still have a good team and home ground advantage
I really want us to win this week and hopefully stop dead in its tracks the V2 'Fairypuppies' narrative that is starting to ramp up in the media.

Sunday afternoon at the SCG is as good a place as any for us to do that - even with our list of injuries.

Any chance of Blakey not giving up 2+ goals each week for once

Not playing burst footy would be a good idea
Someone just needs to be whispering in his ear all week 'Keep it simple stupid'. Just in one of those periods where he is over thinking his decision making, and trying to be too cute with his kicking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed Richards has become their most important player (with Bont).

In games they’ve been belted in, Richards often hasn’t played (including when we beat them earlier in the season).

Horse, if you’re reading this …. Tag the bloodnut.

Him and Naughton being injured at half time was the difference in the game earlier in the year

Need a big statement performance here IMO. Last time we played them we were incredibly fortunate to win, and tbh that game felt like the beginning of this gradual decline in form over the last two months where in all honesty I don't think we've looked like the best team in it.

Really want to avoid a Freo circa 2015 scenario where we're lame ducks at the top of the ladder, only there because we had a great first few months.

Need a big statement performance here IMO. Last time we played them we were incredibly fortunate to win, and tbh that game felt like the beginning of this gradual decline in form over the last two months where in all honesty I don't think we've looked like the best team in it.

Really want to avoid a Freo circa 2015 scenario where we're lame ducks at the top of the ladder, only there because we had a great first few months.

Yep that's how they have to see it too, a win with a few out but defending at home will change the face of the season.

As much as the injuries clearly suck especially long term, a good club has to be able to cope with a few players out.

I’m trying… but the first quarters don’t give me much hope :(
It's the last quarters that worry me more.

Also, can we maybe try spoiling a few marking contests? I was tearing my hair out at the amount of marks they took in both their forward and back 50's yesterday without us even looking like spoiling, yet they seemed to spoil 2 out of every 3 marking contests for us.

Looks like perfect weather too.
17 degrees, sun and light winds from the SW.

Need the crowd to be up and about.

and the umpires to not fall for Weightman and co flopping around

It's the last quarters that worry me more.

Also, can we maybe try spoiling a few marking contests? I was tearing my hair out at the amount of marks they took in both their forward and back 50's yesterday without us even looking like spoiling, yet they seemed to spoil 2 out of every 3 marking contests for us.

They go in hand, if you have to put so much energy in getting back into the game, you have little to give at the back end. Boy jeez goalkicking practice too, third quarter kicking 1.5 or whatever and the 1 was Corey Warner not the actual forwards. That's the issue at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back