Preview Sydney v Bulldogs SCG Sunday 3:20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s going to be a cold day. I’m going to warm myself up with a toastie and potato scallop.

Which is a not-so-smooth segue into this map I found on what people call potato scallops in other parts of the country. As we have SMFC etched into our guernsey, not to mention most of our history, I think we all agree it is equally acceptable to call them potato cakes - so long as we all agree that the Doggies are cheats, their coach is a d*ckhead and that 2016 will always retain an asterisks.

Attachments

• IMG_6113.png
    IMG_6113.png
    467.4 KB · Views: 32

It’s going to be a cold day. I’m going to warm myself up with a toastie and potato scallop.

Which is a not-so-smooth segue into this map I found on what people call potato scallops in other parts of the country. As we have SMFC etched into our guernsey, not to mention most of our history, I think we all agree it is equally acceptable to call them potato cakes - so long as we all agree that the Doggies are cheats, their coach is a d*ckhead and that 2016 will always retain an asterisks.

ffs thought it was a serious map & opened it up...bloody potatoes.

Just my opinion but just whinging Florent has to go he butchers it is way too simplistic.

For starters who is replacing him! Also why is he turning it over.

He actually turned it over less lately , pre bye he had a few shockers, he is turning it over more consistently week to week now.

Again he obviously does have a high turnover number compared to the league, not saying it's not an issue, but he turned it over more often in our big winning patch, did you want him dropped then?

View attachment 2058088

We know he can actually kick reasonably well or he wouldn't be trusted to do it, we have seen it. So why is he turning it over consistently and not so much up and down week to week? It is because the midfield clearances are down and he is dealing with more repeat entries for instance ? Is there more accountability in the backline? His contested possession numbers are up at the moment, this suggests to me he and other defenders are under more pressure than before ?

View attachment 2058089

If he is kicking under pressure in a contest more often then the degree of difficulty is harder, so we need the mids to work harder and get on top and stop the backline having to work under siege as much.

Because also what are Blakeys turnovers looking like, not as high as Florent but certainly up recently more consistently .

View attachment 2058092

They are playing a difficult role, if the team
is under pressure.
Because if we just drop players for turnovers then what about Gulden? If he didn't turn it over so much then perhaps Florents job would be easier. Gulden is number 1 league wide for turnovers

View attachment 2058095

I am not saying Florent isn't down on from or shouldn't be better, but it's a bit like whinging about the 3 talls, if our mids don't get on top then defenders and forwards push shit up hill imo.

Again Florent goes out tonight, who comes in and does that role? Is Indhi Kirk doing it?
Gulden gets it 30-40 times a a game for a start, for a multitude of that’s a poor comparison.

You also didn’t address his broken tackles of which there were a number last week.

So essentially you’re saying there’s no accountably for Florence performance? Just keep picking him?

I like Florent but he’s just so horribly out of form he’s costing us goals and games atm.

Just my opinion but just whinging Florent has to go he butchers it is way too simplistic.

For starters who is replacing him! Also why is he turning it over.

He actually turned it over less lately , pre bye he had a few shockers, he is turning it over more consistently week to week now.

Again he obviously does have a high turnover number compared to the league, not saying it's not an issue, but he turned it over more often in our big winning patch, did you want him dropped then?

View attachment 2058088

We know he can actually kick reasonably well or he wouldn't be trusted to do it, we have seen it. So why is he turning it over consistently and not so much up and down week to week? It is because the midfield clearances are down and he is dealing with more repeat entries for instance ? Is there more accountability in the backline? His contested possession numbers are up at the moment, this suggests to me he and other defenders are under more pressure than before ?

View attachment 2058089

If he is kicking under pressure in a contest more often then the degree of difficulty is harder, so we need the mids to work harder and get on top and stop the backline having to work under siege as much.

Because also what are Blakeys turnovers looking like, not as high as Florent but certainly up recently more consistently .

View attachment 2058092

They are playing a difficult role, if the team
is under pressure.
Because if we just drop players for turnovers then what about Gulden? If he didn't turn it over so much then perhaps Florents job would be easier. Gulden is number 1 league wide for turnovers

View attachment 2058095

I am not saying Florent isn't down on from or shouldn't be better, but it's a bit like whinging about the 3 talls, if our mids don't get on top then defenders and forwards push shit up hill imo.

Again Florent goes out tonight, who comes in and does that role? Is Indhi Kirk doing it?
You don’t have to pick someone directly from the twos to play that exact role, you can shuffle players around. We do it weekly.

Gulden gets it 30-40 times a a game for a start, for a multitude of that’s a poor comparison.

You also didn’t address his broken tackles of which there were a number last week.

So essentially you’re saying there’s no accountably for Florence performance? Just keep picking him?

I like Florent but he’s just so horribly out of form he’s costing us goals and games atm.

That's not what I said, I suggested there are reasons out of his control affecting his performance. Hence why he isn't just thrown out

You don’t have to pick someone directly from the twos to play that exact role, you can shuffle players around. We do it weekly.

True but you still have to pick players and make that shuffle and you haven't suggested anything That I have seen. Anyway see how he goes this week, we need him in form.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, how would that strategy have gone the last 2 weeks?

I like playing fit players.

Have crossed you of the list of suspected alias accounts for Horse on bigfooty

Should be playing reserves then.
I'm not in favour of him trying to find form in the seniors.
If it was good for Parker, it should be good for Mills
Just we’re a bit light on cattle at the moment and a match fit Millsy is needed for our 2024 premiership.

1721952300841.jpeg

"A picture is worth a thousand words."

I wonder if Heens was given a free kick for this clear assault.

The only thing I am concerned about when we play these cheats.
All things being fair, we smash them on Sunday.

Should be playing reserves then.
I'm not in favour of him trying to find form in the seniors.
If it was good for Parker, it should be good for Mills
Agreed. Was clearly not up to speed last game, then felt sore to top it off. Not to mention it was probably unnecessary v north, would've been more handy v bris. I'm only accepting it this week because of our outs.

But pretty clear he needed 1 and a half games in the VFL before coming in.

Some wasted sports scientists here.

None of us have any ****en idea what Mills needs or needed.

We are a better team with him in it, whatever fast tracks his return to playing well is the way to go.

We have to stop those short to 3 quarter kicks to free opposition players on transition. We’ve been cut up by both the aints and lions with these type of uncontested possessions. Either we’re not getting back in the zone quick enough to plug the gap or something else is going wrong with the game plan.

Lack of crumbers and easy rebounds (mainly a million intercept marks we’ve been giving lately) don’t help this matter either.

Might have to go possession footy ourselves to change things up and to help keep our shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back