TAC Cup Future Stars Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Have Heppell going at 4?????????????

They skipped over GC's picks so hard to get a full gauge.

Cannot see us taking Lynch at 6...Hardwick has a man crush on Griffiths and we already have Riewoldt. Plus he has said that we need more mids.

Here's the list:
1. David Swallow (GC)
3. Sam Day (GC)
4. Dyson Heppell (WCE)
6. Tom Lynch (Rich)
8. Shaun Atley (Ess)
10. Jed Lamb (Bris)
12. Jack Darling (Melb)
14. Scott Lycetts (Adel)
16. Josh Caddy (Port)
17. Lucas Cook (NM)
19. Jayden Pitt (Haw)
20. Matthew Watson (Frem)
21. Patrick Karnezis (Swans)
22. Mitch Wallis (WB)
23. Billie Smedts (Geel)
24. Aaron Young (StK)
25. Dion Prestia (Coll)

Have Heppell going at 4?????????????

They skipped over GC's picks so hard to get a full gauge.

Cannot see us taking Lynch at 6...Hardwick has a man crush on Griffiths and we already have Riewoldt. Plus he has said that we need more mids.

Yeah Hutchy said if they do all the GC Picks they be there all day

This will give you an idea how it might look with gold coast's other selections left out,to the players they did'nt mention
1.Gold Coast: David Swallow
2.Gold Coast: Harley Bennell
3.Gold Coast: Sam Day
4.West Coast: Dyson Heppell
5.Gold Coast: ANDREW GAFF
6.Richmond: Tom Lynch
7.Gold Coast: DANIEL GORRINGE
8.Essendon:Shuan Atley
9.Gold Coast: JARED POLEC
10.Brisbane: Jed Lamb
11.Gold Coast: BRODIE SMITH
12.Melbourne: Jack Darling
13.Gold Coast: LUKE PARKER
14.Adelaide: Scott Lycett
15.Gold Coast: PATRICK MC CARTHY
16.Port Adelaide: Josh Caddy
17.North Melbourne: Lucas Cook
18.Carlton: Reece Conca
19.Hawthorn: Jayden Pitt
20.Fremantle: Matt Watson
21.Sydney: Patrick Karnezis
22.Western Bulldogs: Mitch Wallis
23.Geelong: Billie Smedts
24.St Kilda: Aaron Young
25.Collingwood: Dion Prestia

The names highlighted in capitals are obviously the ones that were'nt mentioned and iv filled the gaps.

This will give you an idea how it might look with gold coast's other selections left out,to the players they did'nt mention
1.Gold Coast: David Swallow
2.Gold Coast: Harley Bennell
3.Gold Coast: Sam Day
4.West Coast: Dyson Heppell
5.Gold Coast: ANDREW GAFF
6.Richmond: Tom Lynch
7.Gold Coast: DANIEL GORRINGE
8.Essendon:Shuan Atley
9.Gold Coast: JARED POLEC
10.Brisbane: Jed Lamb
11.Gold Coast: BRODIE SMITH
12.Melbourne: Jack Darling
13.Gold Coast: LUKE PARKER
14.Adelaide: Scott Lycett
15.Gold Coast: PATRICK MC CARTHY
16.Port Adelaide: Josh Caddy
17.North Melbourne: Lucas Cook
18.Carlton: Reece Conca
19.Hawthorn: Jayden Pitt
20.Fremantle: Matt Watson
21.Sydney: Patrick Karnezis
22.Western Bulldogs: Mitch Wallis
23.Geelong: Billie Smedts
24.St Kilda: Aaron Young
25.Collingwood: Dion Prestia

The names highlighted in capitals are obviously the ones that were'nt mentioned and iv filled the gaps.

The only surprise selection here for mine was Prestia to Collingwood. Just don't rate him a 1st rounder. Ready to go. Has a nice penetrating kick. Big body. Ready Was a bit fan of Luke Tapscott last year who had some assets in common, but Prestia I rate a mid-late 2nd rounder who really has pretty limited upside.

Lamb I really don't think should be in that high range either. Brisbane could do with a small forward, but pick 10 is overpaying for Lamb.

Pretty glad there is some recognition going out to my man Dyson Heppell who clearly now is in top 5 talks. Great to see him up there. Always been a top 15 guy for mine.

Hallahan is pretty unlucky not to be on their list. Harper likewise. Blayne Wilson. Ben Jacobs would be very unlucky and I suspect he might have snuck in, in the place of Parker myself. I have a feeling he is rated by these guys as a min top 20 guy. But as you said any number of these could have made it.

Jamie Cripps, Cameron Guthrie and Josh Green I also feel would be close to the 1st round but possibly just outside at this early stage.

That too me as a Surprising Pick. Would rather Kiren Harper

:thumbsu:

Harper I don't think is a lock for a 1st round position, but I agree if available for the Pies he is the pick. No question. Has star qualities. Fantastic ball user, great goal sense and has a reasonable burst of speed. Perfect fit for our forwardline and hopefully might allow us to release a Sidebottom or Beams into the midfield. A real Hine type pick and a guy I know Buckley will fall in love with at first sight.

Prestia I just don't see as a 1st rounder at all. In the 2nd round he would be a reasonable pick for any club, but in the 1st round. Very generous. Just don't see the scope for improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only surprise selection here for mine was Prestia to Collingwood. Just don't rate him a 1st rounder. Ready to go. Has a nice penetrating kick. Big body. Ready Was a bit fan of Luke Tapscott last year who had some assets in common, but Prestia I rate a mid-late 2nd rounder who really has pretty limited upside.

Lamb I really don't think should be in that high range either. Brisbane could do with a small forward, but pick 10 is overpaying for Lamb.

Pretty glad there is some recognition going out to my man Dyson Heppell who clearly now is in top 5 talks. Great to see him up there. Always been a top 15 guy for mine.

Hallahan is pretty unlucky not to be on their list. Harper likewise. Blayne Wilson. Ben Jacobs would be very unlucky and I suspect he might have snuck in, in the place of Parker myself. I have a feeling he is rated by these guys as a min top 20 guy. But as you said any number of these could have made it.

Jamie Cripps, Cameron Guthrie and Josh Green I also feel would be close to the 1st round but possibly just outside at this early stage.
Yeah agree with you on heppell hes a gun and deserves to be mentioned in around top 5 imo,im pretty comfortable with the highlighted selections i added the only one im umming and arring on is the selection of pick 15 which your right could be any number of jacobs,hallahan,harper etc.

I only taken a very vague interest in the draft this year. I couldn't help but to notice that they have Richmond picking up Lynch. Looking at the trial run on the mock draft Tom Lynch was going at pick 25.

What has happened here? Has he had saveral blinder games since the mock draft or is it simply a case of either the panelists on the program having no idea or the big footy posters having no idea? I personaly find that the big footy posters tend to have a better idea than the media types.

If Richmond makes this selection would it be a case of Richmond picking the best availiable or based on need. I would only be happy for Richmond using a top ten pick on a player if they are the best availiable rather than on need. Particularly if that player is a tall player because they still have much growing to do so it's harder to tell how they will turn out.

Thats what I think that Billie Smedts will go to Geelong.

Smedts would be one hell of a pick for Geelong if he does last! Very, very talented! Rate him in my top 10 and think he should be more in the top 15 range on draft day.

What kind of player is Prestia??

Did they pick a another midget for Carlton? Would've thought that Carlton need a couple of taller kids.

Prestia is a short, but powerful midfielder who can kick 60m. He is pretty ready made but his upside is questionable. Is he worth a 1st round pick? For mine probably not.

Reece Conca - Carlton's selection is an interesting one. A player who will be able to play earlier rather than later. Not quite sure he is what Carlton's will be looking for. Pretty much an unobtrusive utility who is a smart player but not sure he has star potential. Would think Carlton might go either KPP or inside mid. Have a fair few ahead of Conca at this selection. Matt Watson would be a nice one for Carlton if available. Big bodied KPD who can play from round 1. Bit of a Michael Hurley physically.

I only taken a very vague interest in the draft this year. I couldn't help but to notice that they have Richmond picking up Lynch. Looking at the trial run on the mock draft Tom Lynch was going at pick 25.

What has happened here? Has he had saveral blinder games since the mock draft or is it simply a case of either the panelists on the program having no idea or the big footy posters having no idea? I personaly find that the big footy posters tend to have a better idea than the media types.

If Richmond makes this selection would it be a case of Richmond picking the best availiable or based on need. I would only be happy for Richmond using a top ten pick on a player if they are the best availiable rather than on need. Particularly if that player is a tall player because they still have much growing to do so it's harder to tell how they will turn out.

Those who participated in the phantom draft I do feel have a bit more knowledge than your regular media commentators. While this isn't bad and some of the names they put up there in their 1st round haven't been in many 1st rounds here I do think they are still in that general range. I'd like to see them construct a 2nd round to see if there are any similarities to what I think. But the whole top 35 has very little seperating any of the prospects from basically pick 4 which does make it interesting and still does give this phantom draft some credibility even though it does contrast to many seen on here.

Lynch I have had in my top 20 for some time, though at the time many did believe 25 would be around his range. Lynch really made a name for himself at the champs and has really continued on since very, very strongly and has done his draft stocks no harm at all! Very high upside athletic KPF who has come a long way this season. Particularly since the trial draft his game just keeps developing which is very encouraging. Really since the trial draft has gone from a top 20 type prospect for mine into a possible top 10 and likely top 15 selection. So he is certainly making up ground and has very quickly in a short period. Pick 6 isn't unrealistic, but I do feel it is slightly too high myself.

Prestia is a short, but powerful midfielder who can kick 60m. He is pretty ready made but his upside is questionable. Is he worth a 1st round pick? For mine probably not.

So he be a Upgrade of Blair?

Most Smaller players would have Lack of Upside but if you can get a Player who can make a Impact Straight Away they can be very handy

Most Smaller players would have Lack of Upside but if you can get a Player who can make a Impact Straight Away they can be very handy
So you Think Players like Colyer, Leigh Adams, Andrew Hooper, Dylan McNeil and Brandon Matera don't Have Upside?

I cannot see us taking a tall with our first pick. We already have a rainforest, we don't need anymore tall timber. MIDFIELDERS are an absolute must.

Those Lycett is a very nice Prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

TAC Cup Future Stars Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back