televised debate(s)

Remove this Banner Ad

The winner of the debate will be the person who convinces the most people to vote for their party.Difficult to measure.

"Winning" declared by pundits after the deabte will be largely subjective.

debates stink

what would make a lot more sense to me would be live construction of legislation head to head

party teams putting up on competing screens exactly what they're offering the public, while the accompanying webcast churns out the documents they'll table in parliament so we know its all legit

rather than made-for-tv hot air that does nothing when parliament sits

Somebody please tell me Cam's joking ...... Geez.:rolleyes:

Yeah pretty much. He did get it wrong though, not intentionally however.

On the debate, I finally figured out why Howard made the debate go 90 minutes.. so Rudd had enough time to ask himself all the questions the panel misses out on asking him.

Is that a strategy of his?

Howard is saying there won't be much to debate, labor is endorsing all their policies, but I like this

svCARTOON_OCT21_gallery__470x330,0.jpg

Heh nice one.

And now this:

0,,5711947,00.jpg

..But the Liberal Party has counterpunched in the shadow boxing ahead of tonight's televised debate hosted by the National Press Club, issuing a ``Bingo''-style card so viewers can mark down Kevin Rudd's ``annoying'' phrases and mannerisms.

The card includes areas dedicated to Mr Rudd's use of phrases such as ``fresh ideas'', ``end of the blame game'', ``the buck stops with me'', and ``I am an economic conservative''.

It follows Mr Rudd's campaign launch when he used the phrase ``fresh leadership'' 16 times in just four minutes, and aims to highlight what the Government sees as his propensity for sloganeering.

The Liberals will post the ``Bingo'' card on the party's official website about lunchtime today, and are encouraging viewers to print it out and use it while they watch the 90-minute debate from Parliament House in Canberra. The contest will be broadcast by the ABC, Channel Nine and Sky News..

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,22621422-948,00.html

funnily enough that article is actually about how focus groups think Howard comes across as tricky desperate and out of touch for only wanting one debate. I think this Bingo card crap warrants that they add childish to the list.

funnily enough that article is actually about how focus groups think Howard comes across as tricky desperate and out of touch for only wanting one debate. I think this Bingo card crap warrants that they add childish to the list.

The bingo card is pretty funny. I have mine printed out - will give me something to do after both leaders run out of cliches. :)

It looks as though it isn't live into WA except on Sky News. From all the program guides I can find, it's a 7.30 tee off here too. Looks like I'm going to have to watch the small telly while the kiddies watch Idol.:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now will rudd apologise for lying when he said it was only on pay tv?

perhaps you can explain why its not on live in WA except too those who have foxtel? I don't have it so I can't watch it until later tonight.

freo..seems we get it on the ABC at 730.

Howard's opening spend most of the time in the negative (although only just). Started poorly but got better. Went on for too long compared to Rudd and was stopped by Spears.

They should use music Acadamy Awards style when a speaker goes over his time limits.

Rodent had to be interrupted three times before he wrapped up his opening statement. Give him one warning then drown him in awards ceremony music...

I think Martin said 80 people control the worm. Not sure how that reflects what the people of Australia think

Rudd is killing it so far - all positive from the worm, negative for Howard.

Maybe the polls are right.

Remove this Banner Ad

televised debate(s)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back