News TEX - captain no more

How many weeks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew McLeod was never "captain" but he was an amazing on and off field leader.

Anyone checked on SouthernTakeover? He'd be a little depressed today.
Same with vader, he stated on numerous occasions vb would be captain for a few more years.

Interesting press conference. Seriously sounded to me that Phil was implying that others in the leadership group may have had a disagreement of some sort. Wish we could know more about that, but he did go on to say that Tex had 100% support of the club, so I'm not sure what to think.

I reckon if Phil asked danger or sloane who should be captain they would have said "VB", Tex would have said "Tex". I think that would be the disagreement, not them pissed off because they didn't get it.

Feel sorry for Sloane but that's the difference between committing your future to the team early and enthusiastically, and not.

Very much a new era appointment. Reminiscent of Blight turfing McDermott and Jarman for Bickley. And we know how that ended up.

Well, stuff me....thought it was some kind of joke on Twitter this morning when I read Fitzy's tweet! I'm not sure what to think to be honest. My gut feel is they wanted a bloke who makes the team walk taller - and he definitely does that! Best of luck Tex....

Don't care how well Tex does in the media, I want a leader that can fire up and lead his team mates on the field. (Sloaney has already said everyone walks taller with Tex out there)

Refreshing to have a true "footballer" lead our great Club !!

This is the first time in many years that I feel the Club is heading in the right direction and is prepared to make the tough/right decisions rather than the expected decisions.

I am with you DABM, bounce the farking ball !!!

I like the idea that they are happy to have disagreements and discussions and then come to an agreement and move forward. That's mature and respectful of everyone's opinions. It takes strong characters to a) speak up with their opinions and then b) accept a difference of opinion and provide support. Otherwise you get a Western Bulldogs scenario within a footy club of whispers and annoyances and backstabbing.
Yep strong discussion and consensus decision backing. Walsh is the boss no doubt about that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Tex! Glad to see the captaincy go to somebody who bleeds red, blue and yellow. It's not totally surprising considering some of the things Walsh has said previously but I'm wrapped.

Don't care how well Tex does in the media, I want a leader that can fire up and lead his team mates on the field. (Sloaney has already said everyone walks taller with Tex out there)

Refreshing to have a true "footballer" lead our great Club !!

This is the first time in many years that I feel the Club is heading in the right direction and is prepared to make the tough/right decisions rather than the expected decisions.

I am with you DABM, bounce the farking ball !!!

You can teach all the off-field stuff.

You can't teach all the on-field stuff.

Just for the record I have no idea who Southerntakeover or Wade Matheson are. Would be kinda funny if it turned out I was correct though.

There are rules about outing people on BF and it's a no no as well as just being poor form. That isn't who you think it is though.

Remove this Banner Ad

News TEX - captain no more

Back