News TEX - captain no more

How many weeks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

B7RvEurCYAElbgp.jpg:large

Adelaide Crows ‏@Adelaide_FC 9m9 minutes ago
Tex always draws a crowd ... The No.13 will soon be added to the wall of leaders at the back #gocrows
Why does Bickley have a crap version of the Guernsey up there?

Can I love Walshy even more? Asked about Danger and Sloane being the seemingly favourites and his response was to stare down the journo and state their place is as leaders of this club like the other 43 blokes sitting there and do give their best for the footy club.

Tex asked about similarities with Walshy and his response is "he's not as good looking" :D Cheeky bugger.

Another quote from Walshy "authentic footy club. Actions speak louder than words. We won't be about spin."

Watching the presser.

Two of the most no-nonsense, straight down the line blokes you'll see. Love how Walshy just gnarls and smirks at bullshit questions but genuinely and strongly answers good ones.

Walsh:
We sat down as a leadership group and had a "man conversation" about it. They're ready to get into it.
Taylor influences the group the most.
Takes 22 players.
We don't sit around and feel sorry for ourselves. We aren't that club. We discuss strongly but we get on with it.
This is the nice honeymoon period. We haven't performed yet though. We need to perform.
43 players have a job. This is their job.
Country boys have it harder. But they have a community feel.
We want to be an authentic club - no spin. Action.

Walker:
I'm not going to change. I will get the job done game day.
I'm not a real fan of the media but I'm ready to learn and do what it takes.
Just want to get on to the field.
Phil has a great game plan.
"Are you up for the burden?" What's the burden?

These two are pretty tight.

Can I love Walshy even more? Asked about Danger and Sloane being the seemingly favourites and his response was to stare down the journo and state their place is as leaders of this club like the other 43 blokes sitting there and do give their best for the footy club.

Tex asked about similarities with Walshy and his response is "he's not as good looking" :D Cheeky bugger.

Another quote from Walshy "authentic footy club. Actions speak louder than words. We won't be about spin."
He is what so many of us wanted. I love the way he goes about it, but I am bloody glad I dont have to play for him.

Interesting press conference. Seriously sounded to me that Phil was implying that others in the leadership group may have had a disagreement of some sort. Wish we could know more about that, but he did go on to say that Tex had 100% support of the club, so I'm not sure what to think.

Interesting press conference. Seriously sounded to me that Phil was implying that others in the leadership group may have had a disagreement of some sort. Wish we could know more about that, but he did go on to say that Tex had 100% support of the club, so I'm not sure what to think.

I like the idea that they are happy to have disagreements and discussions and then come to an agreement and move forward. That's mature and respectful of everyone's opinions. It takes strong characters to a) speak up with their opinions and then b) accept a difference of opinion and provide support. Otherwise you get a Western Bulldogs scenario within a footy club of whispers and annoyances and backstabbing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the idea that they are happy to have disagreements and discussions and then come to an agreement and move forward. That's mature and respectful of everyone's opinions. It takes strong characters to a) speak up with their opinions and then b) accept a difference of opinion and provide support. Otherwise you get a Western Bulldogs scenario within a footy club of whispers and annoyances and backstabbing.

We were on that path. Some would say already riding it.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the room when the MAN conversations were taking place.
Fair to say that from afar Walsh didn't consider the joint acting captain arrangements from last season to be very manly

I noticed that Tex looked at his notes a couple of times and used the same phrases, which is very understandable ;) But Walshy right at the end quietly told him, "well done mate"

Fagan went straight to Tex after as well, smiled and shook his hand, Tex smiled back.

It's like everyone's reading from the same hymnbook or something.

Yeah, I love that they can and will be discussing it like adults, just as long as they do all accept it and get on with everything afterwards. My only concern is that once it's aired Walsh might think 'Ok, you've stated your problems, now get over it', where as the other parties might feel like 'I disagree with it, but you ignored me and now I'm upset'. Just as long as they discuss it all thoroughly and walk out of the room on the same page, not still with grievances. No mention of a VC either, which I'm disappointed about. Otherwise, I'm quite happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

News TEX - captain no more

Back