News The 2010 Trade discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Everitt better than Jarrad Brennan who wants to leave Brisbane. Worth swapping? I think Everitt will be a better player but just going by how Eade limits his development.
Well Everitt needs huge improvement to be anywhere near Brennan.

Unfortunately, I don't think we could afford Brennan's asking price under our salary cap.

Unfortunately, I don't think we could afford Brennan's asking price under our salary cap.

From memory, wasn't Jared Brennan the guy we actually wanted to draft in 2002?

However due to Brisbane's concessional picks in 2002 despite winning the premiership, they got him at #3, while had pick #4 and got...... Tim Walsh :(

It is impossible to know what to believe these type of things, but it was reported that Brennan was looking for $2 million over 3 years. That is just under $700K per year. That would put him as either our second or third highest paid player. That is absolutely ridiculous!

He has some nice party tricks and a great highlight reel but he is not worth that amount of money. He is not consistent and has other flaws in his game.

We have posters here who bag Hill and Stack week in/week out for being too casual. Imagine seeing Brennan going one handed every time he tries to pick up the ball. He is great to watch and reminds me of a Harlem Globetrotter the way he plays, but I don't think he is the player that can help us win a premiership.And we certainly can't fit him in our salary cap.

However due to Brisbane's concessional picks in 2002 despite winning the premiership, they got him at #3, while had pick #4 and got...... Tim Walsh :(

Brisbane traded a premiership winning Des Headland to Freo for picks 3 and 19, no concessional draft picks.

We should seriously target Mundy.
We should throw absolutly everything at Jarrad roughead
Is Everitt better than Jarrad Brennan who wants to leave Brisbane. Worth swapping?

These players really are a waste of time talking about as they are all on HUGE money and we couldn't fit any of them into salary cap and they would also cost big name players in trades.

Sherman for our 3rd round pick. He doesn't have much currency at the moment, and I think this would be considered by the Lions. He really needs a change of club and would be a nice fit for the space created by Harbrow leaving.

He would have a lot more currency than that, the only issue is with his 400K salary over the next 2 years, plenty of clubs would be looking for a fast goal kicking mid/forward.

I have double the outs(what I think will happen) that you have, so will be interesting to see what happens at that time of the year. It wouldn't surprise me if we had ten come off our list for various reasons.

I would be absolutely staggered if anywhere near 10 come off list, that's the sort of number Richmond took off when it was clearing out list last year, 5-6 more likely as we will only use 3-4 draft picks as is shallow draft after top section and upgrade 2 rookies (Hooper and Moles). Not all of Everitt/Stack/Hill will be traded if that's what you are thinking likely 1, maybe 2 of them.

I would be absolutely staggered if anywhere near 10 come off list, that's the sort of number Richmond took off when it was clearing out list last year, 5-6 more likely as we will only use 3-4 draft picks as is shallow draft after top section and upgrade 2 rookies (Hooper and Moles). Not all of Everitt/Stack/Hill will be traded if that's what you are thinking likely 1, maybe 2 of them.

This is my predictions of our end of year outs(Are just educated guesses so will be probably 100% wrong)

RETIREES

1 Johnno
2 Eagleton
3 Hahn

SACKED

4 Akermanis

DELISTED

5 Callan
6 Tiller

OFF TO GREENER PASTURES

7 Harbrow

TRADED OUT

8 Everitt
9 Hill

MOVING BACK TO BE WITH FAMILY

10 Stack

And I havn't included Mulligan or Boumann.

Posters who have inferred we will have an exit of 5 players are IMO way too conservative. I would be extremely surprised to see any of the trio of Everitt, Stack and Hill at out club next year. The club tried to trade Everitt for pick 23 in a weak draft two weeks after he had signed a 2 year contract. I would think that the club would want to trade him yet again, and I would also think that Everitt would want to go to a club where he will get opportunities. Lets face it, Eade has no faith in any of the three, and I would be surprised if he kept them on our list.

If it was up to me I would keep all three(Everitt, Stack and Hill) and make it my challenge and task to boost their belief and make them reach their potential. We know that won't happen though, much less hassle to trade them to another club.

I agree with that. Although i think we will keep either Hill or Everitt but not both. Will definately trade Stack if we can get something alright for him.

OUTS:
Johnno, Aker, Hahn, Eagleton (retired)
Harbrow (GC)
Tiller, Callan (delisted)
Stack and Hill or Everitt (Traded for draft picks)

INS:
Moles and Hooper (rookie upgrade)
Libba and Wallis (father son)
Djekurra (from Geelong for 3rd/4th rounder)
2nd round pick (for hill or everitt)
3rd round pick (for stack)
4th round pick
Mature age recruit (ie faulks/little etc)

Leaving the team for next year:
FB: wood, lake, morris
HB: murphy, williams, gilbee
C: cross, boyd, ward
HF: higgins, jones, addison
FF: grant, hall, giansiracusa
R: hudson, griffen, cooney
INT: hargrave, roughead, moles, picken
EMERG: reid, hooper, minson

with everitt/hill, libba, wallis, djekurra and the mature age as depth.

Maybe Stack stays.

He did seem to get games and keep his spot easier than some, so must have been doing something the Coach and MC liked.

Obviously a go home factor applies as he is reported to be missing family.

Maybe Stack stays.

He did seem to get games and keep his spot easier than some, so must have been doing something the Coach and MC liked.

Obviously a go home factor applies as he is reported to be missing family.

Hope your right. Stack of talent is one of my favourite players. I would be over the moon if he stayed and had a career with us.:)

He might stay and be really happy with us. But It wouldn't surprise me if he went home. For me, It just a guesswork/body language thing. He doesn't look happy. He looks homesick. Remember he is a very young guy with a young son. He is only 22, and was 19 or 20 when he had a son, so you can imagine how hard that would be for him and how much his parents, grandparents, brothers,and all family would miss seeing the child.

Then there is the playing side. Eade doesn't have faith in him. He had a string of games only because Johnno was injured and our forward line was too BBB dimensional at the time. And I watch Stack a lot, and think he is talented and great with the ball and when he is near the ball and especially the goals, but I don't think he enjoys his footy. I don't think he enjoys modern day footy with structures and zones etc. He looks lost at times on the field knowing where to position himself. He is a natural football, and it would be hard to concentrate so much on positioning, etc. Jpod said it was the hardest thing about the whole year, learning where to position himself when the ball wasn't in his vicinity.

So, I don't know. I have no inside knowledge at all. But it is just my gut instinct that says he misses his family, he isn't enjoying his football, and honestly I question our time our resources and approaches to handle indigenous players who come from far away communities. Would be great to have a Michael McLean type figure at the club who can understand some of the issues that maybe other personnel can't. It seems a really tragic waste to me that we recruited three talented indigenous players in Lynch, Hill and Stack all in the same draft. All three went backwards and in a few months none of them could be left.We lose out with this. I think this is an area where the club really needs to see if they can improve or change in this area..

We would have had pick #3 if the team hadnt beat Collingwood in round 22. Was it worth kicking Wallace out and coming out for Rhode full of fire? Better to have played a resentful last loosing game under Wallace and nab Brennan in the draft? NAH!!!!!!

Just a thought - what about Andrw Krakour

He can probably play a bit, but why take in yet another player in the 27-28 yo bracket (with baggage) that will retire leaving a hole in the nearish future?

We seriously need to draft <25yo and/or keep getting games into our own younger players to keep the team fresh.

If he was a gun and came cheap, I suppose youd look at him.

To posters who follow the under age competitions and the drafts, what is the quality and depth of the draft this year? How deep in quality does it run?

Given, the state of our list and that we will be in mini rebuilding mode next year, wouldn't surprise me if we trade out rather than trade in.

I haven't followed it a great deal compared to last year, but the depth looks okay from what I've seen. It's definitely stronger compared to last years. IMO If we could get a couple 3rd round picks anywhere I'd be happy enough with that as it looks to be pretty even around this point. I'd be looking to get mature age players in the 4th round though.

And 2ez4me I would draft Krakour if he was available at a 4th round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alwyn Davey looking to leave bombers (rumour, heard it on SEN so make of it what you will)
And pace is what we need. May compensate for the loss of Harbrow if we can strike a deal. How about

Stack to WCE, McKinley to Bombers, Davey to us (give or take some draft picks)

Also Knights is staying in Adelaide so that door is closed. Brennan & Drummond look too pricey

Brennan has some amazing skills but is an extraordinarily lazy footballer. Most overrated player in the league. We don't need him in the side IMO. :thumbsdown:

Brennan has some amazing skills but is an extraordinarily lazy footballer. Most overrated player in the league. We don't need him in the side IMO. :thumbsdown:
I agree Bazzas Lovechild. Brennan far too lazy. Extraordinary talent but no ticker. I want to know if it's worth giving up a ruckman. It would have to be Wilbur to get the flick. Huddo has a few more years and by the time he's done we'll have Roughead and Cordy at rucks. Alternatively, I say we play Cooney in the ruck. I saw him beat Dean Cox in a ruck contest at Etihad one day. Too cool for words although I did let out a "Cooooooooooooooooooney"
My only other comment would be that I beg the football department to keep Everitt. Give him a full season. He'll be a great footballer and in my opinion already is.

Tambling looking to leave the Tiges. Has 2 years left on his contract but wants a move. Not my cup of tea, but a skillful pacey type...Anyone??

Don't think we need him with our f/s picks and Brodie Moles waiting in the wings. Plus, latest mail has him going to Essendon for Houli.

Would be awesome. But they would ask for griffen lol and possibly our first rounder from harbrow aswell.

Was on the bombers forums and it sounds as though he'd be had for a 2nd rounder if that. Would be a good fit as we need a crumbing forward that can apply pressure when the ball goes the other way.

Laterally I think we should look at Chris Tarrant. Throw him down back so Lake can go forward.

We couldnt afford what the tigers would want for him, unless they wanted a swap for a player.
Agree, I think the Tiges would be after a high draft pick, where most of us would not want that to happen. It would be just finding the right player to swap.
It's kind of like Everitt for us, he might not be rated as highly by other teams as he is by us. Unsure if we would get a good pick for him.
Tarrant a no for me, I figure we need to recruit a younger list and I am against recruiting older players who are carrying niggles.

The HS is saying Tambling for Houli in a straight swap. Can't say I'm a big fan of Tambling anyway.
Completely pointless trade. To use a Supercoach term, very much a sideways trade. Can't see how it improves either side.

I think we'll be very much a bit player at trade time. We'll have atleast 5 players departing without trading anyone out. Our only realistic tradeable assets are players like Hill, Stack, Everitt, Addison etc, who wouldn't command much at the trade table. Maybe Everitt is worth a bit, as potential is often worth more than reality.

The common scapegoats that everyone wants traded (ie Hahn, Gia, Hargreaves etc), are all worth far more to us than what we would recieve in the current trade market for them.

Completely pointless trade. To use a Supercoach term, very much a sideways trade. Can't see how it improves either side.

I think we'll be very much a bit player at trade time. We'll have atleast 5 players departing without trading anyone out. Our only realistic tradeable assets are players like Hill, Stack, Everitt, Addison etc, who wouldn't command much at the trade table. Maybe Everitt is worth a bit, as potential is often worth more than reality.

The common scapegoats that everyone wants traded (ie Hahn, Gia, Hargreaves etc), are all worth far more to us than what we would recieve in the current trade market for them.

Not sure if your pulling the pi$$ or not but HARGRAVE. RYAN HARGRAVE

Remove this Banner Ad

News The 2010 Trade discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back