Mega Thread The 2013/2014 Offseason Trade & Draft rumour megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that if we are going to have a legitimate crack at next years premiership (and maybe 2015), then we need to get proven and good players like Bellchambers, rather than unproven kids in the draft that will take a few years to develop.
If next year is a development year, so be it, and probably not worth spending the world on someone like Bellchambers.

What about this three way trade -

GWS
Gain: Witts, Pick 5
Lose: Pick 1, pick 19

GC
Gain: Harry O and pick 19
Lose: Pick 5

Pies:
Gain: Pick one
Lose: Witts and Harry O

Probably sounds like we make out like bandits and GWS lose big time ;)

rumour has it sam gilbert will be on the open market by this arvo.......................

no thanks.

Agree - Do not want him. Good Defender but his use by Foot is very Ify

Talking of a Gunston type and Brisbane players... What about Aaron Cornelius?? I may be biased cos I went to school with him but it also means I've had a fair interest in how he goes.

Too many times he has been asked to play as a key fwd when he's simply not big enough to play that position. Any time he plays and Brisbane play poorly, he seems to be the one that gets the chop. Bloody hard for a bloke to have any confidence and therefore play well if he's worrying about his spot everything he plays. He is a pretty good mark and if he was able to play a string of games in a row in a good side as a 3rd tall, he'd become a decent AFL player

Brown needs to retire and let a couple of young ones come thru no one will get a chance with him still there - seem to play a different type of footy when he isn't playing...
Silly mistake not to develop young forwards, brown has had his day, he gets another knock in the head and history lights out.!!!!!

Brown needs to retire and let a couple of young ones come thru no one will get a chance with him still there - seem to play a different type of footy when he isn't playing...
Silly mistake not to develop young forwards, brown has had his day, he gets another knock in the head and history lights out.!!!!!

Similar to us, when he is there they rely on him. When Cloke is playing for us we rely on him.

Could this be our new player for 2014 but in black and white stripes?
169038-sam-reid.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft the player with the best foot skills available at our pick regardless of position. Need to add foot skills badly

Pressure defeats foot skills. Watch what happens on GF day.

Could this be our new player for 2014 but whith black and white stripes?

It might get confusing if we let him play in his Sydney jumper. Maybe he could just wear it to training.

Can't see us getting Boyd. Any interest in him is purely academic.
I still have an interest in him, although i refuse to believe i'm doing anything that could be considered academic.:)

Pardon the intrusion but a quick question for you guys. Ricky Henderson has been rumoured and seems to want to move back to Victoria. Would you guys take him and if so what would you realistically give for him?

Can't see us getting Boyd. Any interest in him is purely academic.

Not sure about academic long term though?

Dekka stated a year ago that the chances of us snaring him were nigh on zero in the short term but said it was important to expose him to the club in the hope of luring him back in the future.

Pressure defeats foot skills. Watch what happens on GF day.

Would prefer a nice dose of both Jmac,

How many sides have lost grand finals by virtue of poor kicking/ inaccuracy in front of the big sticks.

Would love Henderson, good player, also got a big kick on him and a dead eye on the run from 60 out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back