The 2013 TV Ratings thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive ratings in Perth last night - in fact both games rated well. safe to say the viewers have all found their way to 7mate nicely. Not bad for Sydney either - almost as good as Adelaide last night.

We switched off the analogue last month in Perth. We are now digital only. There should now be technically no difference between 7 and 7Mate, for anyone intelligent enough to press a button on their remote control.

That would be because both games were on 7's main channel.

What happened in Adelaide for Port's game? Almost as many people in Brisbane watched the Lions on 7mate.
1 and a half hour delay plus Port playing shit is what happened.

not bad fox ratings for two low rated games yesterday

round7bcast.png

Final ratings Round 7
  • note that we are now ahead of last years overall ratings by 3%
  • 2013 FTA ratings have finally overtaken last years at the same time.
round7bcast.png
Anyone have a comparison with last years Monday night game? No doubt Adelaide's number will be smaller because of 7mate

Final ratings Round 7
  • note that we are now ahead of last years overall ratings by 3%
  • 2013 FTA ratings have finally overtaken last years at the same time.
round7bcast.png

I guess that is good for the AFL, fox and seven, and i guess they would be even further in front ( a long way arguably) if 7 and not 7mate was used particuarly in Perth.

I reckon with a decent Brisbane (that may not happen for a while) and a rising GC Suns ratings may start looking decent in Brisbane's rating areas.

Cheers Wookie. Ratings down everywhere except Ch 7 Melb. Next Monday night match in a few weeks is West Coast v Richmond, this game will no doubt rate higher largely due to the extra numbers coming from Perth.

Cheers Wookie. Ratings down everywhere except Ch 7 Melb. Next Monday night match in a few weeks is West Coast v Richmond, this game will no doubt rate higher largely due to the extra numbers coming from Perth.

Even though Monday night has a large audience, there is a lot more competition from other programming. Also the general public may have been unaware that the game was even on. Regular Monday night games would change some of this.

Melbourne VS Gold Coast was the second highest rating match on Fox Footy this round. Well there you go.

Does not make a great deal of sense, one explanation could be a huge number of Qlders watching, another could be voyueristic Melbourne fans, and another could be mascochistic or sadistic football fans in general that take pleasure in such beatings, and i guess a fifth could be people watching and thinking .... 'looks like GC Suns are going to be pretty handy in a year.'

Think i have covered it. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easy 1 million when Fox is added

Even though 7mate in Perth was a probably a record, it does raise the question of accurate ratings.

That game on 7's primary ch would have drawn a stack more viewers, i rememeber Freo V Collingwood getting 300k (in Perth on 7) a couple of years ago on a fri night

The closeness of the game, the fact the Eagles are more popular than the Dockers, leads me to believe the ratings are more of a guesstimate than proper estimate.

First time a digital channel has had the largest share?

Probably, probably some sort of record no doubt, and smart that 7 can do this from a network POV, however i still do not really understand why there appears to be such a disparity in the ratings between 7 and 7mate.

Given the same show appears to rate so much higher on what we term the primary ch, rather than the secondary.

Probably, probably some sort of record no doubt, and smart that 7 can do this from a network POV, however i still do not really understand why there appears to be such a disparity in the ratings between 7 and 7mate.

Given the same show appears to rate so much higher on what we term the primary ch, rather than the secondary.

Do not underestimate the number of casual viewers that would only look at the major channels when deciding what to watch. These are people that would rarely, if ever, flick on to the multichannels, and all they want is something to watch. Which is part of the reason 7 are putting one of their highest rating programs on 7mate, to try and change viewer behaviour.

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2013 TV Ratings thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back