Universal Love The 2014/15 Pre-season Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure Pods will return from the break in tip top condition and will be ready to burn up the track and seize a spot in the round 1 line up:thumbsu:

B1eqGcWCMAAwvwl.jpg:large

Already at it going by this tweet from the club

Only the kids are returning tomorrow. the older players resume on 17th and that's when the new coach makes his 1st appearance. THAT'S when the whip comes out!
So by this logic, does Pods start New Years Day? :p

Had a look, don't get it.

Care to explain the joke?

It's ripping off "justgirlythings" which is a very popular tumblr/instragram page with pictures of J-Pod. For instance:

10393165_851153688229093_6278265337132899128_n.png

so in this scenario, it's implying Sando and J-Pod are having a cute couple photo.

Bobafett likes this!

Wouldn't Pods start training with the youngsters? Hasn't been in the system that long so he's not had the wear and tear as others his age.

Interested to see how Charlie Cameron progresses this preseason and where he figures on all the runs. Would love him to build his tank.

Wouldn't Pods start training with the youngsters? Hasn't been in the system that long so he's not had the wear and tear as others his age.

Interested to see how Charlie Cameron progresses this preseason and where he figures on all the runs. Would love him to build his tank.

Going by Phil's reputation, the offseason training plan that would have been adjusted straight after his appointment is for all the lads to put extra km's into the legs in preparation for a hard slog on the track. Charlie will have a much bigger tank, that's for sure. With Eddie who is an elite trainer in his corner I can only see good things coming from Charlie.

The latest injury update: http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-11-04/preseason-injury-update

Lynch and Hartigan will start training on the 17th, and tomorrow respectively. So from the get go for both of them.
VB ready to start from day 1.
Talia, Betts, Pods and Thommo will be eased into training after post-season surgery
Shaw had surgery on his hamstrings and will be back in full training after Christmas

The latest injury update: http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-11-04/preseason-injury-update

Lynch and Hartigan will start training on the 17th, and tomorrow respectively. So from the get go for both of them.
VB ready to start from day 1.
Talia, Betts, Pods and Thommo will be eased into training after post-season surgery
Shaw had surgery on his hamstrings and will be back in full training after Christmas
Surgery on his hamstrings. Thats always a good sign. Shall we ink a new 4 year deal now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable - starts training just before the start of the season. Another injury interrupted season coming up before we even start.

Seriously how much longer does this guy take up a spot, it's beyond ridiculous
It was a one year deal wasn't it? Same as Martin, just keep a few guys who could be useful on the list for another year until we get another chance to cull the dead wood. We had a whole forest full of dead wood at the end of the year, it'd be massively tough to get rid of it all in one year.

It was a one year deal wasn't it? Same as Martin, just keep a few guys who could be useful on the list for another year until we get another chance to cull the dead wood. We had a whole forest full of dead wood at the end of the year, it'd be massively tough to get rid of it all in one year.

Yeah. What did we turn over, like 9 list spots? By this time next year we won't recognise the list.

Yeah. What did we turn over, like 9 list spots? By this time next year we won't recognise the list.

I can name about 7/8 I'd think would be in trouble already for 2016. Some will have a Jaensch year, others will have a Smack year.

Pods, Radar, Siggins, Atkins, CEY, Shaw, Knight, Martin.

Osborn will prob be cut.
Thommo might retire.

And that's without delisting any new first year rookie listed.

Maybe the surgery will fix the hamstring issues?
I believe that's what they think.

Shaw is recuperating from hamstring surgery and will be monitored closely upon his return to training after Christmas.

Shaw had surgery as a result of a full review into his ongoing hamstring issues.

“Sam had surgery mid-September and it went very well,” Poulos said.

“He’ll aim to be in full training just before the start of the season.”

I get the feeling the players are going to ger absolutely flogged on the training track this preseason. Anyone know if we have bought in anymore fitness staff?

I get the feeling the players are going to ger absolutely flogged on the training track this preseason. Anyone know if we have bought in anymore fitness staff?

IN: Attilla the Hun, Genghis Khan, T-800
OUT: fear, pain, weakness

I can name about 7/8 I'd think would be in trouble already for 2016. Some will have a Jaensch year, others will have a Smack year.

Pods, Radar, Siggins, Atkins, CEY, Shaw, Knight, Martin.

Osborn will prob be cut.
Thommo might retire.

And that's without delisting any new first year rookie listed.

I don't know why people keep listing Knight in these. He is a 19 year old who was drafted out of school footy having never played against the bigger older bodies.
He plays a full season in the SANFL and finishes 2nd in our B&F and yet we want to consider his position to be at risk. Seriously? What more could he have done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love The 2014/15 Pre-season Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back