News The Ablettiser

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who reads the letter would see we are not begging him to say, actually quite the opposite :) All cats fans worth their weight will love it I reckon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would you not want him to stay?

Anyone who wants Gary Ablett to leave Geelong is a nitwit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would you not want him to stay?

Anyone who wants Gary Ablett to leave Geelong is a nitwit.

I think it's more the fact Rizzo is pointing out that the Addy isn't pleading with GAJ to stay. It's a tribute to him. And that's what Geelong fans all over will appreciate.

Geelong's a great town. I love the place.
We have lived in eastern Melbourne suburbs for 25 years, but I'd much rather live in Geelong. Grew up there as a kid, via St. Joey's and every time we go back, it's superb. VC obviously has not experienced true Geelong.

I think it's more the fact Rizzo is pointing out that the Addy isn't pleading with GAJ to stay. It's a tribute to him. And that's what Geelong fans all over will appreciate.

This :)

Couldn't get my hands on one, stuck out in the bush for a couple of days. Anyone have any spare? Or would I be able to get one from the Ady office?

Cheers.

There will be copies ran next Thursday. Call the addy then to order one :)

BTW 30,000 copies were sold by lunch time.

This :)

There will be copies ran next Thursday. Call the addy then to order one :)

BTW 30,000 copies were sold by lunch time.

As I mentioned earlier, it is a superb marketing idea. Lots of mainstream publicity and a boost to circulation which is the lifeblood of print news. Maybe your involvement with the Addy has meant you've taken some observations in this thread too much to heart and as a consequence been unfairly critical.

As I mentioned earlier, it is a superb marketing idea. Lots of mainstream publicity and a boost to circulation which is the lifeblood of print news. Maybe your involvement with the Addy has meant you've taken some observations in this thread too much to heart and as a consequence been unfairly critical.

Maybe so, but i speak as a Geelong supporter on here. TBH I would still find it staggering that people could be negative about this idea. As a Geelong Supporter I love every bit of it :D

And where do you live hero?
Footscray?
Coburg?

ha ha, taylors lakes.

I lived in geelong until I was 17, I couldn't get out of there quick enough.
I went back when I was 20 and lasted 18 months.
Ocean Grove and Barwon heads are ok.
I'd live down near rippleside but the town itself is complete crap. Especially if you are a foodie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't that one of them brand new cheapie McMansion plagued infrastructureless suburbs? LMAO

If you're gonna put down Geelong make sure you live somewhere considerably better yourself. :p

:eek: I live in Melbourne you ding bat.

I'll restart the argument as soon as someone tells me where I can buy these items in Geelong.

Sierra Nevada, Buffalo Mozz, white anchovies, Jamon, Truffles, Chorizo, Calendar cheeses, etc.
Any wine bars? Any life at night that doesn't require me to hand over my license and have my photo before I gain entry? Crap joint.

Was pretty good in the late 80's.

"hey, lets just build as many shopping malls in the city as we can and kill the entire vibe of the town'

They may as well bulldoze every building north of Ryrie street.

Its a dead place. Over and out.

Maybe so, but i speak as a Geelong supporter on here. TBH I would still find it staggering that people could be negative about this idea. As a Geelong Supporter I love every bit of it :D

Hey Rizzo, I was a bit rude about it. In the end I was looking forward to having a read when my hubby brought his copy home from work. Some b*gger stole his copy out of his bag. lol I guess it was a big success.

I put in an order on the day before it came out.

I just received a voice mail to say they ran out of them, and if I'd like Thursday edition.

Good to see my order was useful. :thumbsdown:

JERRY: I don't understand, I made a reservation, do you have my reservation?
RENTAL CAR AGENT: Yes, we do, unfortunately we ran out of cars.
JERRY: But the reservation keeps the car here. That's why you have the reservation.
RENTAL CAR AGENT: I know why we have reservations.
JERRY: I don't think you do. If you did, I'd have a car. See, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to *hold* the reservation and that's really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Anybody can just take them.

probably Moe ;)
As if a fabulous "foodie" like him would admit to coming from there... :p

:eek: I live in Melbourne you ding bat.

I'll restart the argument as soon as someone tells me where I can buy these items in Geelong.

Sierra Nevada, Buffalo Mozz, white anchovies, Jamon, Truffles, Chorizo, Calendar cheeses, etc.
Any wine bars? Any life at night that doesn't require me to hand over my license and have my photo before I gain entry? Crap joint.

Was pretty good in the late 80's.

"hey, lets just build as many shopping malls in the city as we can and kill the entire vibe of the town'

They may as well bulldoze every building north of Ryrie street.

Its a dead place. Over and out.

Are you trying to sound like a pretentious douchebag or does it just come naturally?

Geelong is no better or worse than any other coastal town with 200 thousand people...

You are right about one thing though, Geelong does need more White Anchovie/Truffle/Sierra Nevada outlets. How does one live without them! Top call! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

News The Ablettiser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back