The Ashes. Fifth Test Australia v England @ Blundstone Arena, Hobart, 14-18 January 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t get why the level menstration rises so high because England dare to do something that every. Single. Team. Does.
Don't bother with these clowns - I wasted many a post attempting to point out that same indisputable point to another user, only for it to fly over their head faster than a B2 Stealth.

True, but I still don't understand why it's allowed at all. You get a new ball after 80, keep using the first one regardless. If you don't want it damaged don't get hit into the stands

Because the ball for the 32 years I’ve been watching has had to pass a test to be usable - ie. pass through the rings. With advertising boards and all that sort of crap, and more balls being hit into the stands, they probably suffer more artificial damage than they used to as well - although for a long time the boundary WAS the fence. Personally I don’t know why teams ever ask for it to get changed when it DOES go out of shape - wouldn’t the ball behave more strangely when it’s not spherical?

Every. Single. Team?

Do you have objective evidence for this? You surely cannot have seen every team play?
Oh wow, that would be quite the feat, considering the fact the majority of Australian citizens have access to a secure internet connection, and have five functioning fingers on each hand!

There’s been a lot of that this test though. Where the vision doesn’t quite match up with the sounds. Those two we missed in the first innings were the same, just didn’t quite look right but what else could it have been?
I don’t think you can give it on that snicko, even the faintest of edges gets more of a reaction on snicko but agreed that’s not foot on ground, it’s a weird one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I’ve watched every test team and yes they’ve all done it at some stage

Proof or back off mate. This is a facts and logic based thread.

Proof or back off mate. This is a facts and logic based thread.

Right, I’ll call Rob Moody and have every moment of footage aired analysed for the moments where someone takes the ball to an umpire to say ‘this is damaged or out of shape’ because you don’t think it happens.

It did take me a whole 1 second and top result of the page Google search of ‘australia ball change’ to read about Australia getting a ball change last Ashes though.

So yeah. Only England do it, is the upshot of all that.

How mate? How did the ball hit the bat?

Did it reach out and high five it on the way past?

You can literally SEE an enourmous gap between the ball and bat
You think those 2.3 frames we saw had it conclusively missing the bat? Again I wouldn’t give it out but I’m very confident that’s hit bat

Because the ball for the 32 years I’ve been watching has had to pass a test to be usable - ie. pass through the rings. With advertising boards and all that sort of crap, and more balls being hit into the stands, they probably suffer more artificial damage than they used to as well - although for a long time the boundary WAS the fence. Personally I don’t know why teams ever ask for it to get changed when it DOES go out of shape - wouldn’t the ball behave more strangely when it’s not spherical?
I know.Never agreed with it though. Ball deterioration should be part of the game

Right, I’ll call Rob Moody and have every moment of footage aired analysed for the moments where someone takes the ball to an umpire to say ‘this is damaged or out of shape’ because you don’t think it happens.

Cool, you better get on it quick champ.

This is a good call, surely the misshapen ball would move around something shocking

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ashes. Fifth Test Australia v England @ Blundstone Arena, Hobart, 14-18 January 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back