The Ashes. Fifth Test Australia v England @ Blundstone Arena, Hobart, 14-18 January 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon I have at least 25-30 years left on this marble, and I don't think I will ever see the Poms win back the Ashes, their test team is woeful and by all accounts their county set up is a shambles. I think there could be a better chance of them being relegated to the second tier.

It only takes a couple of years to rejuvenate a set up.

You'll see them win it back, we have to play in England after all, and Australia will certainly have series with weak batting lineups.

Head would be a chance MOTS in a low scoring series, most of the pitches were bowler friendly

I give it to Starc 3, Head 2, Boland 1.

Mainly give it to Starc he performed in the first 3 tests, when Australian won the Ashes, Head would be stiff

Last edited:

Some of those 90s sides were possibly worse in terms of quality but this is the one that's showed the least ticker absolutely.
Wasn't alive so wouldn't know but you always hear about the fight that both teams show during the ashes no matter the quality they have. England had none this series, most expected them to lose but it was just the manner in which it unfolded.

Their bowling has largely been ok, and very good at times.

Hard when you have a batting side struggle to get to 200.

Bowling has been just as bad too much samey types. No wonder Wood has been their best bowler by miles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best line so far on English forums:

"Wood is a good friend of someone I know"

"Good pickup line"

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ashes. Fifth Test Australia v England @ Blundstone Arena, Hobart, 14-18 January 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back