The Ashes, Third Test Australia v England @ The MCG 26-30 December

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know you're from Perth and thus a little behind us all. Said years ago he was.
My only qualifier was that he'd be world class once he performed away, and at the time he was being lauded for home series form only.

But that point in time has long passed. Keep up Sandra Sully.
And where are you from...Geelong? Wow, how much of a trendsetter and ahead of the curve you must be, living in a veritable cosmopolitan wonderland!

Last edited:
If Boland's job is to tie down one end then he isn't doing too bad but then England isn't looking to attack the bowling.
He is going for a fair few... Too early to judge him yet but he needs to tighten it up a lot if that is what he is looking to do.

Ahh Jeff Hammond would have been a top rated test bowler if he didn't do his back.
Yes, I know, he was one of Test cricket's great losses. He and Walker carried the Australian attack in the WI in 73 when Lillee broke down and with Massie out of form.

I remember he did try to come back as more of an all-rounder for SA with a remodelled action, but only had limited success. :(

And where are you from...Geelong? Wow, how much of a trendsetter and ahead of the curb you must be, living in a veritable cosmopolitan wonderland!
Oh it's you again. Speaking more sense about cricket than your Clark to Freo drivel??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pull your head in old timer.

Is it really necessary to abuse anyone who has a different opinion than yourself?
Because the bolded is meant as a compliment of course....... :)

Boland 0/30 of 7 is a bit expensive when England is 3/81 of 31.
Just a few too many loose balls so far, just 1 to 2 per over which is releasing the pressure.

Hopefully just some nerves and he can settle down once he gets in to it.

Remember people having choice words about Richardson in Adelaide when he got 0-78 in the first innings. Give Bolland some time, lots of unlucky runs through the slips
Yup, the majority of the posters on this board know bugger all about cricket, and are frankly moronic. Root is batting well, Boland has caused issues for everyone he’s bowled to, the wickets will come.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ashes, Third Test Australia v England @ The MCG 26-30 December

Back