Roast "The Banana Incident"

Remove this Banner Ad

How would an AO ban actually work though? Whats stopping her using a GA ticket and just walk in? Theres no ID check, Security changes and there's way too many people to notice unlike when being banned from nightclub where the security remembers or have you on file?
I guess so. But there are precedents for this - here and overseas, so there probably are checks and balances. But not sure.

They must need the membership money.

1 year? Wow. That's light. In my opinion

Yep. Should be an Adelaide Oval life ban for throwing an object at a player. Increased to a life Port Adelaide membership and AFL ban for all matches at all grounds if racially motivated.

1 year of having live football taken away is nothing.
Even if they didn't want to go down the life ban track, 3 or 5 years or something is a decent chunk of time of having live football taken away from you to actually mean something.

And a shit message to everyone else for if you want to throw objects at players who are just people playing a game.

Pathetic response.
It's ok to throw stuff at players to the extent of a 1 year ban only but if race is involved it's life.

You can't go to a sporting game and throw things at players.
1 year is pathetic. :thumbsdown:
What if it was a hand grenade.

I hope his son isn't old enough to understand what happened. Imagine being some young Aboriginal kid and seeing something like that happen. No matter what you do, no matter how successful you are, there will always be people who hate and mock you based on your skin color/heritage. I can't even imagine how that would feel.

People really suck. Poor Eddie. I hope the boys get around him.

They have the banana in custody and have been questioning it all night.
Apparently it refuses to speak.

Apparently the banana's response to questioning has been pretty slippery but the police are keeping their eyes peeled for further evidence.

Spot on mate:thumbsu:.

People shouldn't kid themselves that this is a Port supporter problem. No club has a monopoly on racist morons. This just highlights the racist undercurrent that still exists in some parts of Australian society sadly. People harbour these attitudes towards Indigenous people and then wonder why they still suffer poorer life outcomes and inequality compared to non-Indigenous Australians. The attitudes of people like her and the inequality Indigenous Australians face today are inextricably linked.

There is definetly a correlation between racism and bigotry, and IQ level/ignorance. It's these people who need to be marginalised

How are they going to find out if it's racially motivated? Ask her?

I have no doubt they will interview the members who sit in her vicinity. If she was spewing the vile garbage we suspect she was they will get the testimony and hopefully act on it accordingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing that annoys me are people on social media that think it's harmless because it's a banana "what if it was an apple or a carrot", people simply don't ****en understand, they can't grasp it at all.
Hope that port supporter behind her and others comes forward with the monkey call, needs to get banned for life.
It's something that you should be taught by the age of 6, everyone is equal.

This is the 3rd year in a row port fans have been involved in ugly incidents with opposition players who don't fit into their 1950's view of the world.

If Port Power want to continue to sweep this shit under the carpet nothing will change and there will be a 2017 incident, 2018 incident...

2014: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ark-against-bachar-houli-20140909-10eng4.html

2015: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...l/news-story/899dbe82cd3f214351f26e7cc379295f
I loved that the ch9 footy show had a list of incidents to do with port. Whilst not every port supporter is like that, the overall culture seems to identify with these sorts of incidents.

How would an AO ban actually work though? Whats stopping her using a GA ticket and just walk in? Theres no ID check, Security changes and there's way too many people to notice unlike when being banned from nightclub where the security remembers or have you on file?
Banana search

Every club has its morons, yours and mine included.

My fiance has been called a "****" and a "c@#t" by Crows fans because she was wearing a teal beanie, I'm sure many of you have had the reverse happen to you or your loved ones. Is that representative of the entire fan base though? Of course not.

It's not acceptable, there are idiots in both ranks, but let's not tar everyone with the same brush.

The vast majority of footy fans love the banter but have enough brains to keep it decent.

This is partly true. The only difference being the bottom end of your supporterbase is alot less evolved than other clubs bottom end.

I hope the footy media isn't gagged by head office and actually chase this story properly.

I hope she gets a life ban but my only fear is how this could put Eddie off his game. I guess the difference is the only one getting booed from this incident would be the feral not Betts.

This will not bother Eddie in the slightest, you don't grow up in Lincoln without a few racist comments coming your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast "The Banana Incident"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back