Roast "The Banana Incident"

Remove this Banner Ad

Koch on FiveAA: we have reports of one of our female members being king hit from behind.

Penbo: wow, tell us about that.

Koch: well, you need to be careful of things mentioned on social media, sometimes supporters make stuff up to paint other teams in a bad light. I'm always careful to not make too much of it until there's an official report.

What, like mentioning it on radio you knob?

We have reports = someone said it on BF or twitter.

Why couldn't he just say it was bad without trying to stress: SMA said it was no worse than usual, and anyway Crows do it too.

Let's just not tolerate this shit, and forget about club slanging matches. All supporter groups have idiots, just boot them all out.
Exactly. Why even bring it up if there's no substance to it? If there's a police report or footage, it's news. If it's just "somebody told me" it's not news.

Heaps of people get hit, are racist, get drunk, every single day. It's not news.

That's a tad simplistic

How about ducking, sniping, show ponying, goose stepping, crowd interaction from players, over the top celebrations get banned first?
;)
Then the only reason left for booing any player is racism.

What about umpires - you going to accept all their decisions are right?

How many times is Paddy Roider going to get booed at the next Showdown - ours - for what he did to Knight ?

I personally , value my "boo" and reserve it for when warranted !
Ok so you choose option (1).

Ok so you choose option (1).

I will boo Roider next Showdown and if he goes anywhere near Riley Knight I may verbalise my displeasure at his sniping behaviour from this Showdown. The best thing supporters of the booed can do is drown it out with cheers.

The best thing the Port supporters could do at the next Showdown is applaud Eddie Betts.

There is no choice.
Booing has been going on forever - it's the opposite of cheering !

I personally do not and never have seen it as a tool for racists to subliminally get across their racism.
Isn't that what Facebook is for ?;)

Edit
In fact if Port truly wanted to show support for Eddie they could start up a chant at the beginning of the game

Last edited:
According to Caro:
1) there was the brawl on the hill
2) Port fan racially abusing Eddie Betts, evicted from ground by off-duty policeman who overheard the comments
3) The facebook rant about Betts/Walker from that 'woman' who was on Channel 7
4) an Adelaide fan racially abused Patrick Ryder (overheard by a Port official)

Not a good look for football in SA
This shit has got to stop.

And watch Port boo Charlie now he didn't get kicked out of the game for his assault on a Port player on the weekend.

Taking the Goodes emotion out of it for a moment, let's use this as the illustration of the problem.
  • Port fans will now boo Charlie Cameron because, in their mind, he got away with decking Houston.
  • Some fans will join in because they're racist and they think everyone else is booing because they're racist and that empowers them.
  • Social Justice Warriors (and probably that Susie O'Brien perpetually-offended columnist) will claim 100% of the booing is racist, which it isn't.
  • The other side of the debate will claim 0% of the booing is racist because it's all about Cameron's hit on Houston, which it isn't.
Which will leave us in a situation where Port fans can't boo Charlie Cameron because of the colour of his skin which is, in itself, racist.

It's an issue that won't be fixed easily, unless you completely ban all booing from the fans in case it's interpreted the wrong way. I really feel for the indigenous blokes who now have this sitting in the back of their mind - and they don't deserve it.

ahh ok. so now everyone is racist because it gave the racists somewhere to hide. Thats creating an excuse for the racism not stopping it.
Lol. So you are able to read minds? Please this isn't tumblr.
Nope that is not what I said at all, the thread is getting off the tracks. I've said my bit, I think I have been clear on where I stand ... I don't need to spend the next 10 pages repeating my position over and over for those that want to argue for their right to boo whomever they want whenever they want no matter what.

Firstly let me explain why felt necessary to raise this subject .
It really annoyed me that our club is getting tarnished because Poort supporters extremely bad behaviour and only way able although they were fighting each other , the press were able to pick out 1 Crow supporter trapping a Power supporter.
As well as more importantly now Power come out that one of our supporters racially insulted Ryder after of course that Power supporter was reported doing to Eddie.
Now when our club gets dragged in as part of problem on national TV etc , I get annoyed and frustrated our name getting tarnished thanks to them down the road , but also that parents etc don't get actual facts and may not feel save to bring to Crows games to enjoy the exciting team we now have.
Solution.
No Crows supporters go to Port home game --- We can't all do that

This one might cause some reaction but the only reason our club was tarnished in their mess at all was the racial slur that was accused of occurring .
I believe that we tone down any reporting of any racial abuse of Eddie or any of our boys as there is always this comeback crap which makes it so seedy and we are all racist which is crap.
Eddie in particular does not need press etc reporting any of these as he is such a adored player not from just Crows supporters but in AFL and probably in AFL history and we don't want his name getting tarnished like Goodes did at career end

This is like when growing up the little brother hits the older brother and gets told off and with a quivering lip says but he pinched me too, now he may very well have pinched him but no one else saw it to confirm it, but everyone saw the little brother lose it and hit the older brother.

We both have douche Canoe fans, this take the high road bullshit is pissing me off. I don't want any Douche Canoe's attending games no matter who they support.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes me see red ( is seeing red allowed? ) is this person calling themselves Maxine now complaining and acting as if she is the victim. Give me a break.

1. Types out vile hatefilled messages
2. Gets called out on them
3. Agrees , agrees to go on TV to explain how it was only her team losing that made her do it ( not my fault yer honour)
4. Shows no contrition
5. Complains she is getting death threats.

Now lets agree that her receiving death threats is not on. But please I hope the story doesn't become about her , the poor poor dear , receiving threats.

FFS

What makes me see red ( is seeing red allowed? ) is this person calling themselves Maxine now complaining and acting as if she is the victim. Give me a break.

3. Agrees , agrees to go on TV to explain how it was only her team losing that made her do it ( not my fault yer honour)
4. Shows no contrition

Now lets agree that her receiving death threats is not on. But please I hope the story doesn't become about her , the poor poor dear , receiving threats.

FFS

Not only is that what this story will become, it's guaranteed to become about her.

That way AdelaideNow/Today Tonight get a heap of people complaining it shouldn't be about her. She's the type of nuffie the media thrives on.

4. Shows no contrition

FFS
The problem is channel 7 interviewing her - why give her airtime at all?

Do you think the crows fans will be cheering for Watson et al this weekend when we play the bombers? There is a reason that these stains on the game are getting booed.
Are you calling Adam Goodes a stain on the game?

He doesn't need to read anything!
He's absolutely correct.

You're the one making it about race !
No im simply trying to give him something to read to look at a issue something from a difforent point of view.

So maybe people can understand what its like to be Aboriginal in this day and age from men trying to educate the masses on how we as a hole can move forward.

But their will alway be a small minority of biggets that choose to live in the dark ages.

Are you his mother because im sure he can answer for himself.

Last edited:
He came out against the Crows at every opportunity once he became coach basically lighting a fire and dividing the footballing public. I know what showdowns were like in the first few years compared to life with Williams. Big change in the mentality and feeling especially with more abuse towards crows supporters at port home games. I do blame him because he created a shit atmosphere at showdowns for the average fan. I know plenty of people who stopped going to Port showdowns because of the abuse flying around. He did some low down dirty shit as a coach that crossed the line of good natured banter. Its much better at Adelaide oval where now incidences are lower than ever before but there are still morons who carry on like both sides are playing for sheep stations. Both sides aren't perfect, crows crowds are just as poor at times but Port definitely started this war with their anti crows hate filled rants in the early 00's.
Can you tell me of this low down dirty stuff he did?

This King hit allegation appears to have as much credibility as when Trump comes out with "people told me there was vote rigging".

Koch and Trump isn't actually an unreasonable comparison.
Its clear that Port are now slinging some mud to divert attention from themselves and their supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast "The Banana Incident"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back