the best seats at Adelaide oval

Remove this Banner Ad

3yOPrqE.jpg

Crappy panoramic pic and pictures don't do it justice, everything seems much closer when you're there.

I've noticed that there are a few seats along the back row on the ground level on the eastern side that are right next to the support beams. You literally cannot see anything past the 50m line, even standing up! Glad I don't have to sit in those seats!

I'm in the unreserved section so have to get their hideously early but the view in the Western Stand in aisle 310 in the first few rows is really good. Almost in the middle of the ground and you can see the play unfold quiet nicely. Our horrible forward set-up and bomb it long strategy sticks out like a sore thumb sitting there.

Hey guys, sorry to bump an old thread but how do you all feel about your seats now and what would you guys consider the best available to general public?

I'm still a GA member, and there are certain Silver reserved seats I'd take if offered when the time comes, and certain ones I'd decline. I'd decline any seating very close to the goals, or high but directly above the goals (you're the first to see whether the ball went in, but your view of every other part of the ground is compromised). My dream seat is Level 1, just under cover, on the wing or near the 50 arc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still love my open choice seating in the Western Stand. Regardless of where I seat, it's a fantastic spot. Down the front is fantastic, and up towards the back really traps the atmosphere, and is no worse than my old seats in the Northern Stand at Football Park.

Im up in the nose bleeds and love it. I can see the whole ground, every single player, and from that height you can really observe tactics and see the game play, not just who has the ball

Im up in the nose bleeds and love it. I can see the whole ground, every single player, and from that height you can really observe tactics and see the game play, not just who has the ball

I went up into the stratosphere for the last half of the SANFL grannie (I'm ground level for Crows' games) and was amazed by how good it is up there. You can see the patterns of play developing so clearly.

I went up into the stratosphere for the last half of the SANFL grannie (I'm ground level for Crows' games) and was amazed by how good it is up there. You can see the patterns of play developing so clearly.

Yeah we were worried at first. The first game we attended someone was explaining that they needed new seats as they were getting dizzy at that height. At first we were thinking a move would be good, now we love it up there

We are up high, almost bang in line with the center circle. The olds didn't like it at first (but then again I cant think of much they do like so meh) too high, too many steps, players are too small etc etc.

I love it though. You can really see how each passage of play is developing and who is doing what off the ball. I remember 1 game Jerka was working his ass off up the ground to make position, I was impressed. But people that watched on TV thought he did 1/10th of F all.

Moral of the story is, up high is awesome for anyone interested in strategy, but you miss out on the close and personal stuff, aswell as displays of silky smooth skills that aren't exaggerated enough to see from so far back.

Remove this Banner Ad

the best seats at Adelaide oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back