Discussion The Blockbuster: Round 12 vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

So I'm watching delayed cause I've been huddle din bed as everything in breaking and sending massive amounts of pain for stupid reasons...

So judging by the game that i was half listening to at the time and now seeing, we probably need to be 2nd to the ball as anyone getting there first is either ballsing it up entirely or getting an absolute ride as far as interpretations with frees go. I cringed at a player taking possession to be immediately claimed beign paid as holding it simply because he didn't try punching the ball into his arm some more after wedging it between 2 blokes. This current crock with "you gotta make an attemnpt" is as unrealistic as an unrealistic leap.

Also, reversal free against Milne, horeshit. Both blokes are shoving each other you simply don't ping one of them and therefore vindicates the other shoving, ignore it unless one throws a punch or they wrestle or otherwise do something reportable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gutsy win, we made it tougher than it needed to be though.

Can't question our intensity and pressure but our skills and decision making still let us down at times.

I think Gram and Gamble justified their selections, really impressed by Gamble's defensive pressure and tackling which has been his main weakness. Raph Clarke was OK but still looks a bit suspect under pressure.

The youngsters stood up well again, Armitage and Steven were fantastic in the midfield while Simpkin and super sub Ledger showed some good signs too. McEvoy was enormous, took some telling marks around the ground and held his own in the ruck against Hudson and Minson.

Still plenty of room for improvement but at least we're heading in the right direction.

Very strange time to be having a go at Gamble.
Was a bit sloppy early on, but had a massive impact in the last half.
If he continues on with that form then he definitely justifies his place in the side.

I agree gamble probably shouldn't be playing, but he was pretty good tonight. Bit of a strange time to have a go at him

That's how the utility rolls don't you know, waits for the whipping boys to play a decent game before he rubbishes them and echos Nexus like propaganda that everyone over the age of 25 should be taken out back and traded whilst everyone over 30 should be shot. :thumbsu:

Wait, I'm reading criticism for Raph Clarke? What the hell did he do wrong? No, seriously. I'm sick of hearing this.

Gram was absolutely hopeless. In for no reason, out for a good reason. Omit him. End of. Montagna should be fit for next week anyway.

Gamble was useless. Did absolutely nothing. Weak, can't get himself anywhere near the ball or any contest, won't hold his opponent.

Going forward was like goddman fumble city. Really screwed it.

Thanks Goddard for one of the highlights of the season.

Frustrating win.

Montagna probably won't be available for the match next week.
Gram - 7 contested possessions, 4 clearances, 4 tackles
Gamble - 8 contested possessions, 1 clearance, 7 tackles, 1 goal

Gutsy win, we made it tougher than it needed to be though.

Can't question our intensity and pressure but our skills and decision making still let us down at times.

I think Gram and Gamble justified their selections, really impressed by Gamble's defensive pressure and tackling which has been his main weakness. Raph Clarke was OK but still looks a bit suspect under pressure.

The youngsters stood up well again, Armitage and Steven were fantastic in the midfield while Simpkin and super sub Ledger showed some good signs too. McEvoy was enormous, took some telling marks around the ground and held his own in the ruck against Hudson and Minson.

Still plenty of room for improvement but at least we're heading in the right direction.

Agree with this

Wait, I'm reading criticism for Raph Clarke? What the hell did he do wrong? No, seriously. I'm sick of hearing this.

Gram was absolutely hopeless. In for no reason, out for a good reason. Omit him. End of. Montagna should be fit for next week anyway.

Gamble was useless. Did absolutely nothing. Weak, can't get himself anywhere near the ball or any contest, won't hold his opponent.

Frustrating win.

Clarke could have 45 possessions, 15 tackles and 5 goals and would still be criticised by some for 1 clanger... I thought he was quite good today, ran all day, no significant errors (kicked it long when he ddin't see an option but did set up Gwilt running a few times), courageous as always and I was close to giving him a vote just for that big sheperd towards the end (something we see far too little of compared to Geelong or C'woood).

I also thought Gram was good, he did the job replacing Montagna with four clearances and got his hands to the ball a lot (and 4 tackles may be a career best for him...).

Not sure what you expected from Gamble, but I will never complain about 8 contested possessions and 7 tackles (and an important goal when we needed it). He should keep his spot.

But I do agree that the game was frustrating to watch - yet a win is a win and if someone can wake up Gilbert for next week, we have another reality check / major opportunity for a momentum switch against the best (we would have beaten them if it weren't for... oh well, that's history) before a run of supposedly easier games.

Frustrating win.

Heh, I actually thought Gram and Gamble did better than Clarke.

Clarke wasn't at his worst but not his greatest either.

Thought Gamble provided another option up forward. Should have had 3 goals. Did more than Siposs had been doing the past couple weeks.

Gram was average. But we needed his run.

Bit of a WTF moment near the end of the game. Baker kicking a goal, Gwilt rucking, Roo, Dal and Armo deep in defense...

Stats are stats are stats are stats. You can't put a number to the hysterical fumbling, miraculous falling over and relentless turnovers that both of them kept producing. What even counts as a contested possesion, anyway? Judd cruises around the feild each week, never wins his own ball and at the end of the day has about five billion to his name. It's meaningless.

Siposs would have cracked this game open.

There was a moment towards the end of the game where Raph took a great contested mark at half back. He ignored a half-assed lead from Schneider, much to the ire of the Saints fans around him who think he should bend over for it, assessed his options, took his man on and got past him. Running up the wing, he kicked the ball into a marking contest at half-forward. Three Saints players simply stood there and watched the Bulldogs defenders take the ball and clear out, without applying themselves to a contest. Suddenly, the entire Morabbin wing was in uproar at Raph for his turnover, which wasn't his fault and came as he won the ball and moved it 80+ metres up the ground. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Raph was one of our best tonight. He can hardly be held accountable for the bullshit technical frees the umpires pulled out against him. No one could have avoided that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Blockbuster: Round 12 vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back