Preview The breakout man

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Forward line.

Hurley, Chapman and Winderlich to play 20 + all finals and rip teams to shreds!!!

Our Forward line.

Hurley, Chapman and Winderlich to play 20 + all finals and rip teams to shreds!!!
I think we all agree that if that happened we would truly be a serious threat for the flag. I think we also all agree that there is no way on earth that will happen :(
How depressing is that? To be so resigned to constant injuries to crucial players...

Others have beaten me to the punch, but Hurley is the one.

If Hurley clicks (which is important because he brings others into the game) and Daniher was to do the inexplicable and kick 50, we'll be near ****ing impossible to beat.

I reckon give him another pre-season and then this kid will go off. He's such a hard nut, goes head first a la Selwood, but just needs some kilos.
Love him though.

In saying all that the heat is on Hurley. If he doesn't shine next year.............yeah, I think a lot of people will jump off. Has to be Hurley, for his sake.

I reckon give him another pre-season and then this kid will go off. He's such a hard nut, goes head first a la Selwood, but just needs some kilos.
Love him though.

In saying all that the heat is on Hurley. If he doesn't shine next year.............yeah, I think a lot of people will jump off. Has to be Hurley, for his sake.

Don't see it as an issue, he almost always performs well when he's not injured, he will rain down fire upon everyone if he has the opportunity to play 22 games on the bounce.

But yeah, Hams i reckon is a real goer, doesn't stop running ever and almost cracks in too hard at times, have heard James Byrne and Hayden Skipworth comment on multiple occasions on how they have to try and teach him the right way to attack the contest, because he does it with no regard for his own safety.

get some meat on the bone and he will be an absolute wrecking ball

Don't see it as an issue, he almost always performs well when he's not injured, he will rain down fire upon everyone if he has the opportunity to play 22 games on the bounce.

But yeah, Hams i reckon is a real goer, doesn't stop running ever and almost cracks in too hard at times, have heard James Byrne and Hayden Skipworth comment on multiple occasions on how they have to try and teach him the right way to attack the contest, because he does it with no regard for his own safety.

get some meat on the bone and he will be an absolute wrecking ball

He'll be great before he retires at age 25 with ****ing self induced alzheimers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Hams will probably be leading this thread in the 2015/2016 pre-season. It's very hard to see him having much of an impact next year because he doesn't have the body to play with the level of physicality his seem game is built on (though he is supposed to be a good runner so there may be a more outside role for him to play).

Hard to pick who will have a breakout year....

Pears & Jetta - (if they are at the club in 2014) - will need to have breakout years or they'll be gone in 2015
Hardingham will need to play more senior games or he'll be joining them...

Of the newer guys Ashby, Browne, Gregory, Gleeson, Hams, & Van-Unen also will be competing for spots on the list in 2015 & beyond, so we'll need to see breakout years from a couple of these guys or they'll face the chop also....

I was speculating on guys who were that 16 - 25 number on our list when I first created this thread.

Of the guys hoping to break into that top 25 I really hope we can see 'The Flying Dutchman' Dyl Van Unen get a decent run at it. Ultimately he could possibly replace Baguley in a back pocket or allow Dempsey away from half back (god forbid, did I just say that?).

Of those younger guys who are trying to also force their way into the top 25, I really do hope we see a bit more of Alex Browne and Elliot Kavanagh for there sakes, as both have their own tribes sitting behind them waiting for the chance to create a war path for them.

Michael Hurley Should be about to explode to and out and out star if somehow he can land himself in the backline, assuming that wont happen i think Jake Melksham will step up to another level.

Always happy to hear an opposition fans perspective, cheers

If Hurley plays defence he will be the most talked about player in 2014 in the comp

Really like what the TheOutsider1 in regards to both him and Melksham. I think Melksham possibly needs an injury in the main midfield or maybe he could go ahead of Hocking possibly as more of a negating player but capable of high possessions (not tagging, just more defensive). Its hard to see him not playing second string to the Watson, Goddard, Heppell, Hocking, Stanton midfield. His half forward role was great in 2013.

If Hurley plays defence he will be the most talked about player in 2014 in the comp

Really like what the TheOutsider1 in regards to both him and Melksham. I think Melksham possibly needs an injury in the main midfield or maybe he could go ahead of Hocking possibly as more of a negating player but capable of high possessions (not tagging, just more defensive). Its hard to see him not playing second string to the Watson, Goddard, Heppell, Hocking, Stanton midfield. His half forward role was great in 2013.

BJ wouldn't like it but i'd have him out of the mid rotation & mainly on the HFF with rotations to the wing.
Melk needs to spend the majority of his time as a goal kicking midfielder from now on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview The breakout man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back