Scape Goat The Cam Guthrie Echo Chamber

Remove this Banner Ad

62% gametime o_O:openmouth:😲

Equivalent to a 45 disposal, 11 clearance, 206 CDPRS game last night, if you stretch it out to 85% gametime :oops:

Is it usage or his body that prevents him playing more gametime, and more in the middle? If given the opportunity, would he be able to play 80-85% gametime, particularly on the ball, and remain effective without gassing out, or fading as a season wears on?

I’d say so. But playing players out their best position has been a problem for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If the explanation for this one good game from Guthrie and the multitude of underwhelming ones is that he was playing a different role to the usual last night, then that's a huge indictment on the coaching team.

It is one good game, however. I wouldn't be suggesting anyone eat humble pie until we see how well he can carry such form into a prelim. He and many others will need to stand up to cover for the lack of Hawkins and Duncan.

Problem is for Cam and his team-mates, last nights effort will be completely forgotten if we turn up next week like we did vs the Pies.
I know, that's why as we supporters we need to keep the heat on. HARD. That should be the f**king minimum we should expect.
Sensible selection, the talk before the game, A MUST WIN GAME!
That should be every f**king final.
Now I am scared cause I've got something invested against the Tigers.
But last night's effort from the Guthster bought a tear to the eye. Seriously, not joking.

There will be some hat eating here ... if they show up ...

Was outstanding tonight.. and they block he put on to spring Stewart or Parfitt or whoever it was was great to see
Go Catters

Id like to go back to the pre Coll game ..and ask why some were so enthused by him being missing. As I said ..he was actually playing well and had kicked some nice goals. Atm he is probably our biggest hope for the midfield next year once Kelly goes. Right age and experience etc.

Id like to go back to the pre Coll game ..and ask why some were so enthused by him being missing. As I said ..he was actually playing well and had kicked some nice goals. Atm he is probably our biggest hope for the midfield next year once Kelly goes. Right age and experience etc.

Probably because - in spite of some better form of late - the majority of his career had been quite underwhelming.

He's taken the recent improvement in his form to a whole new level last night. Kudos to him. Fantastic to see.

But to proclaim him as a genuine star on the back of one great game in a long while is premature imo. Let's see him replicate it before we beat our chests and get smug about it.

Last edited:
Probably because - in spite of some better form of late - the majority of his career had been quite underwhelming.

He's took the recent improvement in his form to a whole new level last night. Kudos to him. Fantastic to see.

But to proclaim him as a genuine star on the back of one great game in a long while is premature imo. Let's see him replicate it before we beat our chests and get smug about it.
Genuine star.. OK

Id say when players get to 80-100 games they should be consistant players for you . I feel Guthrie has been messed around a bit ..back then mid then tagger ...etc and in some of those roles he has played better than others. As I sai the last 4 or 5 games I feel he was playing well ... and hopefully thats what he can continue to deliver. The age he is he should be just about every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuine star.. OK

Id say when players get to 80-100 games they should be consistant players for you . I feel Guthrie has been messed around a bit ..back then mid then tagger ...etc and in some of those roles he has played better than others. As I sai the last 4 or 5 games I feel he was playing well ... and hopefully thats what he can continue to deliver. The age he is he should be just about every week.

I could've phrased the 'star' bit better, but I'm sure you understand what I was trying to say.

I agree he had hit a little patch of improved form, but you can't blame many for being jaded after his vanilla form in the dozens of games prior........

Anyhow, eyes forward. He went to a new level last night, and we want / need to see him perform closer to that standard every week, as you said.

I’m sure the avalanche of humble pie is coming...

No pies in the oven it seems....

No surprise there....sitting in their dark little corner waiting for Guthrie to put in a bad one....locked and loaded no doubt.

Zero cred...

I know, that's why as we supporters we need to keep the heat on. HARD. That should be the f**king minimum we should expect.
Sensible selection, the talk before the game, A MUST WIN GAME!
That should be every f**king final.
Now I am scared cause I've got something invested against the Tigers.
But last night's effort from the Guthster bought a tear to the eye. Seriously, not joking.

My son are fans but are realistic about Cam's worst and best.
We kept looking at each other as each possession mounted , not daring to say anything less we break the spell ;) - very happy for him at the end
Two more of those please Cam :)

No pies in the oven it seems....

No surprise there....sitting in their dark little corner waiting for Guthrie to put in a bad one....locked and loaded no doubt.

Zero cred...

Or maybe, just maybe, after acknowledging his brilliant game on Friday, some need him to now put in a second consecutive game of quality before conceding it wasn't just a one hit wonder?

If the explanation for this one good game from Guthrie and the multitude of underwhelming ones is that he was playing a different role to the usual last night, then that's a huge indictment on the coaching team.

It is one good game, however. I wouldn't be suggesting anyone eat humble pie until we see how well he can carry such form into a prelim. He and many others will need to stand up to cover for the lack of Hawkins and Duncan.
No, but surely calling for his career to be finished in the first half stands out as one of your more embarrassing calls.

No, but surely calling for his career to be finished in the first half stands out as one of your more embarrassing calls.
Based on him kicking the ball directly to a pack of Eagles players, leading to an easy shot on goal for the Eagles and contributing to the momentum swinging back towards them, combined with a recent finals history filled with similar blunders? No, I don't think so. Good game from him but it shouldn't be so surprising that someone on our list for that amount of time who has played that many games and who spends so much in the midfield is able to have a good game.

Based on him kicking the ball directly to a pack of Eagles players, leading to an easy shot on goal for the Eagles and contributing to the momentum swinging back towards them, combined with a recent finals history filled with similar blunders? No, I don't think so. Good game from him but it shouldn't be so surprising that someone on our list for that amount of time who has played that many games and who spends so much in the midfield is able to have a good game.
So should he be delisted before this week or not? Because you said he should NEVER play for Geelong again.

So should he be delisted before this week or not? Because you said he should NEVER play for Geelong again.
If it were up to me, he would have been traded out years ago when he still had some value.

I wouldn't take what is said in the course of a gameday thread all that seriously either, especially in response to a perennial finals basket case shanking a ball to the opposition.

If it were up to me, he would have been traded out years ago when he still had some value.

I wouldn't take what is said in the course of a gameday thread all that seriously either, especially in response to a perennial finals basket case shanking a ball to the opposition.
So you're keeping him in this week? Or out for Constable?

Remove this Banner Ad

Scape Goat The Cam Guthrie Echo Chamber

Remove this Banner Ad

Back