The "controversial" free kick to Gwilt against Mooney

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The "contraversial" free kick to Gwilt against Mooney

I dont see what was controversial about it. In the context of what it ment to the game, sure Geelong can be upset. But it was a blatant free kick and hats off to the ump for having the guts to call it. Cats can say all they want its in the rules you can not ride a player to the ground on top of his back.

So no Cam, the ump didnt cost you the game, you cost your team the game!

It was a free kick, no doubt about it. The idiots who bleat about it (and I'm sure there will be plenty) don't want to acknowledge we were beaten by a better side on the night.

You can't give 5 goal leads to top quality opposition in finals and expect to win. We're rightfully punished for being too complacent.

But again, there are no excuses. Simply not good enough.

My frustration isn't with cats fans: I totally understand them flying their flag, here. If it was us, i wouldn't blame any of us for a bit of "robbed!". It's Bomber that's the problem, mainly because it turns a worthy adversary into a wingeing sook.

Even though it was there, its never good when umpires decide the outcome of games.

Forget the free and the result for a moment. It was one of the best games Ive ever seen live. Another cats saints epic. Much respect to the geelong players.

Are they actually suggesting that the umpire should have ignored the rule and called play on just so Geelong could win the game?

That's what they usually do to any particular Geelong opponent each week.

You can't give 5 goal leads to top quality opposition in finals and expect to win. We're rightfully punished for being too complacent.

I don't think you would have been complacent for a second. The Cats know we match up well and our game plan is to control the middle which is exactly the area the cats try to dominate through hanball.

We owned you in the first half, not doubt your boys were trying and had taken nothing for granted.

I have a distant memory of Bomber calling for more free kicks to be paid at the start of the week. He finished his week on a very different note, didnt he.

I didnt hear him complain about the string of flopping free kicks that helped Geelong back into the game - most notably, the Stokes free was a horrible umpiring mistake that gave him an easy (thankfully missed) shot at goal.

Disappointing that a great win is tainted by Mooney and Thompson's behaviour. The truth is, Bomber, that it was a clear free kick to Zac Dawson.

I have a distant memory of Bomber calling for more free kicks to be paid at the start of the week. He finished his week on a very different note, didnt he.
Quoted for comedy value. I love it :thumbsu:

I didnt hear him complain about the string of flopping free kicks that helped Geelong back into the game - most notably, the Stokes free was a horrible umpiring mistake that gave him an easy (thankfully missed) shot at goal.

Disappointing that a great win is tainted by Mooney and Thompson's behaviour. The truth is, Bomber, that it was a clear free kick to Zac Dawson.

Man if anyone could find that quote would be absolutely gold... I had a brief search, couldn't find anything.

It was a free kick... and it wasnt the reason we lost! But I cant help but notice the bitterness towards the cats in this forum...!

If you want bitterness Wiggum you only have to go to our Cats portal. There you can see some unbelievable bitching and whinging. As I have said on our own thread, I have seen that paid "in the back" heaps of times.

If it happened at the 5 minute mark of the 1st quarter you would not hear a word about it. It is only because of the context of the game that people are generating so much heat over it.

I don't have any problems with the decision myself. Geelong lost because they were seriously outplayed by St.Kilda in the first half who set up a 6 goal lead.

As I said on our thread. Some of our supporters need to stop carrying on like Nancy boys and wear the loss with some dignity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it happened at the 5 minute mark of the 1st quarter

some of our supporters need to stop carrying on like Nancy boys and wear the loss with some dignity.

Actually - if you look at the tape, Schneider got a free for a push in the back from Ottens (which had less force) in the first minute of play. But as it was early on and no-where near goals it doesn't seem to be an issue.

Whilst there may be some shit going down on the Cat's board, there has been some class shown over here (I still hope it will rub off on the Geelong coach one day!).

Man if anyone could find that quote would be absolutely gold... I had a brief search, couldn't find anything.

"I just hope it's good for the umpires to come out and just take control of the match straight-up and that would have saved all the hassle out of last time we played."

mooney-gwilt-free-kick_420-420x0.jpg

Mooney clearly in Gwilt's back even before he rides him to the ground.
Gwilt has already legally disposed of the ball.

Where is the controversy? Its clear cut.

Not like the multiple free kicks given to Geelong for high contact - see Selwood the ducker
so it seems its you blokes going on about the free not geelong, keeping a lid on it is a good thing and maybe yours should have learnt that by now with only 1 cup in the closet lol. next time around geelong will beat yours no worries and the pies are just a better side , so you need luck to take it out hahahhha saints goneeeeeeeeeeeee..........so give me a red card again you ladies.......

so it seems its you blokes going on about the free not geelong, keeping a lid on it is a good thing and maybe yours should have learnt that by now with only 1 cup in the closet lol. next time around geelong will beat yours no worries and the pies are just a better side , so you need luck to take it out hahahhha saints goneeeeeeeeeeeee..........so give me a red card again you ladies.......

As soon as someone translates this pile of illiterate filth let me know.

Given that will only be playing one or the other, maybe you should be thinking of keeping a lid on it.

Luckily for you Collingwood have a great record of standing up to Premiership pressure.... dont they?

Collingwood won a premiership in 1990 but before that it was 1958. So from 1959, 51 years, they've won just as many cups as we have yet their fans seem to think we are failures and they are champions.:confused:

If you want bitterness Wiggum you only have to go to our Cats portal. There you can see some unbelievable bitching and whinging. As I have said on our own thread, I have seen that paid "in the back" heaps of times.

If it happened at the 5 minute mark of the 1st quarter you would not hear a word about it. It is only because of the context of the game that people are generating so much heat over it.

I don't have any problems with the decision myself. Geelong lost because they were seriously outplayed by St.Kilda in the first half who set up a 6 goal lead.

As I said on our thread. Some of our supporters need to stop carrying on like Nancy boys and wear the loss with some dignity.

Mate I will buy you a beer any day of the week.....name the week

Its got to be in the south east area and NO nose ring!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

The "controversial" free kick to Gwilt against Mooney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back