The Cyril Rioli Myth = The Harley Bennell Reality?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Harley Bennell is the player everyone's expecting Cyril to be.

If only Cyril got more touches...if only he got involved in games more...he would be the next...Cyril if, should, would, could, but, and however he's

NOT.

Harley Bennell however is a MACHINE. He's brought it this entire season and has anyone watched him today? He's filled Gary Ablett's void right now. The thing with Harley is that he's young and continually getting more consistent. He's got a big tank and the silky skills that make Cyril so appealing.

So what's your take on all this? Do you think Cyril will reach his potential? Has Bennell already surpassed him?

I strongly endorse this thread.

Bennell is an absolute jet who plays four quarters.

Roiling, along with dew were crucial in taking a good team to a premiership .

There will always be an element of legend there, no matter how many of these threads get started.

The mere fact that these threads use Cyril as a benchmark speaks volumes

How good is bennell!

Roiling, along with dew were crucial in taking a good team to a premiership .

There will always be an element of legend there, no matter how many of these threads get started.

The mere fact that these threads use Cyril as a benchmark speaks volumes

The benchmark for inconsistency?

Are you watching Bennell right now? Cyril's never played a game like this in his life.

Yep, he's even better than Cyril. I don't know how but he has better skills, more silk, poise and balance. Elite kick too.

Bennell is so much better than Rioli. It's not even close.

First time ive seen an aboriginal player play 4 quarters get that many touches and breaking tackles all game.

Most of them have glimpses all their careers and those glimpses start in theres 4th or 5th season.

This kid is doing it all in his 2nd.

Benell = Daniel Wells v2.0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the sort of flaky outside player that will get 15 touches a game and threaten to hurt you but not, except that he gets more than 20 touches a game and does hurt you.:thumbsu:

Now whatever happened to those 'Bennell is homesick and wants to back to Perth' rumours... :)

There is a reason Bennell was rated so highly and went at number 2 in the draft, and we're starting to see it - freak.

Not sure why you're comparing him to Rioli apart from maybe the indigenous angle, which would be disappointing? Either that or it's just a random shot at a player who perceived to be not living up to expectations?

Either way, I think you can just commend Bennell without Rioli in the conversation, he's having a great season, better than a lot of highly touted players.

Fully endorse this thread. It's what I was thinking as I watched the game. He is everything commentators and the media say Rioli is and more.

Benell = Daniel Wells v2.0

Benell has played a good game before his sixth season...

The thing about Bennell is that in the last two weeks he has shown that he can be a four quarter player, that's the kind of effort that so many talented kids are unable to produce.

Will be a special player if we see more performances like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back