Media The EKA Medal Should NOT Be Awarded

Should the EKA Medal be awarded this year?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

OPINION

I have waited until after the Beez Medal voting has closed to write this thread, as I didn’t want to join the throng of desperados clamouring for attention over the last couple of weeks in a pathetic attempt to draw a few extra popularity points.

This season has had some ups and downs. This league is cyclical, and nothing is ever as good or bad as it seems. I’ve seen some great posting and I’ve been proud of the ability of many posters, and especially ClarkeM, to put their hand up to help out and keep things running well.

That being said, the lack of young talent coming through is the worst I have seen in over 15 years in the Sweet FA.

As a result of the weakness of this year’s new posters, the EKA Medal should not be awarded, and those who are eligible should retain eligibility into next season, competing against bigger and hopefully stronger pool of posters.

Yes, each season’s draft class will fluctuate year on year and that’s part of the deal. But the quality is so bad, and the eligible players so shallow, that it would forever devalue this once great award should it be handed out this season.

It’s not the fault of the young players. Two of them (max) are actually ok. Half decent. This is on all of us experienced players and especially the leaders of the clubs for not having actively recruited and nurtured young talent.

Where are the visionary recruiting strategies? Where is the pro-active scouting of the forum, networking to bring quality in this league?

Let’s pretend this season’s first year players don’t exist (most of them don’t) and do away with this important award for a season. And let’s get back to basics and bring some future talent in for next season.

Yeah, nah. We’re awarding it this season and again the next.

More clubs need to recruit more rookies, sure. It was disappointing to see just how few clubs had rookies this season. Would like to see more clubs, even if with fully active lists, think about the broader league rather than their insular selves for a change.

Question for you Okey. Which club are you with and how many rookies did you try and recruit this season?

Yeah, nah. We’re awarding it this season and again the next.

More clubs need to recruit more rookies, sure. It was disappointing to see just how few clubs had rookies this season. Would like to see more clubs, even if with fully active lists, think about the broader league rather than their insular selves for a change.

Question for you Okey. Which club are you with and how many rookies did you try and recruit this season?
We were part of the problem for sure. I put it on me and other experienced players in the OP.

We brought in My Cotchin Rules who started the season nicely but drifted away a bit. Hopefully he returns and enjoys the league as much as some of us do.

Not handing out the EKA is a controversial opinion, sure. I’ve just never seen a season like it. Dreadful lack of depth and quality.

We were part of the problem for sure. I put it on me and other experienced players in the OP.

We brought in My Cotchin Rules who started the season nicely but drifted away a bit. Hopefully he returns and enjoys the league as much as some of us do.

Not handing out the EKA is a controversial opinion, sure. I’ve just never seen a season like it. Dreadful lack of depth and quality.
Disrespectful to two great first season posters in Pamcake1 and myblueroan.

Disrespectful to two great first season posters in Pamcake1 and myblueroan.
How to incentivise participation while complaining of the lack of it.
My OkeyDokey doesn't seem to mind his tautologist mindbending yoga.
Practising a meditation on whether it's worth breaking out some incence now.
Thanks and praise be to you for your mantra Guru Robertio ;) on this fine day.

Agree completely with my compatriot Robertio, Sweet FA has some outstanding rookies, and I for one am happy to witness their first years.

None better than myblueroan and Pamcake1; better than a whole bunch of self-appointed Sweet FA ex-spurts fo sho.

Agree completely with my compatriot Robertio, Sweet FA has some outstanding rookies, and I for one am happy to witness their first years.

None better than myblueroan and Pamcake1; better than a whole bunch of self-appointed Sweet FA ex-spurts fo sho.
Both have certainly been more relevant than okeydoke7 this season.

My OkeyDokey doesn't seem to mind his tautologist mindbending yoga.
You've been hanging out with Grand Uncle Horace a bit to much.

Why couldn't you just say he said the same things twice for us normal posters out there.

OPINION

I have waited until after the Beez Medal voting has closed to write this thread, as I didn’t want to join the throng of desperados clamouring for attention over the last couple of weeks in a pathetic attempt to draw a few extra popularity points.

This season has had some ups and downs. This league is cyclical, and nothing is ever as good or bad as it seems. I’ve seen some great posting and I’ve been proud of the ability of many posters, and especially ClarkeM, to put their hand up to help out and keep things running well.

That being said, the lack of young talent coming through is the worst I have seen in over 15 years in the Sweet FA.

As a result of the weakness of this year’s new posters, the EKA Medal should not be awarded, and those who are eligible should retain eligibility into next season, competing against bigger and hopefully stronger pool of posters.

Yes, each season’s draft class will fluctuate year on year and that’s part of the deal. But the quality is so bad, and the eligible players so shallow, that it would forever devalue this once great award should it be handed out this season.

It’s not the fault of the young players. Two of them (max) are actually ok. Half decent. This is on all of us experienced players and especially the leaders of the clubs for not having actively recruited and nurtured young talent.

Where are the visionary recruiting strategies? Where is the pro-active scouting of the forum, networking to bring quality in this league?

Let’s pretend this season’s first year players don’t exist (most of them don’t) and do away with this important award for a season. And let’s get back to basics and bring some future talent in for next season.
You got some crap rookies in your team Okey?
Hope you recruit better next year.

Here, have a carrot.🥕

Up yours with love

Horsey.xx🐎🍏🍎

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There will always be high quality rookie seasons (S32) and other ones where less rookies stick out, cyclical as you said.

I’d argue part of the problem lies with the worsening quality and decreased quantity of good media, where rookies can get their feet wet instead of being bombarded in a match thread.

Another one he's missed.
Do you think this is because the Rats weren't going to win?

Or just that Okey doesn't read match threads?

Do you think this is because the Rats weren't going to win?

Or just that Okey doesn't read match threads?
giphy.gif

Two of them (max) are actually ok. Half decent.
BFew come be salty at Okey being salty
I nominate okeydoke7 for a new SFA award I am calling the Salée (feminine version of Salty (Fr))

The Salée shalt be awarded some seasons to a deservingly salty SFA player.

My nomination of okey was triggered because he failed to provide details on which half of me was indecent.

I feel physically ill at admitting this and I seriously don't want to have to agree with okeydoke7.

Ok lets put it another way.

The content in this OP is 100% correct and says a lot about where the league is at currently.

There, agreed with the post without stroking anyones ego.

Problem is, Bigfootys platform is very outdated. most of the posters here are older generation posters who probably aren't interested in something like the SFA and the ones who are, have already tried it out or played here in the past.

Honestly think the SFA needs to move to a different platform.

I feel physically ill at admitting this and I seriously don't want to have to agree with okeydoke7.

Ok lets put it another way.

The content in this OP is 100% correct and says a lot about where the league is at currently.

There, agreed with the post without stroking anyones ego.

Problem is, Bigfootys platform is very outdated. most of the posters here are older generation posters who probably aren't interested in something like the SFA and the ones who are, have already tried it out or played here in the past.

Honestly think the SFA needs to move to a different platform.

The Salée shalt be awarded some seasons to a deservingly salty SFA player.
By-law 86: More than one player can be awarded the Salée award in a season.

NaturalDisaster is quite welcome to move to the 50m Niagra Diving platform, or Nintendo.

niagra falls GIF

Last edited:
the rookie responses in this thread have made me laugh more than the responses I have read from the non rookie posting in here

the only thing outdated in here are some of the season campaigners posts :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Media The EKA Medal Should NOT Be Awarded

Back